{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Postby The One » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:10 pm

Pym was awful
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:12 pm

Can’t wait for Nigel’s debrief.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:14 pm

On the plus side Boateng did okay again. Could be important if Maris's injury drags on.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:15 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Can’t wait for Nigel’s debrief.

Think I'd rather drink paint than waste my time listening to him talk about tonight
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:16 pm

I think the lads did well tonight, the ref had the biggest impact on the game.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:17 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

Think I'd rather drink paint than waste my time listening to him talk about tonight

Ermmm….”singles out player”….erm…erm…
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Phill » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:19 pm

wardy12345 wrote:I think the lads did well tonight, the ref had the biggest impact on the game.

Literally the only thing the ref got right tonight was Quinn sending off. He was awful and in my view the epitome of a “Homer”
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 pm

And while were clutching at straws in the 12 games following our last dreadful performance at the 6 Seats, we Won 9 Drew 1 Lost 2.

I'd take that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

Ermmm….”singles out player”….erm…erm…

I’d imagine something about Wallace then we could have got a point if we don’t make that mistake
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:39 pm

We are not looking like a team ready for League One …mid Table at best
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:41 pm

Clough telling Radio Notts there were 4 or 5 situations where we could have scored even with 10 men. Must have been watching a different game - talk about clutching at straws. 1000+ people behind the goal watched us rarely trouble them all evening
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:45 pm

So what’s the deal with pym? there must be something in the contract.

I’d pretty happily pick flinders over pym, unless i’m missing something
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:46 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Clough telling Radio Notts there were 4 or 5 situations where we could have scored even with 10 men. Must have been watching a different game - talk about clutching at straws. 1000+ people behind the goal watched us rarely trouble them all evening

They were mostly in the first half :

DKD into the area on the right, tried to square to DJ
DJ shot wide from 20 yards
Clarke one on one
DJ header from Quinn cross

In the second half all I remember is the twice Oates got into the box.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:50 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Clough telling Radio Notts there were 4 or 5 situations where we could have scored even with 10 men. Must have been watching a different game - talk about clutching at straws. 1000+ people behind the goal watched us rarely trouble them all evening

I don’t think he is far off the mark with that one actually. We had some very poor misses when we should have at least hit the target but the efforts were a bit pathetic. Clarke, Bowery, Johnson and Akins all had better than half chances and Oates got himself into a good position and then put in a poor shot. There were other occasions when a half chance presented itself but we didn’t even threaten.

That said we didn’t deserve anything from the game and the whole team lacked belief.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:54 pm

Really, really hope that Hewitt can play on Saturday. He gives us a genuine attacking threat down the right hand side and it will allow Akins to go back up front with Keillor-Dunn. We missed Akins hold up play today.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:58 pm

We played terribly, but we had 4 very good chances in the first half to score and 1 second half.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Look we were poor but Clough isn’t wrong with that assessment, before Quinn’s idiotic red card, we had the better chances.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:23 pm

I thought the Quinn tackle was so bad it verged on assault. It was a shameful act that anywhere other than on a football field would have you in serious trouble. Embarrassing and deserves a long ban as well as an apology to their player.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:25 pm

five to three wrote:I thought the Quinn tackle was so bad it verged on assault. It was a shameful act that anywhere other than on a football field would have you in serious trouble. Embarrassing and deserves a long ban as well as an apology to their player.

And to be moved on imo
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 am

ParisStag wrote:
five to three wrote:I thought the Quinn tackle was so bad it verged on assault. It was a shameful act that anywhere other than on a football field would have you in serious trouble. Embarrassing and deserves a long ban as well as an apology to their player.

And to be moved on imo

Simply getting rid of Quinn and Perch this summer and using the money spent on their likely relatively high wages and replacing them with better, younger players will really help us out next season.

I really don't think we're getting value for money on those two this season. I'd expect they both earn above average wages, however, in my opinion, they're both not nearly good enough to be starting games regularly for a promotion contender.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:45 am

It’s funny you say that. I walked back to the car with two young coppers from Northampton, really nice lads they were. I said to them if he’d done that outside a stadium he’d get at least 6 months inside. They’d not seen it as they’d been outside all game so I showed them on my phone and they winced and agreed with me.

It’s getting on for 3am and I’m still angry and frustrated. Mainly with Pym for the penalty, Quinn for losing the plot and Clough for risking Macca when he didn’t need to. They weren’t that much better than us either which is frustrating. If we play like that on Saturday we’ll get hammered.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:26 am

It was a terrible night quinn,s going to be a big miss as is macca ,but it was coming with our injury list just got to regroup and go again when we get our injured players back still pretty confident of making the play offs given our remaining games and those above us fixtures
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:31 am

A night’s sleep hasn’t removed the disappointment.

The frustrating thing is that Northampton were there for the taking but we didn’t have the belief or confidence. We had the chances and if we’d put one away I feel we would have gone on and won it. Credit to the cobblers, they kept going and grew with the game but were no better than average for most of it.

Quinn obviously just about destroyed us and we will be weaker for the next three games none of which will be easy ones.

I suspect there will be new injuries from last night which makes the sending off even worse.

A point on Saturday is now absolutely vital and Nigel needs to earn his corn by picking the team up and coming up with a plan before then.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:53 am

So who is taking up the threader’s challenge as it is Wednesday and the beermen have bitten the dust.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:23 am

I really hope clough throws the book at quinn, it’s completely unforgivable and not the first time it’s happened, the FA will (and rightfully so) be looking into it and will probably add games on.

To do so as an experienced professional, away to someone else towards the top of the league when we’ve got the injury crisis we’ve got is beggars belief, it really is.

Apart from that, as seems to have been rumbling on for weeks, flinders still looks better to me that pym, and the lack of pace in the side is still startling, it needs addressing in the summer.

Hopes of the top 3 were extinguished last night after wins for stevenage and northampton, it remains to be seen if we make it even into the playoffs.

A big last quarter of the season for clough.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum