{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Colchester scorerfred sponsored by day late

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Colchester scorerfred sponsored by day late

Postby robeyre » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:20 pm

jpstags wrote:I've been a supporter for over 45+ years and never wavered. The abuse and bitching on here of Akins has annoyed me so much that I have recently stopped attending games and rarely post on here.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Thanks
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Get in. Not pretty but 3 points was all that mattered today.

Really pleased for Akins. The booing and sarcasm when he’s on the pitch from our own fans does my head in.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:25 pm

A good result from a poor performance. We need reinforcements and we need to be quick about it. We look like a team clinging on to the top half of the table as we slowly fall apart.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NEStag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:25 pm

No need for ever booing your own player whether coming on or otherwise. Everyone is entitled to a view as to whether someone should be picked or how well they have played, and this forum is a good place for doing that, but not when the player is on the pitch. Very pleased for Lucas and for the win.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny H » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Vital Goal
Big Win
Pleased for Akins....
Pleased Cloughie picked that team.....but Why Oates out wide ?
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm

jpstags wrote:I've been a supporter for over 45+ years and never wavered. The abuse and bitching on here of Akins has annoyed me so much that I have recently stopped attending games and rarely post on here.

Tbh if the posts on here upset you so much that you stopped going think you need a reeboot ,its a fans forum every one fan thinks differently its why its entertaining
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:31 pm

A much needed and probably deserved win.

It would have been a totally different game had the penalty been given and player sent off after 6 minutes. We did eventually recover but it gave Colchester a proper boost especially as it was followed by the goal. I thought they were better than their position suggests and were certainly dangerous on the break.

The lineup with a back four looked much improved and solid with Hewitt and Macca getting forward well. Oates showed glimpses of his best and it won’t be long until he gets on the score sheet. Swan had a good game and took his goal superbly. All players contributed and no one had a poor game.

A special mention for Lucas Akins who got stuck in as soon as he entered the pitch. He took no time at all to acclimatise to the pace of the game and showed what he can do if played in the right place.

The match officials were extremely poor especially the referee who clearly wasn’t a homer.

We now need to build on this result and get behind both the manager and the team.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm

A bit much, no?

Footballers get criticised when they play poorly. Akins has played poorly, for a while. As always, a minority of idiots take it over the top (booing, etc).

This is a fans forum, criticism is part of discussions.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:35 pm

I have never agreed with booing full stop.

Maybe it was because Swan didn't deserve to come off but the substitution paid off, surprisingly.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:35 pm

Costastag wrote:

Tbh if the posts on here upset you so much that you stopped going think you need a reeboot ,its a fans forum every one fan thinks differently its why its entertaining

The abuse is at the games, bitching is on here.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wink68 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:41 pm

Maybe I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, but waiting till the 90th minute to play two up front and creating two clear cut chances, the 2nd resulting in the winner does not disguise the fact that that was boring, negative, awful football. So scared of losing to 3rd from bottom we created bugger all. We've been making do without some of our best players for weeks, we finally get a full squad to pick from, put out the 11 that most of us would say is just about our best and then play such a negative formation. To have Oates running up and down marking their left winger for 70 minute hitting 50 yard balls forward to no one, then sticking him up front when he's knackered was criminal. And don't get me started on bringing 11 back for every set piece. If we do that next week away to a good side fair enough, but today against a pretty awful side nearly cost us 2pts. Adam Murray lost his job for being so negative. You have good attacking players Nigel, please give them an attacking attitude.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 pm

Akins owed us that after recent performances.
And no I didn't boo him.
Colchester were the better side ,2nd half and will feel disappointed they couldn't hold on
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 pm

Great three points, a much needed win.

It was a hard watch at times, the ball was out of play so often. Think Oates started the game out wide well but would’ve moved him centrally sooner. Didn’t like Swan coming off for Akins, not because Akins was coming on but because Swan was coming off and we needed a goal, but it all turned out well in the end and Akins could’ve scored just before his header too.

Hopefully that breeds a bit of confidence for a tough game next weekend.

Thought Maris was excellent, particularly in the first half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:47 pm

Massive credit to George Maris by the way.

In a game where Laps and Boateng struggled to get into the game Maris was absolutely superb in everything he did.

Passing, tackling, work rate all brilliant.

He deserved to win the game on his own.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:50 pm

wink68 wrote:Maybe I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, but waiting till the 90th minute to play two up front and creating two clear cut chances, the 2nd resulting in the winner does not disguise the fact that that was boring, negative, awful football. So scared of losing to 3rd from bottom we created bugger all. We've been making do without some of our best players for weeks, we finally get a full squad to pick from, put out the 11 that most of us would say is just about our best and then play such a negative formation. To have Oates running up and down marking their left winger for 70 minute hitting 50 yard balls forward to no one, then sticking him up front when he's knackered was criminal. And don't get me started on bringing 11 back for every set piece. If we do that next week away to a good side fair enough, but today against a pretty awful side nearly cost us 2pts. Adam Murray lost his job for being so negative. You have good attacking players Nigel, please give them an attacking attitude.

They weren't an awful side by any stretch, no chance will they be anywhere near relegation if they keep playing like that. Agree with some of what you've said, hoping though that we can get confidence from this type of scrappy win.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Costastag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:53 pm

jpstags wrote:
Costastag wrote:

The abuse is at the games, bitching is on here.

Its a fans forum bitching happens
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:55 pm

Its a great 3 points ,but it werent perfect lets move on
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:59 pm

Tomwh wrote:

A bit much, no?

Footballers get criticised when they play poorly. Akins has played poorly, for a while. As always, a minority of idiots take it over the top (booing, etc).

Theres a world of difference between supporting a team and hating a player. If you boo a player coming onto the pitch you’re not a fan however much you think you are
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:01 pm

Got to admit that was a hard watch today, never really got going and the less said about the ref the better defo pen and red card in the first 5 minutes. Swan and Oates need to play together more as a pair, there is something about Swan I hope we can get him for next season as well.
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFC Man » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Thought we were very good in the first half and on another day we could have been 3-0 up but we didn’t have the ref on our side and we didn’t take our chances as clinically as would be hoped. In the second half it was tough, Colchester were in our faces and made it hard for us to release people in space however we still went and got the winner which for me makes it a brilliant, hard fought win.
MTFC Man
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm

wink68 wrote:Maybe I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, but waiting till the 90th minute to play two up front and creating two clear cut chances, the 2nd resulting in the winner does not disguise the fact that that was boring, negative, awful football. So scared of losing to 3rd from bottom we created bugger all. We've been making do without some of our best players for weeks, we finally get a full squad to pick from, put out the 11 that most of us would say is just about our best and then play such a negative formation. To have Oates running up and down marking their left winger for 70 minute hitting 50 yard balls forward to no one, then sticking him up front when he's knackered was criminal. And don't get me started on bringing 11 back for every set piece. If we do that next week away to a good side fair enough, but today against a pretty awful side nearly cost us 2pts. Adam Murray lost his job for being so negative. You have good attacking players Nigel, please give them an attacking attitude.

Absolutely this.

Winning this game does not disguise the fact we were garbage for most of the game.

I was really pleased Akins bagged the winner though, booing your own players onto the pitch is piss poor.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm

spot on, to play Oates out wide was just plain bonkers, our midfield was just bypassed for most of the game, 3 very much needed points, have to say that was the best starting 11 today, however wrong positions

pleased for Lucas a much needed goal
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:12 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Tomwh wrote:

A bit much, no?

Theres a world of difference between supporting a team and hating a player. If you boo a player coming onto the pitch you’re not a fan however much you think you are

Like I said, a minority of idiots. I think not coming to games because of a few idiots booing is a bit odd. Booing players is weirder though, that's for sure.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:13 pm

broomo wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Pleased for akins..

However....

FAO Martin. Calling fans a disgrace when swan was subbed is not fair. Swan has been busy, and going for a win taking striker off isn't a good look. It paid off this time, that is why there were boos.

FAo Dean... uncessary stick? Don't call out fans for giving akins stick. He's been awful and shoehorned in for weeks. We have been rewarded this week, but that doesn't excuse why he gets stick in the first place

You don't boo your own player coming on, ever.

Martin and Dean were both spot on and justified.

Been a long time since I've been so pleased and so relieved for a player getting the winner.

Scrappy frustrating game, two absolute peaches of a cross and 2 good headers.

Much needed.

Broomo, everyone is entitled to their opinion and boing is an acceptable way of showing displeasure. Akins due to his abject performances of late has not got to work to turn those boos around. Today has proved he can though he has awful amount of poor performances to atone for before people rise to applaud him coming on.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:17 pm

I find this very hard to believe. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum