{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Akins. Sod it

Postby scotsstag » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:47 pm

bear 73 wrote:Living in the past well Wembley was last year, and yes Akins only made a cameo apperance their so not to blame for the loss, AGAIN.
This is not a constuctive opinion but a witch hunt of one of our players,

Of course it's a constructive opinion from a supporter and regular attendee of 4 decades, so don't you dare say it's anything other.
Your constant trolling regarding Clough, Akins and Burton does get rather boring though.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:03 pm

He makes a very valid point. Isn't that what this thread all about ? Just look at the title.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:11 pm

The thread is about differing opinions, just the same as any other.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:14 pm

The thread title in my opinion is distasteful and I'm surprised the mods have not removed it, or at least retitled it.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:16 pm

Agreed, regarding the title.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:18 pm

scotsstag wrote:Agreed, regarding the title.

Thanks. I appreciate your comment. You are entitled to your opinion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:21 pm

Yep, there is only room for one opinion on this board, which is yours of course.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Re: Akins

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:03 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, there is only room for one opinion on this board, which is yours of course.
That is totally unfounded and harsh.
Nice to see the thread title has been altered.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:08 pm

So the black and white of it is since he’s been with us he’s been raspberries?
Last edited by adamstag on Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:12 pm

The comments on this board have gone from ridiculous to insane. Time to leave you guys to it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:33 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, there is only room for one opinion on this board, which is yours of course.

Absolute wet wipe.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: Akins - does not merit his constant team selection

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:31 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Absolute wet wipe.
Is that what you used to amend the title to something more acceptable :lol:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Absolute wet wipe.

He shouldn’t be starting should he, be real
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:47 pm

Maybe he’s a better player in d1 when your given more time on the ball and it’s not so physical.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:56 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Absolute wet wipe.

He shouldn’t be starting should he, be real
Where have I said he should be starting ? In fact I said IF everyone was available from the Stockport game then the side should have remained the same.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:21 am

Would be interested to see if those whoscored stats that Darren Shaw posts on here post game, start to do a stat specifically for Lucas Akins - a stat that shows how many times his second touch is a tackle.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:50 am

At RWB when Hewitt & Gordon are on the bench, he shouldn't be selected imo, especially when he hasn't played a game for a number of weeks.
Just back from injury, not fully up to speed, not his natural position - unfathomable
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:52 pm

pemill wrote:At RWB when Hewitt & Gordon are on the bench, he shouldn't be selected imo, especially when he hasn't played a game for a number of weeks.
Just back from injury, not fully up to speed, not his natural position - unfathomable

Hewitt and Gordon are on the bench for a reason, and when we gave away the second goal both were on the pitch
Without conceding that second goal it would have been a good point.
Akins was not on the pitch.
With 5 subs allowed tha game plan can be changed and tactics can be modified to change formations
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:13 pm

bear 73 wrote:
pemill wrote:At RWB when Hewitt & Gordon are on the bench, he shouldn't be selected imo, especially when he hasn't played a game for a number of weeks.

Hewitt and Gordon are on the bench for a reason, and when we gave away the second goal both were on the pitch
With 5 subs allowed tha game plan can be changed and tactics can be modified to change formations

Were they on the pitch when we conceded the first goal? Was Akins? Without conceding that first goal it would have been a good point. Neither were on the pitch for the first goal but Akins was.

You see Bear we can all make silly statements. I agree that Akins should start ahead of Gordon but Hewitt is far better especially when Akins hasn’t played for a few weeks.

If you read this thread back you will see that I’ve stated he gets too much stick but that doesn’t make him a superman. We can only judge on what we’ve seen and he has been no more than average
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:20 pm

Akins was the only member of the back 5 to escape criticism for Sutton's first goal but.There are some on here that will blame him for the 2nd too !!
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lifestags » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Not just Akins that isn't playing well, Macca hasn't started this season well at all, I think he looked much stronger as a LB.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:48 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Were they on the pitch when we conceded the first goal? Was Akins? Without conceding that first goal it would have been a good point. Neither were on the pitch for the first goal but Akins was.

You see Bear we can all make silly statements. I agree that Akins should start ahead of Gordon but Hewitt is far better especially when Akins hasn’t played for a few weeks.

If you read this thread back you will see that I’ve stated he gets too much stick but that doesn’t make him a superman. We can only judge on what we’ve seen and he has been no more than average

Taking your point Sandy defending a free kick Hewitt and Gordon should be in a defensive position.
The first goal was from open play and i will look back on the replay to see why or if Akins had any invovement in the first goal.
Superman has nothing to do with it he has not settled in because of injuries, and has been average.
some off the critcism on here has been totallly out od order,
Now to see why he could have prevented the first goal,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:54 pm

Bear if you are commenting that Hewitt and Gordon were responsible for the second goal, please make that point clear. You only stated they were on the pitch and Akins wasn’t.

It’s pretty obvious that Akins wasn’t responsible for the second goal as he wasn’t there so why point that out?.

I’m sure you are often misinterpreted on this board and a bit of clarity wouldn’t go amiss and it may prevent some of the comments you receive.. it’s a bit like Akins I suppose.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:06 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

Was Akins on the pitch Just he was on the right wing and to say because he was on the pitch we conceded the first goal.
Akins had nothing to do with either goal, i will tell you this if he could have prevented the first goal he would be superman.
Sandy it goes to show this vendetta against one of our players is way way over the top.
And on this we both agree
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:38 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Bear if you are commenting that Hewitt and Gordon were responsible for the second goal, please make that point clear. You only stated they were on the pitch and Akins wasn’t.

It’s pretty obvious that Akins wasn’t responsible for the second goal as he wasn’t there so why point that out?.

I’m sure you are often misinterpreted on this board and a bit of clarity wouldn’t go amiss and it may prevent some of the comments you receive.. it’s a bit like Akins I suppose.

No im not commenting on Gordon or Hewitt, they are there to do a job and my opinion is not valid as to who does or does not play.
pitting one player against another, Akins has been a scape goat.
Blamed for Clarke not playing also Lapslie, Maris. Bowery, its just constant.
Clarke, Lapslie, Maris dont even play wing backs, Gordon Hewitt, out the whole lot only Gordon is a winger =wing back, and he is coming back from a long term injury.
So perhaps needs time for match fitness and bringing in carefully.
On Sat you could blame many players for the result, But Akins, no, oh the wrong team selection he did nothing wrong only played part of the game coming back from injury.
Dragging down one of our own players on social media does not bode well, We all have a moan when not playing well and are critical.
But to pick on any player week in week out takes things too far,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum