{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lucas

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:46 pm

Sneag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.

Mis-managed -rocket science Akins-Bowery-Hewitt-Wallace-Hartigan-Clarke-Johnson-PYm-Perch-Boateng-
Thats ten players been the focal point of abuse,
So Clough has mis-managed the team top scorers in league 2 and in the playoffs , two top players transferred in Jan and still in the hunt for promotion.
Record season ticket sales i have to give up if this team is mis-managed why oh why was he given the job .
Lets take the records he has set move on to the better managers Mansfield have had.
Is this the same man who turned down the managers job at Nottm Forest in 2017 took Quinny from retirement through injury and got him playing for Burton and Mansfield.
And got Mansfield to Wembley in his first full season,
May will soon be with us and may mis-management be over.
Like David Sharpe said we want a team to be proud of and i am, win or lose their is always next season
Oh to be a happy clapper

Apologies if you suffer with some form of dyslexia Bear but I really struggle to understand your posts.

Think he's just an old bloke
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:48 pm

Simple Mansfield are being well managed.
Nottm Forest could not temp him-
Players respect him,Contract ends in June
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:56 pm

bear 73 wrote:Simple Mansfield are being well managed.
Nottm Forest could not temp him-
Players respect him,Contract ends in June

;) Cheerio then and our great club will move on , great owners & our brilliant amber & blue army.

No ones bigger than the club & two posters are not bigger than a fans forum.

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:02 pm

Dan wrote:That song is awful surely there’s a better one about him?

100%
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:07 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:14 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

I wouldn’t post something if I wasn’t being serious. Akins is playing well because he’s up front with support around him. That hasn’t always been the case and that’s why his start to his Mansfield career wasn’t great. He got scapegoated by fans but it was down to poor management IMO.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:10 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.

But there's 11 pages here plus multiple other posts littered across pretty much every matchday thread, pretty much exclusively slating one of our own players.

The sheer nastiness of some of those posts and some of those posters is getting beyond a joke.

If it were me or the other not proper fan doing the slating of someone or something connected with the club we'd be getting destroyed. We get destroyed for praising things as it is!!!

Proper fans.

Broomo, I think Stags fans had high expectations of Lucas Akins, one of Burton's star players in their League Two and League One promotions and their 2 seasons in The Championship.

What do you think is the reason Lucas has not lived up to expectations ?

Were expectations too high ?

Is it that he's now aged 33, he'll be 34 in February ?

Do you think his performances will improve ?

A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.

I'm glad to say since I posted in November that Lucas is now an integral part of Stags best team, being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

And, from his body language he's now enjoying his football.

Long may his good form continue.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:29 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.

But there's 11 pages here plus multiple other posts littered across pretty much every matchday thread, pretty much exclusively slating one of our own players.

The sheer nastiness of some of those posts and some of those posters is getting beyond a joke.

If it were me or the other not proper fan doing the slating of someone or something connected with the club we'd be getting destroyed. We get destroyed for praising things as it is!!!

Proper fans.

Broomo, I think Stags fans had high expectations of Lucas Akins, one of Burton's star players in their League Two and League One promotions and their 2 seasons in The Championship.

What do you think is the reason Lucas has not lived up to expectations ?

Were expectations too high ?

Is it that he's now aged 33, he'll be 34 in February ?

Do you think his performances will improve ?

A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.

I'm glad to say since I posted in November that Lucas is now an integral part of Stags best team, being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

And, from his body language he's now enjoying his football.

Long may his good form continue.

Well said.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:01 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

I wouldn’t post something if I wasn’t being serious. Akins is playing well because he’s up front with support around him. That hasn’t always been the case and that’s why his start to his Mansfield career wasn’t great. He got scapegoated by fans but it was down to poor management IMO.
Lucas Akins is a player that NC knows extremely well. I doubt very much he would mismanage him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

Lucas Akins is a player that NC knows extremely well. I doubt very much he would mismanage him.

He played him out of position frequently and exposed him. That’s mismanagement. Stevie Wonder can see he’s better employed going forward and not as a full back. It’s like putting Pickford in midfield.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:22 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

He played him out of position frequently and exposed him. That’s mismanagement. Stevie Wonder can see he’s better employed going forward and not as a full back. It’s like putting Pickford in midfield.

I agree he is better in his current position. He was played in other positions for the benefit of the team. I don't think that is mismanagement. I accept you have a differing opinion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:32 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

very weird season this, that’s the third time i’ve agreed with Gripper since his resurrection
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:47 am

How can Stags fans decide that he was played 'out of position' last season when he'd played so many games at a higher level in that role?

All we have as evidence is a player who was completely out of form for 3-4 months after he signed, and to top that the famously fickle just decided he was crap and obviously must be Cloughie favourite, so got on his back.

When he's played the defensive role this season he has been much more reliable in the role. He's certainly not been crap. If you think he has then you've been blinded by last season's Akins.

Blindingly obvious that in THIS team he is ocean's ahead of anyone else in that role up front - very much complimented by team-mates; but don't tell me he can't play the defensive roles when he has a back catalogue of history to back it up - that we ain't seen.

Can we all just put his early form behind us and back him from now on. Even blokey behind me who will only ever refer to him as Coco the Clown and Clubfoot Lange.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:50 am

Well that's what people have done. There is nothing but praise for him.

Our resident clough fan resurrected this thread to try and get one up on people, which his opinion has overwhelmingly been shot down
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:12 am

I'll hold my hands up and say for those first few months here, he was terrible. As in, "How is this bloke a professional footballer?" terrible.
John McAliskey-esque....that bad.

Given we have had a boat load of crap players over the years, it is easier to get carried away if one of them came with higher expectations than most and was also on a lengthy contract (for his age)

But credit where it is due, he has defied the critics now and we genuinely aren't the same going forwards without his presence up front.

Cast your minds back though, and you can probably repeat this thread for when we first signed Bowery.
He was garbage at first too.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:28 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:Well that's what people have done. There is nothing but praise for him.

Our resident clough fan resurrected this thread to try and get one up on people, which his opinion has overwhelmingly been shot down
I think the debate has moved on. We are now discussing whether NC has mismanaged Lucas. I don't think he has in the slightest and agree wholeheartedly with DoomMerchant's latest post on the subject.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Well that's what people have done. There is nothing but praise for him.

I think the debate has moved on. We are now discussing whether NC has mismanaged Lucas. I don't think he has in the slightest and agree wholeheartedly with DoomMerchant's latest post on the subject.

The debate has moved on now but only because of what PC has stated. “Our resident Clough” fan stirred the pot.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:45 am

Amber Andy wrote:

He was miss managed with regards to the fact it didn't matter how bad his performances were he was always included. It was only when the fans started getting vocal with boos did we see clough react. Miss managed maybe be not... handling of the whole scenario during a period where he clearly wasn't performing, absolutely
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:10 am

He was brilliant at RWB at Northampton (A - play off) and home to Exeter last season so I don’t think it’s positional that’s the issue. Probably more the overall tiredness, confidence and injuries in the wider team that affected him and team.

He does look better up top but the whole team looks more miles more balanced with a back 4 instead of wing backs. I think if we’d gone to a four around October time we’d have picked up a couple more wins… but then again we didn’t have the CBs then either
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:48 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

He was miss managed with regards to the fact it didn't matter how bad his performances were he was always included. It was only when the fans started getting vocal with boos did we see clough react. Miss managed maybe be not... handling of the whole scenario during a period where he clearly wasn't performing, absolutely

I'm pleased to see you have concluded NC did not mismanaged him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:51 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The debate has moved on now but only because of what PC has stated. “Our resident Clough” fan stirred the pot.

I don't think he did stir the pot. I value the input.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:00 am

Amber Andy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I for one welcome our Cloughite overlords.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:04 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I for one welcome our Cloughite overlords.
That's good ( I think), but a strange way of saying it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:25 am

Player plays poorly - arguments
Player plays well - arguments

Never change Stagsnet
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:45 am

Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I'm pleased to see you have concluded NC did not mismanaged him.

I never really concluded that. I don't see what happens behind the scenes
All I know is he was left out to dry which I feel was bad management at the time. Bad management could easily equate to mismanagement
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum