{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bradford score Fred sponsored by back to back wins?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bradford score Fred sponsored by back to back wins?

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:33 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:52 pm

A good point away today. It's just written that Cook is gonna score against us when he plays, Hughes said he had a broken nose around a week ago so I'm hoping he wasn't going to play... or someone would be a bit naughty when going up for a header :D

Second half was better than the first for us, if we had 2-3 extra minutes after our goal I think we'd have nicked it.Annoying that CJ, Reed and Oates went off in the first 35 minutes. I hope it's not too bad with any of them but seen pics of Oates with his arm in a sling.

Enjoyable day all round, a good day out and a late equaliser in front of 1800 fans. I'll take it!

Also just a note on Alfie Kilgour, this lad looks brill already. Heart, commitment and a bloody good head on him. 2 goals in 2 games, get him up front Clough :D think he will be an important player for us in the next few years
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 am

diablo wrote:
Harrington St Stag wrote:Flinders was immense. He’s the reason we stayed in the game. Deserves his place in the team. Well done Mansfield, great effort by the team and the fans. COYS!

absolutely correct.. 2 games on the trot he has done well....

A keeper is only as good as his last game. Scott's come in played well a deserves the jersey now. But who knows, next week he may well have a stinker. They both are capable stppers and we are blessed.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:58 am

Cook does not like us at all does he? Reaction was rather OTT.
I hope someone splats his nose all over his face again next week. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:20 am

A point that felt like a win.

It was a game of two halves wasn't it. We were well off it in the first but that could have been that the game plan went out the window with injuries.

2nd half we had all our available strikers on the pitch and were going for it good to see in some respect, but I do feel for Jordan who looks lost at LWB at times. He did alright going forward. What I don't understand is why we had JB on the halfway line when we had a corner. I think it was Perch who had the header cleared off the line that JB probably would have scored. We also looked a right handful with both Swan and Johnsons movement going forward.

KD did well when he came on looked like he can spread the play out well.

Overall a decent draw that I would have taken pre match, but on balance, the save their keeper made in the first, the one off the line, the one.off the bar etc we could have won on another day. However a late equaliser is always good. So pretty happy with it.

Hope the injuries aren't as serious as they looked. Saw Oates in a sling.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:22 am

Yesterday proved if we attack teams we will win more than we loose.

Our problem is we start out hoping we get to the hour mark 0 0 and then go for it.

A big month ahead with yet more injures but we should at the end of it know if we are good enough to make the playoffs or not
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:24 am

Bowery ended up left midfield second half, appreciate he was out of position but would have liked to see him take their full back on more
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:37 am

Love to see these
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:44 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:Bowery ended up left midfield second half, appreciate he was out of position but would have liked to see him take their full back on more

Yes you're correct. edited my post to say LWB.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:51 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Bowery ended up left midfield second half, appreciate he was out of position but would have liked to see him take their full back on more

Yes you're correct. edited my post to say LWB.

We might see him there a lot more now we are without Macca for another 3 weeks at least.

BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 am

stag324 wrote:Yesterday proved if we attack teams we will win more than we loose.

Our problem is we start out hoping we get to the hour mark 0 0 and then go for it.

A big month ahead with yet more injures but we should at the end of it know if we are good enough to make the playoffs or not

When we attack and play football as it should be played, we’re as good as anyone. The new players look very good too. Hopefully we go up this season, but if not, I’ve got a lot more faith we’ll go one step further next season now.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:01 am

Spiritater wrote:Cook does not like us at all does he? Reaction was rather OTT.

He’s every right imo. We didn’t utilise his strengths at all.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:22 am

Certainly changed in the 2nd half and we were full value for the point. Unlucky to the ball boy :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:29 am

Spiritater wrote:Cook does not like us at all does he? Reaction was rather OTT.

Saw that on the highlights. He’s still a fatty I see.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:54 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
stag324 wrote:Yesterday proved if we attack teams we will win more than we loose.

When we attack and play football as it should be played, we’re as good as anyone. The new players look very good too. Hopefully we go up this season, but if not, I’ve got a lot more faith we’ll go one step further next season now.

Thought exactly the same after the second half changes.How good would they have been if they had trained for that formation all week instead of having a 15 minute briefing. More of the same and I think we would concede a few but score a lot more .I know managers and coaches like a 1-0 because of a clean sheet but I much prefer a 3 or 4 -1 game like the Doncaster game.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:27 am

We are still going to struggle without good LB LWB cover for Macca, JB9 or Wallace are ok for top half finish however yet again we fall short for quality cover to sustain a top 7!finish

it’s so bloomin frustrating to see Cloughie

the additions look quality just what we needed however why sell us short on numbers, for this time of the season to not bring quality in to compete with Macca is well….daft imo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:31 am

yorkshire stag wrote:We are still going to struggle without good LB LWB cover for Macca, JB9 or Wallace are ok for top half finish however yet again we fall short for quality cover to sustain a top 7!finish

it’s so bloomin frustrating to see Cloughie

the additions look quality just what we needed however why sell us short on numbers, for this time of the season to not bring quality in to compete with Macca is well….daft imo

I think that as soon as Harbottle is fit, we will see either Perch or Hewitt playing there.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:35 am

Both DKD and Swan seem to have a much quicker speed of thought and touch, whereas Oates runs into dead ends - combined with Maris you could see when DKD was back in midfield that he's going to be involved in a lot of our goals in the future
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 am

The ball boy incident was hilarious. From some on twitter you'd have thought his life had been ruined after yesterday :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:57 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:The ball boy incident was hilarious. From some on twitter you'd have thought his life had been ruined after yesterday :lol:

Serves the little burger right for his antics which had been going on for a while. Probably thought he would be getting all of the plaudits at school tomorrow and instead will now have quite a bit of urine extracted. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:03 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:The ball boy incident was hilarious. From some on twitter you'd have thought his life had been ruined after yesterday :lol:

Serves the little burger right for his antics which had been going on for a while. Probably thought he would be getting all of the plaudits at school tomorrow and instead will now have quite a bit of urine extracted. :D :D

It's frustrating when our ball boys are absolutely on it to give the ball back to another team when we're at home :D

I'm sure we'd be going mad if it was our ball boy :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:10 am

As predicted, Wallace is a disaster at LWB. He can’t move quick enough. Bowery wasn’t much better but is at least mobile. I do feel sorry for him though as he’s often left isolated on the ball, Swan and DJ we’re not offering much in terms of link up.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:37 am

MTFCMusings wrote:As predicted, Wallace is a disaster at LWB. He can’t move quick enough. Bowery wasn’t much better but is at least mobile. I do feel sorry for him though as he’s often left isolated on the ball, Swan and DJ we’re not offering much in terms of link up.

I thought JB did well if you take into account it's probably one of his least natural positions. A few times when the ball was passed out to him he went round the ball to use his right foot instead of his left.

Wallace however is just too slow, gets caught out positionally and can't recover. He was totally at sea first half. Hasn't he played there before? Seem to recall it being mentioned, but he just doesn't have the attributes required for the role.
Tomwh
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:59 am

MTFCMusings wrote:As predicted, Wallace is a disaster at LWB. He can’t move quick enough. Bowery wasn’t much better but is at least mobile. I do feel sorry for him though as he’s often left isolated on the ball, Swan and DJ we’re not offering much in terms of link up.

Yes no-one gave him a call as Mark requested :lol:

We remain woefully short on the left hand side given we have run Macca into the ground, the lack of strengthening on this side is mind boggling. I definitely would not want to see Hewitt at LWB, just one look at our goal yesterday shows why, play your best players in their best positions.

On Swan, he got into 2 great shooting positions 18 yards out, one in his right foot, one on his left and scuffed both shots. Although he and Johnson did little, the fact we played 2 strikers gave Bradford more to think about and along with Maris, whose ball retention was superb, contributed to us dominating the 2nd half.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:03 pm

I don’t think the the two strikers made any difference in terms of shape, after all we played with two strikers in the first half as well. We just played a lot better in the second half as we had more mobile players in key areas.

Maris as usual was excellent and should always play when fit, as should Swan. Ollie Clarke was a frustrating watch yesterday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum