{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Louis Reed signs for Mansfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Louis Reed signs for Mansfield

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:21 pm

Hit me with a flower
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:22 pm

What kind of midfielder is he? Is he better at defending or more of an attacking mid?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:28 pm

Good signing welcome to Louis & good luck
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Swindon's Players' Player of the Season

October
"Scott Lindsey admitted to the Swindon Advertiser that his absence was purely down to the form of Saidou Khan. Reedy has done nothing wrong, he really hasn’t, and I feel for him. But at the moment, he might just have to be a little bit patient. I know he will because he’s a great pro, he trains hard all the time. He’s a great footballer, and he suits our style, but at the moment, Saidou has been outstanding for us.”

16(4) league starts for Swindon this season.

He's been in my list of top League 2 centre midfield players for the last two seasons. Very happy. Hit me with a flower and do it every hour.

I assume the plan is for George Maris to move further forward into the attacking midfield position where he played at Cambridge; or play two centre mids.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:40 pm

Ok you can stop googling Lou Reed hits now Darren.

A good signing as he's a good age and the sort of player we need allowing Maris a more advanced role. He was very highly rated early on in his career and I remember watching him play for one of the England age group teams. I think the signing also probably tells us Clough will be here next season, three players on contracts through next season, I'm not sure you'd do that if you were thinking of making a change in the summer. Hopefully the 4th signing is a striker/forward.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:47 pm

He hit the post with a free kick against the Stags at Swindon last season.

He also scored with a free kick against Sutton last season.

He scored the winner against Barrow last season.

He scored the winner against Barrow this season with a penalty after Farman had messed up

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:56 pm

Ah you're so vicious Rob.

Louis Reed has played for England U18s, U19s and U20s.

The message loud and clear last night was that JR and Nigel Clough are here to stay. JR is as enthusiastic as ever and has given the go ahead for Nigel and his team to rebuild/improve the squad. Clough 2.0
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:05 pm

Louis Reed is a very good footballer, happy with this signing.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:09 pm

w12stag wrote:Lou Reed,could be a walk on the wild side.

He'll be a transformer.

Does he wear shiny leather boots?
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:27 pm

grufti wrote:
w12stag wrote:Lou Reed,could be a walk on the wild side.

He'll be a transformer.

Does he wear shiny leather boots?

Only on a perfect day.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby healthclub » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Swindon's Players' Player of the Season

October
"Scott Lindsey admitted to the Swindon Advertiser that his absence was purely down to the form of Saidou Khan. Reedy has done nothing wrong, he really hasn’t, and I feel for him. But at the moment, he might just have to be a little bit patient. I know he will because he’s a great pro, he trains hard all the time. He’s a great footballer, and he suits our style, but at the moment, Saidou has been outstanding for us.”

16(4) league starts for Swindon this season.

He's been in my list of top League 2 centre midfield players for the last two seasons. Very happy. Hit me with a flower and do it every hour.

I assume the plan is for George Maris to move further forward into the attacking midfield position where he played at Cambridge; or play two centre mids.

I agree regarding Maris. I don't think Hiram has been nowhere near good enough. He was brilliant in Pre season, I actually think Nige is losing patience with him.

I'd have ;

Reed

Clarke , Quinn

Maris.
healthclub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Harrington St Stag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:54 pm

Great signing imo. Very happy so far with our business in this window. Definitely upping the quality on the squad.
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Louis Reed (Signed)

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:09 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Think we can forgive him for playing for the sheep bah bah .., welcome Louis now for a goal scorer hopefully

Nothing to forgive,helped them on their way to non league.Well done youth.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 pm

Can we resurrect the Boing Boing song now?
:lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:58 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Ah you're so vicious Rob.

Louis Reed has played for England U18s, U19s and U20s.

The message loud and clear last night was that JR and Nigel Clough are here to stay. JR is as enthusiastic as ever and has given the go ahead for Nigel and his team to rebuild/improve the squad. Clough 2.0

OK enough now :lol:

Yes I think it is quite clear Clough, for all his good points and bad, will be here next season regardless of where we finish. I've always been one for stability and giving managers plenty of time so am not hugely bothered either way, but he will have to improve on what we have seen this season so far. I do think if we finished outside the top 7 no-one would have been surprised if he'd moved on, but now I think it looks like he's staying and I'd guess a new contract will be sorted soon. Hopefully the square pegs in round holes is now a thing of the past - I know Crewe were very poor and we really should have beaten them, but we just looked so much better with defenders, even if it was only one new player! We still need a striker, whilst I don't think DJ will ever play for us, we clearly miss a poacher of his type.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:04 pm

The good thing about this signing and the others is that they're youngish and seem to be the first part of a squad rebuild rather than stopgaps or temporary additions to see us over the line.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:06 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:20 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Will there be a striker as well in this next couple
We need someone to help out Oates
Bowery not up to it this season

Bowery not up to it ? What about Oates he has been far from electric. He had the good spell for a month or two pre/post Christmas last season.

NC has said in lots of post match interviews …… if we’d took our chances

Swan has done brilliant but he’s a young player on loan learning his craft. We can’t put the pressure on him being the main man.

Hopefully NC brings in an experienced forward to compete with Oates as main Striker. Maybe this will also give Oates added competition and find his form.

So for me it’s not “help out Oates” it’s “Compete with Oates”
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:35 pm

AshoverStag wrote:

Bowery not up to it ? What about Oates he has been far from electric. He had the good spell for a month or two pre/post Christmas last season.

Swan has done brilliant but he’s a young player on loan learning his craft. We can’t put the pressure on him being the main man.

Hopefully NC brings in an experienced forward to compete with Oates as main Striker. Maybe this will also give Oates added competition and find his form.

Has Bowery even played as a striker this season?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:42 pm

Well I’ve been to all games but Grimsby Sneag and I fail to recal Bowery starting and finishing as main striker.

Oates has, and knows his position. Even on a wing. He’s still got the forwards mindset

Poor Bowery, and Hawkins were forced to have a defensive mindset. Then expected to just switch it off and be full of confidence up front for an odd game.

I feel really sorry for Bowery. If he’d played loads of games in his natural forward position and not performed then maybe different but he’s been stuck as RB/LB even CB

Oates is the one for me who’s not delivered in his natural position …hence my post, hence another Striker in please NC
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:36 pm

Seems Reed is a replacement for the injured Hartigan (according to the BBC transfer site).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:50 pm

AshoverStag wrote:

Once again yesterday Oates was back defending in the right back position for Crewe’s set pieces or when they were having a good spell . When we regain position he then has to get himself back up front as a solo striker. Leave him up front when the opposition have free kicks and his speed alone would pull 2 or 3 players back to mark him . He would also have far more one on one chances if we clear the ball quicker.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:40 pm

Swindon Fans comments on Louis Reed on League 2 Forum and Facebook

"Class. Was our star midfielder last season. He's a little dynamo who has a superb range of passing. He's not really hit the same heights this season, possibly due to change of manager and possibly because he wants to leave. "

"ucking brilliant last year. Shadow of that this season. Best DM in the league. God knows what Lindsey did to him. Was best mates with Jack Payne who went to Charlton and I think he was expecting a similar move but didn’t happen. Maybe got a bit sulky."

"He's obviously class, but has been a shadow of his former self so getting some cash for him is very good news. Losing him would have been devastating at this stage last season. This time around, not so much."

"Personally, I’m very sorry to see him go. Outstanding last season and maybe different circumstances might have got the best out of him again this season."

"By far the best player for us last season unfortunately hasn't replicated that this season but still a very good player, with his contract due to expire and him not wanting to sign a new contract then was best to cash in on him that's good buisness so good luck to him"

"Khan is a better player. Reed was fantastic under Garner, but has not been the same player this season. Good business to get a fee for a squad player."

"Shame to see him go but he hasn't been the same player without Payne on the pitch with him"

"Best midfielder in the league and we let him leave. Love you reedy, good luck at Mansfield"

"Another player Lindsey ruined"
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:51 pm

He played for sheep against us the season they went down.

An interesting comment from Martin's report at the Prozact

A bizarre moment in the third moment of stoppage time as Louis Reed was shown a red card by referee Darren Drysdale for bringing down Danny Rose as the last man with Rose having a clear run through on goal. Reed accepted his fate and was walking off, before the referee spotted that his linesman had the offside flag up against Rose, so Drysdale correctly rescinded the card and Reed was able to continue.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:58 pm

part time pete wrote:He played for sheep against us the season they went down.

An interesting comment from Martin's report at the Prozact

A bizarre moment in the third moment of stoppage time as Louis Reed was shown a red card by referee Darren Drysdale for bringing down Danny Rose as the last man with Rose having a clear run through on goal. Reed accepted his fate and was walking off, before the referee spotted that his linesman had the offside flag up against Rose, so Drysdale correctly rescinded the card and Reed was able to continue.

:D

1 Min 41 Seconds in

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum