{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stockport score thread sponsored by Bouncebackability

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stockport score thread sponsored by Bouncebackability

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:Kilgour header?

At a push, but it was behind him and ended up miles wide. I’ve left out some similar quality Stockport chances (Wright header, Madden shot) so didn’t put that one on.

I agree that overall Stockport were the better side, but also think our much improved 2nd half display meant we did deserve a point.

Do you keep stats of how many times we score a late equaliser after a ball boy has been sent off?

xBBSO hasn’t been invented yet :lol:

Well its 2-0 in 2023 anyway :D I mean talk about perfect karma, I was almost as pleased about the fact his shithousery hadn't worked than I was our goal!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:07 pm

It was a sweet goal for sure, no better feeling than a last minute goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Kilgour flying header 61 minutes
Boateng shot blocked 68 minutes (7 Mansfield players claimed a penalty for handball, I couldn't tell)

Boateng shot was going miles wide, I was right behind it. I think the claim was for Wallace going down rather than a handball (it was a dive).

As covered above didn’t include Kilgour headed as I didn’t see it as a big chance/near miss, and for the same reason didn’t include a couple of Stockport shots.

Boateng and Akins (at least) were both pointing at their arm, so it looks to me like they were appealing for handball.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:08 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Kilgour flying header 61 minutes
Boateng shot blocked 68 minutes (7 Mansfield players claimed a penalty for handball, I couldn't tell)

Boateng shot was going miles wide, I was right behind it. I think the claim was for Wallace going down rather than a handball (it was a dive).

As covered above didn’t include Kilgour headed as I didn’t see it as a big chance/near miss, and for the same reason didn’t include a couple of Stockport shots.

Boateng and Akins (at least) were both pointing at their arm, so it looks to me like they were appealing for handball.

different angle here (at 9 minutes). Definitely hits the arm of Knoyle. But from very close range.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:16 pm

Ah a youtuber putting ‘limbs,pyro’ as a headline, pure click bait and rubbish content.

There is a Villa lad do it, every three weeks put ‘fans fighting’ in his headlines, watched a couple and nothing happened.

Bit sad.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:31 am

;) Fred day Paulstag
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:18 pm

Watched the game back on iFollow.

4 - Shocking decision from the linesman when we counter attacked after Christy Pym had saved Will Collar's shot. The ball was never out of play when Keillor Dunn was going down the left as I thought at the time.

Stockport commentator said Christy Pym is the highest paid player in League 2 on £4,500 per week. They have clearly taken this from the Salary Guess website. I would guess that the likes of Paddy Madden, Scott Quigley, Kyle Wootton, Isaac Oloafe etc are earning more. Somebody on the EFL Forum reckoned that Scott Quigley was on 10k per week. I don't believe that.

19 - Great covering tackle by Riley Harbottle after mistake by Alfie Kilgour.

30 - I would not blame Hiram Boateng for not stopping Akil Wright's cross for Paddy Madden's goal. Akil Wright took a quick throw in and we were outnumbered 4 to 3. Akil Wright impressed me again for Stockport at right centre half. If he was a transfer target for the Stags then we were on the right lines.

2nd Half

Stockport commentators going on about Northampton manager, Jon Brady, saying that Mansfield were one of the most cynical and physical teams in the league because they scythe opposition players down when they are on the counter attack.

54 - Shocking defending by Hiram Boateng letting Will Collar waltz past him. Harbottle did well to deflect Madden's shot over bar.

54/55 - Poor throw out by Christy Pym and he then fumbled Will Collar's shot but Kyle Wootton offside.

57 - Poor free kick by Boateng.

62 - Stockport commentators amazed that Jordan Bowery is playing left back.

74 - Lucas Akins should have shot when played in by Rhys Oates but tried to cross.

76 - Poor hold up play by Danny Johnson

77 - Jordan Bowery tries to intercept Croasdale's pass to Isaac Oloafe on the right but completely misses it.

80 - Stockport commentator says he cannot remember an away team winning 9 corners this season at Edgeley Park. Dave Challinor nips off to the toilet.

83 - Weak attempt at defending by Danny Johnson.

83 - Neil Byrne should have received a yellow card for wrestling Rhys Oates to the ground and getting him in a headlock.

84 - Hiram Boateng lost possession of the ball far too many times for a midfield player.

93 - Great equaliser by Lucas Akins. The first goal that Stockport had conceded in over 6 hours of play.

Mansfield MOM: Elliott Hewitt followed by Riley Harbottle and Ollie Clarke.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:08 pm

I'd been a little bit underwhelmed by Oates at times this season as he just seemed to get his head down and run into dead ends when there were better options available, but on Saturday he showed just what he was about - he must be really unsettling for defenders, and we don't have anyone else that puts themselves right up in the defenders face but can also combine with it real pace. There was a point where he flicked the ball out to our right - must have been a 25-30 yard flick - and I cant think who it was in the direction of but it seemed that they'd given it up, so Oates chased his own pass, went by the player who'd given it up and ended up winning a throw. It was great play, I'm glad he's back and approaching full fitness.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:16 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Watched the game back on iFollow.

4 - Shocking decision from the linesman when we counter attacked after Christy Pym had saved Will Collar's shot. The ball was never out of play when Keillor Dunn was going down the left as I thought at the time.

Stockport commentator said Christy Pym is the highest paid player in League 2 on £4,500 per week. They have clearly taken this from the Salary Guess website. I would guess that the likes of Paddy Madden, Scott Quigley, Kyle Wootton, Isaac Oloafe etc are earning more. Somebody on the EFL Forum reckoned that Scott Quigley was on 10k per week. I don't believe that.

19 - Great covering tackle by Riley Harbottle after mistake by Alfie Kilgour.

30 - I would not blame Hiram Boateng for not stopping Akil Wright's cross for Paddy Madden's goal. Akil Wright took a quick throw in and we were outnumbered 4 to 3. Akil Wright impressed me again for Stockport at right centre half. If he was a transfer target for the Stags then we were on the right lines.

2nd Half

Stockport commentators going on about Northampton manager, Jon Brady, saying that Mansfield were one of the most cynical and physical teams in the league because they scythe opposition players down when they are on the counter attack.

54 - Shocking defending by Hiram Boateng letting Will Collar waltz past him. Harbottle did well to deflect Madden's shot over bar.

54/55 - Poor throw out by Christy Pym and he then fumbled Will Collar's shot but Kyle Wootton offside.

57 - Poor free kick by Boateng.

62 - Stockport commentators amazed that Jordan Bowery is playing left back.

74 - Lucas Akins should have shot when played in by Rhys Oates but tried to cross.

76 - Poor hold up play by Danny Johnson

77 - Jordan Bowery tries to intercept Croasdale's pass to Isaac Oloafe on the right but completely misses it.

80 - Stockport commentator says he cannot remember an away team winning 9 corners this season at Edgeley Park. Dave Challinor nips off to the toilet.

83 - Weak attempt at defending by Danny Johnson.

83 - Neil Byrne should have received a yellow card for wrestling Rhys Oates to the ground and getting him in a headlock.

84 - Hiram Boateng lost possession of the ball far too many times for a midfield player.

93 - Great equaliser by Lucas Akins. The first goal that Stockport had conceded in over 6 hours of play.

Mansfield MOM: Elliott Hewitt followed by Riley Harbottle and Ollie Clarke.

Me too, thought we actually played better than I remember from being at the game. Stockport commentators were very fair and reasonable. Ref gave them a lot of very soft fouls, especially for Jack Stretton who went to ground every time.

Agreed, the ball is at least a foot in play when lino gave it out, absolutely shocking decision, and Byrne should have been sent off, very poor reffing.

I would take Stockport in the play offs when we have more players back, only a couple of decent players IMO.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum