{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers score Fred sponsored by the Beermen

Postby bear 73 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 pm

A huge win for Northampton and a huge loss for Mansfield a penalty decided the game, and playing away from home a point would be a good result,
The referee was certainly a homer and you could see Mansfield players being frustrated and yellow cards are a good weapon in a tight contest and Mansfield seemed on the receiving end.
The contest took a turn for the worst when Quinn was blatantly fouled and the ref again took a blind eye to the incident and Quinn lost it and was red carded.
Now the Stags had a mountain to climb 1-0 down playing against a top side with over 20 minutes remaining .
Still a lot to play for but the top 3 now leaves a mountain to climb
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:31 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Pyms distrbution was awful last night. Kept on rolling it out in the worst possible players. As soon as their forwards pressed, we panicked and lost the ball

Kicking it was a waste off time with there massive defenders agains our small forward line
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:39 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
adamstag wrote:If we do extend cloughs contract can it have a clause in that he can’t sign injury prone has beens from burton?

Which ex Burton player is injured?

O'Toole.

There are 5 ex-Burton players in total: Akins, Quinn, Wallace, O'Toole, Keillor-Dunn. One out of 5 injured is a much better injury rate than the non-ex-Burton players :lol:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm

:o Had everything crossed last night for a good result but end up being cross :-x :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:47 pm

The club be cursed. :twisted:

L2 forever.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:18 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:18 am

Dan wrote:My pics if you want a look: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 0560139104

Nice pics Dan
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:55 am

Thank you
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:38 am

Brady was on a yellow card last night and in the Quinn incident he was clearly threatening him as he left the pitch. This wound Quinn up even more, the ref could not see this because of the melee. Did the player who had his hands around Quinn’s neck also get booked?
I understand Brady’s frustration but he also seems to have anger issues which went unpunished.
The referee was poor and seemed to miss key fouls and bookings all night for us.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:37 am

london amber stag wrote:Brady was on a yellow card last night and in the Quinn incident he was clearly threatening him as he left the pitch. This wound Quinn up even more, the ref could not see this because of the melee. Did the player who had his hands around Quinn’s neck also get booked?
I understand Brady’s frustration but he also seems to have anger issues which went unpunished.
The referee was poor and seemed to miss key fouls and bookings all night for us.

No he didn't get booked. I think I mentioned all of these things in my report
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:40 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Brady was on a yellow card last night and in the Quinn incident he was clearly threatening him as he left the pitch. This wound Quinn up even more, the ref could not see this because of the melee. Did the player who had his hands around Quinn’s neck also get booked?

He was booked earlier in the game Martin.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:14 pm

Well he was lucky not to be sent off too if he was booked earlier in the game.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I'm talking about Leonard, who had his hands around Quinn's neck, he was not booked, nor had he been booked earlier. Nor was Brady booked, who of course had been booked earlier. See discussion in my report, including why Brady said he was booked
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I'm talking about Leonard, who had his hands around Quinn's neck, he was not booked, nor had he been booked earlier. Nor was Brady booked, who of course had been booked earlier. See discussion in my report, including why Brady said he was booked

Ah right, I thought you meant Brady hadn't already been booked before the incident. I don't think he should have been booked for his reaction to Quinn's challenge, it was a very bad tackle with clear intent, but Leonard should have been at least yellow carded. It summed up a referee who was a definite homer.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:45 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Ah right, I thought you meant Brady hadn't already been booked before the incident. I don't think he should have been booked for his reaction to Quinn's challenge, it was a very bad tackle with clear intent, but Leonard should have been at least yellow carded. It summed up a referee who was a definite homer.

Agreed
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:35 pm

Mate of mine who’s a Northampton fan said the ref was shocking in their favour.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:15 pm

I thought most of the Stags team looked extremely tired with a lot of passes going astray . I don't think Northampton were much better but they did move about faster. Overall I thought it was a very poor game considering two teams challenging for promotion however the injury list to both teams have at present didn't help. Had it not been for the penalty I think Northampton would of settled for a point. The referee was shocking on the night but that's something we are used to now.
As for Quinn , he let the whole team and fantastic supporters down once again . I don't think he will be missed as much as some think. He's looked very tired aswell and not as effective on the games as much as last season . Maybe a rest will do him good.
Hopefully we can bounce back and the season is far from over .
KEEP THE FAITH ! COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum