{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Harrogate score Fred sponsored by Betty’s tea rooms

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Harrogate score Fred sponsored by Betty’s tea rooms

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Question for Broomo

Do you still think these so called centre halves are good enough?

You gave me ridicule since August when I predicted this type of play would rip our defence to pieces and yet here we are with yet another example of it happening. These three are Clough’s preferred options at centre back and you insisted they would be fine whilst taunting that Clough was a far better judge than the few of us who could see what was coming.

Are you big enough to admit that this squad is simply not good or big enough or are you going to try and defend this shambles?

I didn't ridicule you at all. I disagreed with you. Talk about hyperbole.

The defense was awful today. All of them, but especially O'Toole and Bowery had a stinking first half.

None of them were good enough individually and collectively we were a shambles.

Maris and Hartigan both poor. Akins woeful. Boateng wasn't as bad as the rest but even he wasn't great.

Hewitt was probably the pick of the subs and Swan did o.k, Paige steady but not great. Good to see Oates back.

In amidst the stinker Hawkins, Quinn, Swan and Akins could and probably should have scored but it would have papered over a calamitous first half defensively.

Something has to change. If folk want that to be the manager it's stupid for me to argue against that.

I hope that's "big" enough for you.

It's all the players fault, so predictable, so utterly discredited. One day you'll wake up and realise how much garbage you spouted about this squad.

Hang about?

fgs even when I'm critical it's not critical enough?

This place and certain posters on it at times are ridiculous.

EVERYTHING about today was poor. Selection, starting 11, formation and performance.

I don't know why the 11 who started, started but I do know a lot of the criticism of today is warranted.

It's flipping ridiculous how much some of you care about me not wanting to throw ANYONE under the bus.

Do you honestly disagree with Bowery and O'Toole having a stinking 45 minutes or is it just because I posted it?

Bowery and JJ were an embarrassment to the club in that first half but why is Nige playing JJ after the disaster he had against Swindon?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:52 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Look at the bottom 7 of the league, and look at our points collected recently. Pathetic.

The form is dismal.

One ford for you Nigel:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Grow up
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:52 pm

broomo wrote:

You gave me ridicule since August when I predicted this type of play would rip our defence to pieces and yet here we are with yet another example of it happening. These three are Clough’s preferred options at centre back and you insisted they would be fine whilst taunting that Clough was a far better judge than the few of us who could see what was coming.

Are you big enough to admit that this squad is simply not good or big enough or are you going to try and defend this shambles?

The defense was awful today. All of them, but especially O'Toole and Bowery had a stinking first half.

Maris and Hartigan both poor. Akins woeful. Boateng wasn't as bad as the rest but even he wasn't great.

Hewitt was probably the pick of the subs and Swan did o.k, Paige steady but not great. Good to see Oates back.

In amidst the stinker Hawkins, Quinn, Swan and Akins could and probably should have scored but it would have papered over a calamitous first half defensively.

Something has to change. If folk want that to be the manager it's stupid for me to argue against that.

No it’s not.

If you think you didn’t ridicule me, I suggest you read some of your comments back.

It’s pointless going on but can I just point out that some supporters obviously know league 2 and what is needed better than Nigel. I don’t think I listed Harrogate as one of the teams that had fast players to rip our defence to shreds so I obviously didn’t see this one coming but I think the general principle has proven correct.

I’m actually not sure it’s the best time to swap the manager but he must have a good transfer window in January. Next week we have a free hit against Wednesday so let’s see if he takes the shackles off and plays personnel in their natural positions. As I see it, Nigel has about a month to get to grips with his team and put a bit of trust in players who can put a bit of life back into the team. If things haven’t improved I would give him the first week in January to show that he has recruits lined up to take us up this year. If they don’t come into the club quickly I would ensure that a new manager had at least two weeks of the window to try and perform a miracle.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:53 pm

I can’t actually read a post broomo posts without breaking into laughter :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:54 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:As big a pile of excrement as I've seen since Norhampton, away,last season.
We were that far off, that we weren't even second best all game.
We've now got a team( and I use that word loosely) that will struggle to hold a mid table place at best.
Paceless in every area of the pitch, too old in all the vital parts of the pitch, and lacking any sense of direction from the management.

It was shocking . You must be delighted
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:55 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

It's all the players fault, so predictable, so utterly discredited. One day you'll wake up and realise how much garbage you spouted about this squad.

Hang about?

EVERYTHING about today was poor. Selection, starting 11, formation and performance.

I don't know why the 11 who started, started but I do know a lot of the criticism of today is warranted.

It's flipping ridiculous how much some of you care about me not wanting to throw ANYONE under the bus.

Do you honestly disagree with Bowery and O'Toole having a stinking 45 minutes or is it just because I posted it?

Bowery and JJ were an embarrassment to the club in that first half but why is Nige playing JJ after the disaster he had against Swindon?

I don't know. I suspect there will be a reason but it doesn't really matter. 3-0 at half time with piss poor defending shows it was the wrong decision.

His booking was very harsh.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:58 pm

adamstag wrote:I can’t actually read a post broomo posts without breaking into laughter :lol:

I don't care.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:59 pm

broomo wrote:
adamstag wrote:I can’t actually read a post broomo posts without breaking into laughter :lol:

I don't care.

Nor do we, please feel free to post elsewhere
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:59 pm

broomo wrote:

I don't care.

Beep
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:01 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
broomo wrote:

No it’s not.

If you think you didn’t ridicule me, I suggest you read some of your comments back.

It’s pointless going on but can I just point out that some supporters obviously know league 2 and what is needed better than Nigel. I don’t think I listed Harrogate as one of the teams that had fast players to rip our defence to shreds so I obviously didn’t see this one coming but I think the general principle has proven correct.

I’m actually not sure it’s the best time to swap the manager but he must have a good transfer window in January. Next week we have a free hit against Wednesday so let’s see if he takes the shackles off and plays personnel in their natural positions. As I see it, Nigel has about a month to get to grips with his team and put a bit of trust in players who can put a bit of life back into the team. If things haven’t improved I would give him the first week in January to show that he has recruits lined up to take us up this year. If they don’t come into the club quickly I would ensure that a new manager had at least two weeks of the window to try and perform a miracle.

The fact you think Darren and Mansfield Musings have more knowledge than an actual manager is bordering on silly and that's not having a go at the 2 lads themselves who ARE very knowledgeable.

Honestly I'm starting to want him out of the club as well, just for different reasons.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:02 pm

adamstag wrote:
broomo wrote:

I don't care.

Football related much?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:04 pm

adamstag wrote:
broomo wrote:

I don't care.

Why the edit?

Why turn another thread into a group of you having a go at me?

The gang mentality of this place is the biggest joke going.

We lost a game, maybe concentrate on that eh?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:08 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

Hang about?

You repeatedly said our squad was fine, that we had cover for every position and ridiculed those of us who had been saying all summer the squad was too small, that we had no cover in key areas and that we desperately needed new centre backs. You were wrong then as you are wrong now, it is 100% the fault of Clough and his assistants that we put out that team today. That was a bottom 2 performance and was an embarrassment to our club. I'm patient with managers but its running out with Clough, the same mistakes over and over again are being made.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Frustrating day. I don't think we'll ever beat Harrogate...

Did we turn up today thinking we'd turn these over easily with their league position? Their 3 goals seemed so bloody easy just cutting through our defence. Second half could have been different if Maris scored what seemed like an open net but we're stumbling like we did last October/November.

Watch us go and play Wednesday off the park next weekend :lol:

Its never easy being a stag! We go again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:12 pm

broomo wrote:

No it’s not.

I'm fairly confident I won't have ridiculed you. If you want to quote post some of my replies to prove me wrong, feel free.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Bowery was even poorer than usual, he’s ineffective in RWB, RW and CF, best played in a front three. He normally works hard and definite confidence player, hope the return of Oates brings him back up a bit.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:

Hang about?

You repeatedly said our squad was fine, that we had cover for every position and ridiculed those of us who had been saying all summer the squad was too small, that we had no cover in key areas and that we desperately needed new centre backs. You were wrong then as you are wrong now, it is 100% the fault of Clough and his assistants that we put out that team today. That was a bottom 2 performance and was an embarrassment to our club. I'm patient with managers but its running out with Clough, the same mistakes over and over again are being made.

In what world is disagreeing with someone ridiculing them?

The standards you lot set for me v other posters is unreal.

I was wrong about Murphy, looks like I was wrong about Lucas and I might be wrong about the centre halfs and the squad being good enough.

After todays performance it certainly looks like the central defence is our weak link.

He signed or renewed all of them so it's his overall responsibility and he will live or die by results.

Remember the cries for him to be fired in October last year?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:21 pm

today, I had the misfortune to travel up to Harrogate, and went in the home end, to listen to their fans laughing at how poor my team was, took some stomaching i can tell you, our defence today was completely static, to listen to the guy stood in front to me use the phrase “ This is like watching a hot knife cut through butter It’s so easy”. I was absolutely ashamed nothing worked front to back, I have tried my best up to this point to not single out Lucas Atkins, however, he lost the ball both times in the middle of the park which led on to 2 of their goals, yes, the players were pathetic today however, the blame lies at the foot of the manager. Nigel Clough if that’s your best you have, then, sadly it isn’t good enough.
Harrogate didn’t bully us or boot hoof in the air. They actually played good football pressing and won second balls,today I was embarrassed to be a stags fan.
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:23 pm

PostmanPat wrote:Can’t wait to hear you Nigel, try defend that shambles

Don’t hold your breath ,when Steve interview him and is not allowed to ask searching questions
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Akins upfront has all the attacking prowess of a dead sloth
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:43 pm

broomo wrote:
broomo wrote:

No it’s not.

The fact you think Darren and Mansfield Musings have more knowledge than an actual manager is bordering on silly and that's not having a go at the 2 lads themselves who ARE very knowledgeable.

Honestly I'm starting to want him out of the club as well, just for different reasons.

We were talking about knowledge of league 2 not running a football club. The fact you can’t see the difference doesn’t surprise me. Like Nigel you have very little respect for this league and think that mediocre should walk it. Once more you resort to calling me silly yet facts show you to be totally devoid of the knowledge of what is needed. I think you are the silly one who actually knows very little about our club or the league we play in. Now tell me what was wrong with my comments about the shortcomings of our team and don’t forget it is supposed to be achieving automatic promotion not just scraping into the playoffs if we are very lucky.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:50 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:52 pm

broomo wrote:
broomo wrote:

No it’s not.

We were talking about knowledge of league 2 not running a football club. The fact you can’t see the difference doesn’t surprise me. Like Nigel you have very little respect for this league and think that mediocre should walk it. Once more you resort to calling me silly yet facts show you to be totally devoid of the knowledge of what is needed. I think you are the silly one who actually knows very little about our club or the league we play in. Now tell me what was wrong with my comments about the shortcomings of our team and don’t forget it is supposed to be achieving automatic promotion not just scraping into the playoffs if we are very lucky.

Stop ridiculing me ;)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:02 pm

So the takeaway message Nigel is that we are good in midfield, but can't defend or score

...uuummm! Nobody ever predicted that!
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:33 pm

Waggy wrote:So the takeaway message Nigel is that we are good in midfield, but can't defend or score

...uuummm! Nobody ever predicted that!

And who is to blame for that.

Nigel, nigel and nigel.

3 transfer windows, and here we are, don’t want him gone but it’s madness we’re here in this situation

It’s called transfer negligence.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum