{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Everton U21 score thread sponsored by Who is going?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Everton U21 score thread sponsored by Who is going?

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:05 pm

Bowery is going in January ..he knows it so it’s just a case of seeing things out.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:07 pm

Yorkstag,couldn't care less what you think about me, but that second half was abysmal and so was the defending.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Bowery is going in January ..he knows it so it’s just a case of seeing things out.

Do you actually know this or summising it from his performances?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Bowery is going in January ..he knows it so it’s just a case of seeing things out.

Would much rather it be Akins, been at best a 4/10 in the 6 positions he's played in.

This squad is so unbalanced, not sure what Clough's obsession is with having players out of position either. Look forward to the 3 CMS we'll sign in January.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 pm

Old football team does badly late in match shock.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:11 pm

Uhmm, another loss this is not good for confidence.

Another game where we fail to score more than one, no doubt the emphasis being don't concede keep a clean sheet.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:17 pm

If we’re only ever going to play here once we might as well give them an entirely typical Mansfield performance
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:18 pm

How can you keep a clean sheet playing Akins at right back? Why do we have to play so many players out of position. Its like the manager has a death wish.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby St Hilary Stag » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:23 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

Do you actually know this or summising it from his performances?

not only Bowery all Cloughs OAPs need moving on
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:27 pm

We have a slew of players that are not experienced professionals in the Indian summer of their careers, they are yesterdays men. The likes of Perch, O’toole and Akins are not a viable option for an ambitious club. Their legs have gone and their experience is not coming through, The last 15 mins showed how age in games leads to mental fatigue as well as tiredness.

My concern is that this rinse and repeat approach to fielding an unsettled side of a small squad beginning to cause concern. I can honestly see a month of disappointment in December and the same in January if Nigel and his brother do not act swiftly in January.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:32 pm

What could possibly go wrong with playing forwards in defence.

Maybe if we had defenders…. oh wait :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:33 pm

Not one of us on this message board would consistently perform so bad at work as Akins does and remain in employment let alone the best 11
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby St Hilary Stag » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:36 pm

Dp1976 wrote:Not one of us on this message board would consistently perform so bad at work as Akins does and remain in employment let alone the best 11

we have to many of cloughs old soldiers , that need moving on asap !
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 pm

It's not just the defenders, it's the whole side. We are not capable, as a team to defend a 1-0 lead, never have been able to under Clough.

Nigel is stuck in old ways, time for him to go and allow someone else to finish the job.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 pm

None of the usual back 3 played, if Perch and Otoole were playing week in week out I'd be concerned. Going forward I hope we go back to a 4,play Hewitt right back, sign a centre half to play with Harbottle and Macca at left back.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:42 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:We have a slew of players that are not experienced professionals in the Indian summer of their careers, they are yesterdays men. The likes of Perch, O’toole and Akins are not a viable option for an ambitious club. Their legs have gone and their experience is not coming through, The last 15 mins showed how age in games leads to mental fatigue as well as tiredness.

My concern is that this rinse and repeat approach to fielding an unsettled side of a small squad beginning to cause concern. I can honestly see a month of disappointment in December and the same in January if Nigel and his brother do not act swiftly in January.

Spot on. Desperately need at least one solid centre half, and some players with pace in January. However as you have alluded to, and going off of all Clough's comments to date, I can see a frustrating few months ahead.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:46 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:None of the usual back 3 played, if Perch and Otoole were playing week in week out I'd be concerned. Going forward I hope we go back to a 4,play Hewitt right back, sign a centre half to play with Harbottle and Macca at left back.

Yep, definitely need a CB. We cannot be depending on O’toole and Perch, simple
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:03 pm

The Stags could have been 4-0 up at half time. Did not play well in the 2nd half after George Maris had gone off. Sat back near the end and invited pressure and conceded two late goals. Just like Sheff Wed all over again.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:16 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Stags could have been 4-0 up at half time. Did not play well in the 2nd half after George Maris had gone off. Sat back near the end and invited pressure and conceded two late goals. Just like Sheff Wed all over again.

Being honest I am bored of hearing this. We never take our chances when on top and then go into melt down.

Far too many players have let us down this season but when you put all your eggs in the OAP basket what do you expect.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:37 pm

"every little thing is going against us" LMAO I love Cloughy hahaha
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:42 pm

Now we can concentrate on winning the league and promotion as champions. Nigel will be proved to be a great manager.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tomwh » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 pm

Struggle to listen to some of Clough's interviews of late, just feels like he's so close to identifying the problem but can't quite get there.

Mentioned the subs didn't do anything - half of them were out of position, one of them was Akins who plays 90 minutes, inexplicably, every week.

Also talked about our inability to keep clean sheets, but seems to be happy with our squad as it is, no more centre halves needed. Odd.
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:14 pm

The only way any of this makes any sense is if Clough knows all of this too but is keeping his cards close to his chest, either for team cohesion or not to alert the market that he's after a centre half, or both. If you can guarantee Harbottle, Hawkins, Hawkins, Macca and Gordon starting every week then he has a point, however you can't - a couple of months ago I agreed with him that we didn't need another centre back having 5 of them in the squad but O'Toole has gone downhill quicker than anyone can have imagined he would and I don't think Perch either can now be considered a starter in any way shape or form, so instead of 4 or 5 trusted centre halves that we saw out the transfer window with we're now down to 3 trusted centre halves as neither of them are starters now, in my opinion. So we're in trouble if any of those 5 don't start, which is happening more regularly.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:15 pm

yorkstag wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Usual crap defending from Perch and Co.

you are the most depressing individual - you only post when things go wrong

vv sad

He posts a lot then
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:23 pm

Correct, and I've seen plenty go wrong in the 21 league and Cup games I've attended this season.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum