{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers score Fred sponsored by will he play Danny?

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:06 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Ho Danny boy , falling over is laces all the time :D

It's a load of Cobblers 1 Super Stags 2

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:

;) :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:28 pm

In the absence of a game this weekend I rewatched the two play off semis from last season.

Watching the games back in the cold light of day, it's no wonder we got dicked in the final because we wrung every ounce of luck we had out over the two legs.

We were the better team in both games, but our 1st goal probably wouldn't have survived VAR & in the 2nd leg, we basically kicked the snot out of them. Another day another ref we could have conceded at least 1 pen & had a couple of red cards.

I doubt I'd ever be bored enough to watch the final again. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:39 pm

Sneag wrote:In the absence of a game this weekend I rewatched the two play off semis from last season.

Watching the games back in the cold light of day, it's no wonder we got dicked in the final because we wrung every ounce of luck we had out over the two legs.

We were the better team in both games, but our 1st goal probably wouldn't have survived VAR & in the 2nd leg, we basically kicked the snot out of them. Another day another ref we could have conceded at least 1 pen & had a couple of red cards.

I doubt I'd ever be bored enough to watch the final again. :lol:

I still have wince when I remember that Kieran Wallace tackle in the second leg.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:54 am

Cobblers fans are still complaining that Tom Curtis should never have been on the pitch when he scored that goal in second leg at the Mill nearly 20 years ago.

If it is the play offs again this year then wouldn’t mind Cobblers again as we seem to have measure of them in play off games.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:44 am

We have a great chance against these. They haven't done well at home recently and score few goals. Our away form is great on the other hand and we've had a rest without that Saturday game.

Let's av em!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:37 am

part time pete wrote:Cobblers fans are still complaining that Tom Curtis should never have been on the pitch when he scored that goal in second leg at the Mill nearly 20 years ago.

If it is the play offs again this year then wouldn’t mind Cobblers again as we seem to have measure of them in play off games.

They always miss 2 important factors when moaning about that year.
1) the reason Curtis wasn't sent off is because the foul they moan about came after a foul by a Northampton player that the ref had already blown for.
2) we would have been 3-0 up after the first leg had it not been for a cynical foul by Westwood on Larkin as he was heading for a 1on1 with their keeper.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:01 pm

There’s not a better time to play Northampton. Their form of late has been inconsistent, and they’re missing a lot of players like ourselves.

Aaron McGowan is their usual starting right back, he’s suspended. Ali Koiki who starts at left back for them is out for the season. CB Tyler Magloire is out for the season for them, and they may well be without another CB in Akin Odimayo. Ben Fox who often starts for them in midfield is out for the season and Shaun McWilliams who partners Fox in midfield is also out injured for tomorrow. Tricky winger Josh Eppiah was forced off at half time on Saturday after picking up a knock and Jack Sowerby also came off after receiving an eye injury. Danny Hylton and Josh Harrop will also be unavailable for them.

So they could have up to 10 players missing for them tomorrow night, probably as many as we’ll have missing :lol:

Hopefully Maris can make the matchday squad tomorrow. It’s been 3 and a half weeks since he was initially on the bench at Tranmere before having to miss out due to not being quite right. Fingers crossed Callum Johnson is fit enough too.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I still have wince when I remember that Kieran Wallace tackle in the second leg.

Musings...I think that was the best tackle made by any player last season :)
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:04 pm

When do we think Reed and Oates will return? It’s been over 5 weeks since their injuries at Bradford. I know the initial timeline for their recovery and return was 6 weeks, but I’m not sure if we’ve been given an updated timeline on their recoveries and I’ve missed it? It’d be great to have one or both of them back for Stockport.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:12 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:When do we think Reed and Oates will return? It’s been over 5 weeks since their injuries at Bradford. I know the initial timeline for their recovery and return was 6 weeks, but I’m not sure if we’ve been given an updated timeline on their recoveries and I’ve missed it? It’d be great to have one or both of them back for Stockport.

He said last week there was a chance of Oates being on the bench for Saturday so hopefully he's back on the bench
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:22 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:When do we think Reed and Oates will return? It’s been over 5 weeks since their injuries at Bradford. I know the initial timeline for their recovery and return was 6 weeks, but I’m not sure if we’ve been given an updated timeline on their recoveries and I’ve missed it? It’d be great to have one or both of them back for Stockport.

He said last week there was a chance of Oates being on the bench for Saturday so hopefully he's back on the bench

Ahh perfect. We could really do with Oates pace now that Swan’s done for the season, even if it is just off the bench. He’d cause teams problems coming on late in games and running at tired defenders.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Ahh perfect. We could really do with Oates pace now that Swan’s done for the season, even if it is just off the bench. He’d cause teams problems coming on late in games and running at tired defenders.

When Oates came back last time I thought his pace had dropped massively
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:59 pm

spainmick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Musings...I think that was the best tackle made by any player last season :)

I remember Macca away at Morecambe…
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:06 pm

With Callum Johnson out and Hewitt being ‘50/50 at best’ for tomorrow, if Hewitt can’t play, we’re either going to have to switch to 4 at the back, or start Bowery and Akins at wing back with Johnson up front with Keillor Dunn. Johnson and Dunn both have goals in them but I don’t think they suit each other like Akins and Dunn do as a pair. The only other option I guess would be playing Wallace and LWB and Bowery at RWB, thus allowing Akins to play up front. Only problem with that is Wallace is shaky at wing back and he doesn’t have the aerobic capacity to get up and down the wing all game. Mitch Pinnock would likely get a lot of joy down the right wing against Wallace too.

The midfield 3 needs to be Quinn, Boateng and Clarke for me. Boateng played really well when he came on at Wimbledon and he’ll give us someone in midfield who will get his foot on the ball get us playing, which is something Wallace doesn’t do as much despite his combative qualities.
Last edited by Cleveland_Stag on Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at seeing Clarke as a full back tomorrow...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:36 pm

I think they've had clean sheets in 4 of the last 5 at home so expect it to be tight.

Any final score that starts Northampton 0 will do me.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm

broomo wrote:I think they've had clean sheets in 4 of the last 5 at home so expect it to be tight.

Any final score that starts Northampton 0 will do me.

I can see it being a very pragmatic game in part due to how many players each side is missing. I think set pieces will be important.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:50 pm

With the players probably available, Pym for Flinders is a likely change based on Clough's previous comments.

Outfield, I would think unchanged from the team that started the second half is most likely. If not, Boateng for Wallace is the most likely change, as per the last 30 minutes at Wimbledon
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AshoverStag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:24 pm

I don’t think it matters if you put Lucas or DJ up with DKD, he appears to be able to play along side anyone. Fast, busy, creative and dart around making a nuisance of himself
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:39 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at seeing Clarke as a full back tomorrow...

I hope not. Not interested in experiments like that at this stage of the season, especially in a big six pointer like this.

Moving Clarke out of midfield would mean Wallace, Quinn and Boateng in midfield as well which wouldn’t be dynamic enough. It would create more problems than it solves
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:05 am

100% agree

Just woudlnt be suprised
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:29 am

Listening to yesterday’s press conference, it appears Hewitt is struggling to make tonight’s team. So,Akins to wing back n Danny Johnson up front. Although Boetang played well when coming on at Wimbledon, I would stick with Wallace in the holding role. He does add a bit of steel in there which may be necessary for at least the first 60 minutes. He certainly added it last year in the play offs!!! I bet their lad who was on the receiving end of his ‘reducer’ still has the bruises!!!
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gruff » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:37 pm

Why wouldn't we play Taylor Anderson at right-back, keep JB9 at left-back, with the same central defensive 3 of Harbottle, Kilgour & Perch?

Seems the logical choice to me.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:43 pm

Wrap up tonight peeps it’s going down to 2 degrees!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Dan wrote:Wrap up tonight peeps it’s going down to 2 degrees!

Are you there tonight Dan, or are you at Mardy Lane. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum