{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfer Window

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:17 pm

The One wrote:Last I read he is injured

Charlie Kirk and Diallang Jaiyesimi could be movers before the trading cut-off next week

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/right-to ... dline-day/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:54 pm

In Clough’s latest interview he said we got 6 figures from Gillingham for Hawkins and Lapslie and have spent about half that on Johnson and Kilgour and so there is money available to spend.
£100k+ from Gillingham is pretty good business!
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:02 pm

bmthstag wrote:In Clough’s latest interview he said we got 6 figures from Gillingham for Hawkins and Lapslie and have spent about half that on Johnson and Kilgour and so there is money available to spend.

Add Read to that
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:08 pm

bmthstag wrote:In Clough’s latest interview he said we got 6 figures from Gillingham for Hawkins and Lapslie and have spent about half that on Johnson and Kilgour and so there is money available to spend.

He also said we’ve had an inquiry for O’Toole… which seems very surprising to me. Would be a massive bonus if we could get his big wage off the books and replace him with an upgrade. Whoever has inquired about O’Toole needs their head testing :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Haven't read it mentioned on here, but my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be - in Clough's interview on BBC Nottingham he said that maybe 1 or 2 in and out in the next 48 hours and that there were enquiries for Gordon and O'Toole, they wanted game time that they weren't going to get with us with the injuries clearing.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

He also said we’ve had an inquiry for O’Toole… which seems very surprising to me. Would be a massive bonus if we could get his big wage off the books and replace him with an upgrade. Whoever has inquired about O’Toole needs their head testing :lol:

O'Toole is a good footballer but if he's played at CB he needs pace alongside him. I think he's a much better defensive midfielder and would be a good loan signing for someone like Dale.. Clough also mentioned we've had an enquiry for Gordon.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Hartlepool.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:02 pm

I wouldn’t be any rush to move Gordon on at this stage. Granted we have a new first choice right back now and he will find himself out of the side, but he’s decent as back up if needed.

If we can move JJ on and replace him with another defender, preferably left sided, then that would be a good move.

I’d be inclined to sign an attacking midfielder as well. Reed is a good replacement for Hartigan but we haven’t replaced Lapslie. We pick up injuries in midfield pretty often which means we need to shuffle the pack so one more would be useful.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:04 pm

Dan wrote:Hartlepool.

Makes sense, he'd be a very good signing for them. Maybe when they asked about Johnson we said no he doesn't want to go to you but how about JJ? I'm going with that happened Dan :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Agreed. Really liked Joe Sbarra whenever I’ve seen him, gets plenty of goals and assists and is fantastic on the ball. Think Clough brought him through into the first team at Burton as well
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:58 pm

BH_Stag wrote:I wouldn’t be any rush to move Gordon on at this stage. Granted we have a new first choice right back now and he will find himself out of the side, but he’s decent as back up if needed.

If we can move JJ on and replace him with another defender, preferably left sided, then that would be a good move.

I’d be inclined to sign an attacking midfielder as well. Reed is a good replacement for Hartigan but we haven’t replaced Lapslie. We pick up injuries in midfield pretty often which means we need to shuffle the pack so one more would be useful.
I'd be delighted if Gordon moved on in this transfer window.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:19 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:I wouldn’t be any rush to move Gordon on at this stage. Granted we have a new first choice right back now and he will find himself out of the side, but he’s decent as back up if needed.

I'd be delighted if Gordon moved on in this transfer window.

In the summer for me, by all means.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Davis Keillor Dunn hasn’t been playing much at all for Burton in the last few months. He’s even been an unused sun some weeks. I think he’d be a great signing for us. He can play as an attacking midfielder, on the left or as a striker. Despite his lack of game time this season he’s still scored 5 league goals for Burton. Last season he scored 15 for a very poor Oldham side. I think he’d be a perfect Lapslie replacement - he’s a natural finisher.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:58 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Davis Keillor Dunn hasn’t been playing much at all for Burton in the last few months. He’s even been an unused sun some weeks. I think he’d be a great signing for us. He can play as an attacking midfielder, on the left or as a striker. Despite his lack of game time this season he’s still scored 5 league goals for Burton. Last season he scored 15 for a very poor Oldham side. I think he’d be a perfect Lapslie replacement - he’s a natural finisher.

time will tell, not long to wait now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:45 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Davis Keillor Dunn hasn’t been playing much at all for Burton in the last few months. He’s even been an unused sun some weeks. I think he’d be a great signing for us. He can play as an attacking midfielder, on the left or as a striker. Despite his lack of game time this season he’s still scored 5 league goals for Burton. Last season he scored 15 for a very poor Oldham side. I think he’d be a perfect Lapslie replacement - he’s a natural finisher.

Come on Yorkie lad Tick Tock Time ;) The final count down :)

Tick Tock , Tick Tock , Tick Tock , Tick Tock :)

Close that window and shut the door on the way out ;) :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:57 pm

When Dannny Johnson goes this window then Detlef Esapa Osong , forward at Nottingham Forest Academy would be a good loan signing. He’s strong and powerful and basically built like a brick Outhouse .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Scothie the Stag » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:24 pm

MOTG wrote:When Dannny Johnson goes this window then Detlef Esapa Osong , forward at Nottingham Forest Academy would be a good loan signing. He’s strong and powerful and basically built like a brick Outhouse .

I might be wrong, but isn't there a rule that you can have a maximum of 2 players on loan from any one club?
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:15 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:
MOTG wrote:When Dannny Johnson goes this window then Detlef Esapa Osong , forward at Nottingham Forest Academy would be a good loan signing. He’s strong and powerful and basically built like a brick Outhouse .

I might be wrong, but isn't there a rule that you can have a maximum of 2 players on loan from any one club?

yes but we could sign Swan permanently
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:20 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Come on Yorkie lad Tick Tock Time ;) The final count down :)

Tick Tock , Tick Tock , Tick Tock , Tick Tock :)

Close that window and shut the door on the way out ;) :lol:

All in hand youth, this time tomorrow ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:34 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:

No, you can sign 4 but only 2 can be over 23.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:36 pm

I've heard rumours today that Simon Clough has been up in Edinburgh a few times recently, watching Harry McKirdy in his cameo appearances. McKirdy unhappy with how his move to Scotland has panned out.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Scothie the Stag » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:

No, you can sign 4 but only 2 can be over 23.

Fair enough, cheers!
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Young021 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:44 pm

Ridge wrote:I've heard rumours today that Simon Clough has been up in Edinburgh a few times recently, watching Harry McKirdy in his cameo appearances. McKirdy unhappy with how his move to Scotland has panned out.

Can’t play for more than 2 clubs in a season so that’s just not genna happen this window
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:09 am

Young021 wrote:
Ridge wrote:I've heard rumours today that Simon Clough has been up in Edinburgh a few times recently, watching Harry McKirdy in his cameo appearances. McKirdy unhappy with how his move to Scotland has panned out.

Can’t play for more than 2 clubs in a season so that’s just not genna happen this window

Would that rule still apply if one of the three teams is in Scotland?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 am

Think that would just be international clearance wouldn’t it?
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum