{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LUCAS AKINS

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:16 pm

He was “dropped” to the bench Vs Swindon…
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:20 pm

broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.

But there's 11 pages here plus multiple other posts littered across pretty much every matchday thread, pretty much exclusively slating one of our own players.

The sheer nastiness of some of those posts and some of those posters is getting beyond a joke.

If it were me or the other not proper fan doing the slating of someone or something connected with the club we'd be getting destroyed. We get destroyed for praising things as it is!!!

Proper fans.

Broomo, I think Stags fans had high expectations of Lucas Akins, one of Burton's star players in their League Two and League One promotions and their 2 seasons in The Championship.

What do you think is the reason Lucas has not lived up to expectations ?

Were expectations too high ?

Is it that he's now aged 33, he'll be 34 in February ?

Do you think his performances will improve ?

A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:31 am

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:I have just watched the F-A cup highlights and have counted 34 glaring misses and then could not be bothered.
So what is new.
Try watching Premier league it is full of glaring mistakes this is all part of football.
The game is over move on

Have you checked their messageboards/social media pages to see if any of their fans are complaining? Considering that's the issue here. Glaring misses happen all the time in football, that's not really up for debate. The issue, apparently, is people aren't allowed to bring them up, seemingly if it's lucas Akins doing it. Like we are the only club supporters ever in the history of football to criticise our own player for a bad miss. I don't buy it.

But there's 11 pages here plus multiple other posts littered across pretty much every matchday thread, pretty much exclusively slating one of our own players.

The sheer nastiness of some of those posts and some of those posters is getting beyond a joke.

If it were me or the other not proper fan doing the slating of someone or something connected with the club we'd be getting destroyed. We get destroyed for praising things as it is!!!

Proper fans.

Broomo, I think Stags fans had high expectations of Lucas Akins, one of Burton's star players in their League Two and League One promotions and their 2 seasons in The Championship.

What do you think is the reason Lucas has not lived up to expectations ?

Were expectations too high ?

Is it that he's now aged 33, he'll be 34 in February ?

Do you think his performances will improve ?

A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.

I doubt it. This is stagsnet.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Laney_MTFC » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:10 pm

A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.[/quote]

It will change when we sign someone else and they become the new boo boy, it was bowery before akins signed, people said it was like playing with 10 men when we started him.
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby young vanish » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Dan wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:A few more good performances similar to Northampton (away in the play-offs) or Doncaster (away) will hopefully change this thread to more positive comments.

I doubt it. This is stagsnet.

You do stagsnet a disservice, a single worthy performance and most on here would take encouragement from it.
⚽ What ☆ me ☆ worry? ⚽
young vanish
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I WAS CORRECTING A MISTAKE!

I WASN'T HAVING A GO AT YOU! :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I WAS CORRECTING A MISTAKE!

I WASN'T HAVING A GO AT YOU! :)

:D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Beep
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:13 pm

Oh
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:08 pm

He changed the game. Well done Lucas. Looked more threatening as soon as he came on.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:15 pm

What an impact from Lucas, he was superb in the short time he had on the pitch, I don’t think the Colchester defence knew what had hit them. Well played that man and congratulations on hitting 100 career goals.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:What an impact from Lucas, he was superb in the short time he had on the pitch, I don’t think the Colchester defence knew what had hit them. Well played that man and congratulations on hitting 100 career goals.

Didn't know what had hit them when we finally stuck two up top.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:What an impact from Lucas, he was superb in the short time he had on the pitch, I don’t think the Colchester defence knew what had hit them. Well played that man and congratulations on hitting 100 career goals.

Especially their defender, who was clearly fouled by Akins moments before he headed the winning goal..Good job the Ref and linesman were so poor that they didn't spot the foul..To be honest we were extremely lucky to win against a very poor bottom of the League side..
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:09 pm

I think with oates coming back we’re hopefully returning to the dynamics he was meant, basically a sub.

He did brilliantly in his little cameo and were all greatful for the goal, however of forward options remain the same that’s how his role will pan out.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:14 pm

diablo wrote:

Especially their defender, who was clearly fouled by Akins moments before he headed the winning goal..Good job the Ref and linesman were so poor that they didn't spot the foul..To be honest we were extremely lucky to win against a very poor bottom of the League side..

We’ve been on the receiving end enough . You sound disappointed we won
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:25 pm

diablo wrote:

Extremely lucky to win ? We should have had a penalty and they should have been down to to 10 men for most of the game. Give some praise to Akins and NC for the substitution that won us a hard fought game. Maybe Akins took into account how poor the officials were when he fouled the opposing defender ;).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:22 am

I was quite upset watching Lucas leave the pitch at full time. He didn’t look like a man who’d just scored a last minute winner, he looked quite sad and downbeat. Is this what we’ve done to him? The booing when he came on was nothing short of disgusting.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:20 am

Lucas. You drive me mad but that was an amazing super sub appearance yesterday. Well done i say.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:59 am

just listen to what Riley says in the post match about him, tells you all you need to know about him and how important he is for the whole team.
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:23 am

Dan wrote:I was quite upset watching Lucas leave the pitch at full time. He didn’t look like a man who’d just scored a last minute winner, he looked quite sad and downbeat. Is this what we’ve done to him? The booing when he came on was nothing short of disgusting.

Clough fault. Shoehorns him in at every opportunity. He played Excellent today. Bar effort he has done no where near enough to warrant a place in any position.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 am

the anomaly that is Lucas Akins, he played nearly every position at Burton & everyone was wax lyrical in League one, Clough finally gets number two of three from Burton he pulls a Stags shirt on & the curse of field mill strikes.
confidence, age or maybe form whatever it is, he hasn’t played up to the levels at his last club, i would really be interested to hear what Broomy’s thoughts are as i’m sure the comparisons from his Burton days must be vast
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 am

Lucas ... Impact sub as used yesterday. And please move Oates back up front instead of marking their left midfielder for most of the game.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:05 am

I think he’s just got too old.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:06 am

yorkstag wrote:
diablo wrote:

We’ve been on the receiving end enough . You sound disappointed we won

What?...I'm very pleased we won...When the team was announced I remarked "this has to be our best eleven and Wow! 2 up front at home" ....the Manager then puts Oates on the right wing duh....We won because Oates moved into his correct position in the centre near the end of the game and suddenly their defence was under pressure...Akins was completely unmarked and able to score because he fouled their defender immediately prior to his header...lucky yes and I'm happy to accept anything at the moment because in my opinion we are not playing well at the moment, mainly because of the Managers stubborn attitude ..
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:
diablo wrote:

Extremely lucky to win ? We should have had a penalty and they should have been down to to 10 men for most of the game. Give some praise to Akins and NC for the substitution that won us a hard fought game. Maybe Akins took into account how poor the officials were when he fouled the opposing defender ;).

Yes you are correct...it would have been easier playing against 10 men
diablo
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum