{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfer Window

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:57 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Gills have signed Tom Nichols from Crawley. I'm sure we looked at him in the summer didn't we?

there’s never a wing back in him move on
Who would you like us to sign ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a quality left sided CB & right wing back maybe :roll:

have you been living on Mars ?

& no more midfielders
WHO would you like to sign, was the question.

Names, Yorkshire stag, names !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:24 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:Lets not hear any more about january being a tough window ,hes had two summer windows so its nigels get out of jail card if he fails its time to seperate
The fact is January is a tough window. No club want's to offload their better players, halfway through the season, unless it is for a good fee. The ones they want to get rid of are their "surplus to requirements players".

Why are you so keen to see the back of NC ?

Im not keen at all to see the back of nigel ,but i dont think hes doing a great job either,as a figurehead for the club great ,but his failure to address our obvious problems concern me and his pragmatic style is reflected in the sterile football we are seeing ,so all in all hes not won me over but if he completes the job great i just dont think he will
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:16 am

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:Lets not hear any more about january being a tough window ,hes had two summer windows so its nigels get out of jail card if he fails its time to seperate
The fact is January is a tough window. No club want's to offload their better players, halfway through the season, unless it is for a good fee. The ones they want to get rid of are their "surplus to requirements players".

Im not keen at all to see the back of nigel ,but i dont think hes doing a great job either,as a figurehead for the club great ,but his failure to address our obvious problems concern me and his pragmatic style is reflected in the sterile football we are seeing ,so all in all hes not won me over but if he completes the job great i just dont think he will
I suggest you wait and see what the Jan transfer window brings. I'm not sure what you mean by "sterile football" as we are picking up points and sit in a playoff place.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:47 am

I think it will be incredibly difficult to attract the quality Centre back we all want, the best we can hope for is another loan signing from a higher League Club or alternatively a player who is currently not good enough to get in his first team . My only gripe is that after two years of the current Manager's reign we appear to unable to progress any home grown players from our Youth setup...it doesn't say a lot about either the current coaching set up up or the Club's recruitment team.
Last edited by diablo on Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Costastag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:47 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I suggest you wait and see what the Jan transfer window brings. I'm not sure what you mean by "sterile football" as we are picking up points and sit in a playoff place.

Well thats what ive said earlier its a big window for us ,sterile football is one up front at home its an opinion nowt else
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:49 am

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Gills have signed Tom Nichols from Crawley. I'm sure we looked at him in the summer didn't we?

there’s never a wing back in him move on
Who would you like us to sign ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a quality left sided CB & right wing back maybe :roll:

have you been living on Mars ?

& no more midfielders
WHO would you like to sign, was the question.

Names, Yorkshire stag, names !

Give me the full time job of Clough Snr & i’ll tell you, what a job he’s got !, it’s positions we need to get right first step, actual square pegs for square holes, it’s Cloughs brothers job to find the names, & for once get it right !
without wanting to sound like a broken record as many others have also stated a quality left sided CB plus a right back as an absolute minimum, in fact i’d go for two CBs if he persists in playing this three at the back system.
Our aim was promotion, this squad is far from it, unless we address the defence, “we” meaning Clough, otherwise he’s failed & will i believe walk away in the summer.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:58 am

A County fan mentioned to me last night that Jimmy Knowles is going to County in January, obviously hearsay, but sounded sure.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

If only you got behind Clough as much you did Coughlan
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:22 pm

Clough spoke of 3 in 3 out ?

Can see Pym in, DJ out
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:24 pm

I can only post what i think not what somebody wants me to think
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:15 pm

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Well thats what ive said earlier its a big window for us ,sterile football is one up front at home its an opinion nowt else
Sterile means unable to produce anything. Fact is our brand of football has produce goals and put points on the board. Not enough I agree, but we are producing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:41 pm

Its all relative though we cant beat a good team ,we cant really keep a clean sheet ,weve got more players that are past there best than young uns coming in ,we have not got a recognised centre half ,we sent a goalscorer out on loan without replacing him need i go on or am i being critical ,perhaps honest
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:10 pm

Costastag wrote:Its all relative though we cant beat a good team ,we cant really keep a clean sheet ,weve got more players that are past there best than young uns coming in ,we have not got a recognised centre half ,we sent a goalscorer out on loan without replacing him need i go on or am i being critical ,perhaps honest
oh for goodness sake, you win we are rubbish :roll:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:Its all relative though we cant beat a good team ,we cant really keep a clean sheet ,weve got more players that are past there best than young uns coming in ,we have not got a recognised centre half ,we sent a goalscorer out on loan without replacing him need i go on or am i being critical ,perhaps honest

I dont want to win but if i post what i think you criticise ,or some call it as moaning anyway if you feel its too much dont worry it dont bother me in fact try and be constructive and post your positives list
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:19 pm

The One wrote:Clough spoke of 3 in 3 out ?

Can see Pym in, DJ out

Pym in permanently could be a very good thing. Frees up a loan spot. We might be able to get a young player in on loan from a premiership team. Could be cheap wages. We gave Bishop a full season maybe Man Utd have a load CB or LWB we can have for cheap.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BenJwells » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Zak Jules apparently allowed to leave MK dons, I think he went on loan to Fleetwood las season
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:01 pm

Anyone else hearing these rumours of Lapslie leaving to either Derby or Luton?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby BenJwells » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:27 pm

Stoney wrote:Anyone else hearing these rumours of Lapslie leaving to either Derby or Luton?

Not good enough for Luton and wouldn't get in Derbys team
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:32 pm

BenJwells wrote:
Stoney wrote:Anyone else hearing these rumours of Lapslie leaving to either Derby or Luton?

Not good enough for Luton and wouldn't get in Derbys team

Big step up for derby, massive one for Luton. Get him a new contract signed up
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:34 pm

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Costastag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I dont want to win but if i post what i think you criticise ,or some call it as moaning anyway if you feel its too much dont worry it dont bother me in fact try and be constructive and post your positives list
Good second half from the lads tonight. Have you any positives to post after tonight's away win ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:36 pm

Must be joking, he will be still dancing around his living room celebrating Hartlepool scoring so he can be right again lol
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Young021 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:53 pm

Unless we are giving laps to derby for free I can’t see that being true. I’m sure they can not sign anyone for a fee due to when they nearly went bust.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:24 pm

Hope it's a load of rubbish then! I'm really hoping he signs a new contract, I'm sure one will have been offered to him months ago. He's about to enter the last 6 months of his current contract so we will only get pennies for him. He's worth so much to this team as he showed tonight!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:40 pm

Won’t come as a huge shock, but Walsall fan I chat to has heard that Johnson will be coming back to Mansfield in Jan to be sold, and is not hopeful that will be Walsall.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:58 pm

Let's offer Danny Johnson to Harrogate in a swap deal for Luke Armstrong. He used to play for Hartlepool up front with Rhys Oates. Danny Johnson comes from Middlesbrough so Harrogate would suit him fine.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum