{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crewe score Fred sponsored by we trust you Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crewe score Fred sponsored by we trust you Nigel

Postby trenty » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:44 am

Anyone noticed that Maris showed no sign of a celebration when he scored his goal
None at all, very strange unless he is another one on the way out
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:50 am

trenty wrote:Anyone noticed that Maris showed no sign of a celebration when he scored his goal

Yes. I found it strange. Didn't realise he didn't celebrate I thought he just got mobbed immediately. On the highlights though it is very noticeable.

Has Maris been mistreated? You could argue that he's moved role from protecting the back 4 to a more advanced role. He came here after playing attacking midfield whilst at Cambridge so whilst possible it's unlikely to be the reason.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:53 am

I think Maris is still carrying a knock from Hartlepool game, I guessed that he’d maybe caught it again diving in for the goal. Hopefully with new signing and Clarke getting back soon(ish) he doesn’t have to do the work of three players anymore
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:56 am

Yes my grandson said why is he not celebrating, did he play for Crewe? No i dont think so, Cambridge i think
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:24 am

My mate and I commented on exactly the same thing as totally strange and wondered if he'd played for Crewe at some point?

The worst case scenario is that he's another unhappy player for whatever reason although I genuinely hope not.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:My mate and I commented on exactly the same thing as totally strange and wondered if he'd played for Crewe at some point?

The worst case scenario is that he's another unhappy player for whatever reason although I genuinely hope not.

What's with the 'another' unhappy player comment?

Did you read Laps and Hawkins leaving statements? Anything at all in there to suggest either of them were unhappy?

I swear to god some people just look for a reason to complain/moan even when the reason is total raspberrys.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:54 am

broomo wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:My mate and I commented on exactly the same thing as totally strange and wondered if he'd played for Crewe at some point?

Did you read Laps and Hawkins leaving statements? Anything at all in there to suggest either of them were unhappy?

I swear to god some people just look for a reason to complain/moan even when the reason is total raspberrys.
What is your thinking as to why he did not celebrate then. It is usually some kind of statement.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:00 am

Previous posters have said the Crewe keeper made two great saves, good for him, it's his job but it hapoens week after week. Our job is to take chances, we do not have a player with that ability at the club, DJ not included. If there are two more incoming I pray one is an experienced striker, not someone from an u21s side.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 am

broomo wrote:

Chris doesn't like our manager. He will take any opportunity to have a dig, even to the extent of inventing scenarios in his head that are the fault of the manager.
This board has had it's fair share of serial whingers over the years, but this season has seen them all come out of the woodwork.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:16 am

trenty wrote:Anyone noticed that Maris showed no sign of a celebration when he scored his goal

Is that his celebration? I thought he always just sort of pottered back to our half when he scored
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:21 am

I took Maris non celebration as a release from giving a few goals away over the last few games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:40 am

Could be anything. The aggravated a knock is a decent shout.

Could it be we've signed Louis Reed. A direct competitor for his position? Perhaps resigned to being dropped regardless. I mean he will now he's sent off and Clough said we aren't appealing.

It's unlikely though.

Probably just one of this players who doesn't celebrate.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 am

gazza1988 wrote:Could be anything. The aggravated a knock is a decent shout.

Could it be we've signed Louis Reed. A direct competitor for his position? Perhaps resigned to being dropped regardless. I mean he will now he's sent off and Clough said we aren't appealing.

It's unlikely though.

Probably just one of this players who doesn't celebrate.

He’s not a player who doesn’t celebrate.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:50 am

Just had a look at a few of his goals on YouTube. Some he didn't celebrate some he did. Found an old one for Cambridge vs Crewe and he celebrated that one.

It's just 50/50 whether he does or not. Perhaps how he felt his game went? His goal vs Derby in the cup/trophy from a corner direct he just walked across the touchline back to his own half. Other, like Rochdale he ran and slid on his knees.

Did find in the Cambridge video of his top 5 goals 2 out of the 5 he just jogged off.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:02 am

Ollie Clarke didnt really celebrate that worldy did he against Doncaster? Not like we thought he would.

I wouldn't read too much into it
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

I see he didn’t call out Boaetang for his pass to set up the Crewe player for his goal like he did with Maris last week, is that because Hiram is one of Cloughs signinings and Maris isn’t.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:26 am

Looked to me like Boeteng was being pulled back after he dispossessed their lad. Maybe that factors into it?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:53 am

Is this a 1 match ban?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:30 pm

broomo wrote:

Well do you think all the players look totally happy Broomo and as for Laps and Hawkins don't be so naieve. In these days of social media dissecting every word they are never going to say anything detrimental about the team they've just left for fear of giving anyone a wrong impression whether they were happy or not. It's like every player who joins us is deemed to have said the same thing ... there are obligatory sound bites in this day and age.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:09 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
broomo wrote:

Well do you think all the players look totally happy Broomo and as for Laps and Hawkins don't be so naieve. In these days of social media dissecting every word they are never going to say anything detrimental about the team they've just left for fear of giving anyone a wrong impression whether they were happy or not. It's like every player who joins us is deemed to have said the same thing ... there are obligatory sound bites in this day and age.

I bet Danny Johnson doesn’t say nice things about us if he moves on or is released in the summer. :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

I see he didn’t call out Boaetang for his pass to set up the Crewe player for his goal like he did with Maris last week, is that because Hiram is one of Cloughs signinings and Maris isn’t.

He did call out/name Boateng at fault on the radio Nottingham post match.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:02 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

He did call out/name Boateng at fault on the radio Nottingham post match.

that he did, driving home we all went “ouch here we go again “
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:25 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
broomo wrote:

Well how can he

I bet Danny Johnson doesn’t say nice things about us if he moves on or is released in the summer. :D

How can he moan the legend that is lucas is our saviour
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:00 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
broomo wrote:

I think the players are under pressure as they are on a bad run. Like players from all clubs do when on a bad run. I think you are reading too much into it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:30 pm

With Hawkins, Lapslie, Harbottle, Clarke, Akins, Hartigan missing we were unlucky not to win and lose Maris to a straight red,
At a time of change 3 points would have been brill.
Moving to 11 points from the magic 50.
Will good business for the club disrupt the team or will we push on, early days
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum