{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Should we extend Clough’s contract

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Should we extend Clough’s contract

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:I’d i were radford i’d certainly be questioning clough on his transfer dealings/windows as they’ve been astonishingly bad bordering the negligent.

However, all you’ve got to do is to look at his 2 predecessors in the management hot seat and any talk of getting rid of him becomes a folly.

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion.

He’s still got my support and had plenty of credit in the bank, but needs to arrest the home performances quickly. Poor home form, no matter what you’re doing away from home, will turn a crowd.

To say we should give him a new contract because the two previous managers weren’t up to it is a ridiculous argument though.

As it stands we’ve got more points than we had last season, so he’s in credit as he stands, like you id be expecting us to push on from last season.

in regards to whether we should give him a new contract because of his predecessors sadly you’ve completely misinterpreted a point. The point being is that if such a discussion was had upstairs (which i really can’t see there would be) you’d be looking at what better alternatives are out there and what chopping and changing managers every season has achieved and the answer to both would be not a lot.

However, a lot of the problems which clough is complaining about is largely null and void as he’s responsible for it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:46 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:I’d i were radford i’d certainly be questioning clough on his transfer dealings/windows as they’ve been astonishingly bad bordering the negligent.

However, all you’ve got to do is to look at his 2 predecessors in the management hot seat and any talk of getting rid of him becomes a folly.

He’s still got my support and had plenty of credit in the bank, but needs to arrest the home performances quickly. Poor home form, no matter what you’re doing away from home, will turn a crowd.

To say we should give him a new contract because the two previous managers weren’t up to it is a ridiculous argument though.

As it stands we’ve got more points than we had last season, so he’s in credit as he stands, like you id be expecting us to push on from last season.

in regards to whether we should give him a new contract because of his predecessors sadly you’ve completely misinterpreted a point. The point being is that if such a discussion was had upstairs (which i really can’t see there would be) you’d be looking at what better alternatives are out there and what chopping and changing managers every season has achieved and the answer to both would be not a lot.

However, a lot of the problems which clough is complaining about is largely null and void as he’s responsible for it.

No your point is exactly as I understood it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

No your point is exactly as I understood it.

then you misunderstood it :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 pm

‘All you’ve got to do is look at his two predecessors in the management hot seat and any talk of getting rid of him becomes a folly’

That to me says we’d be foolish to think about getting rid of him because the previous two managers didn’t do very well. What have I misunderstood?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:‘All you’ve got to do is look at his two predecessors in the management hot seat and any talk of getting rid of him becomes a folly’

That to me says we’d be foolish to think about getting rid of him because the previous two managers didn’t do very well. What have I misunderstood?

Yes, any talk of getting rid of him at present is a folly, especially when you look at what we’ve had previously.Where’s the part where i said anything about him getting a new contract? as said you misinterpreted, again. :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 pm

He’s here till the end of the season JR is to loyal to his managers to bin him now, he’s got the January transfer window to actually sign defenders & a proper striker

so let’s see what he’s got
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:He’s here till the end of the season JR is to loyal to his managers to bin him now, he’s got the January transfer window to actually sign defenders & a proper striker

;) Can just see it again, last day tick tock for other deals to be done so we get our players :?: :?:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:20 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:‘All you’ve got to do is look at his two predecessors in the management hot seat and any talk of getting rid of him becomes a folly’

Yes, any talk of getting rid of him at present is a folly, especially when you look at what we’ve had previously.Where’s the part where i said anything about him getting a new contract? as said you misinterpreted, again. :lol:

At present! There’s the words you were missing that help my understanding, given this is a thread about extending his contract or not, not getting rid of him now :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:

At present! There’s the words you were missing that help my understanding, given this is a thread about extending his contract or not, not getting rid of him now :lol:

It wouldn’t need to be added for folk of any intellect to understand in the first place :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Christ :lol:

We’ll leave it there I think.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Suttonian wrote:
broomo wrote:I'm sure I'll feel better in a couple of weeks but right now I'm starting to not care if he renews or not and it's not down to the fact I think he's not up to the job.

I'm not enjoying the experience of coming on here anymore, the constant whiners currently have ammunition to slate him, but they've always done that and too many others turn too quickly.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of responses saying you lot aren't enjoying his management style either, so all in all maybe a fresh face and new manager would be best for fans all round. Proper and temporary.

So, you're saying that you think he's out of his depth?

This is where I repeat my post about me being careful about different posters having different intelligence levels.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:04 pm

broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
broomo wrote:I'm sure I'll feel better in a couple of weeks but right now I'm starting to not care if he renews or not and it's not down to the fact I think he's not up to the job.

I'm not enjoying the experience of coming on here anymore, the constant whiners currently have ammunition to slate him, but they've always done that and too many others turn too quickly.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of responses saying you lot aren't enjoying his management style either, so all in all maybe a fresh face and new manager would be best for fans all round. Proper and temporary.

This is where I repeat my post about me being careful about different posters having different intelligence levels.

Insulting others views and its only your views what count .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:37 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:He’s here till the end of the season JR is to loyal to his managers to bin him now, he’s got the January transfer window to actually sign defenders & a proper striker

;) Can just see it again, last day tick tock for other deals to be done so we get our players :?: :?:

:D you would miss it if i didn’t Yuff
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:45 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Ahh that old chestnut.

Absolute rubbish. I've not insulted anyone and other views are fine.

Or is it only others who can come back with a response and I should just stay quiet in case it upsets someone?

I asked Mark the question as his posts are often muddled, he replied honestly and without taking offence and his reply helps me understand his posting style better.

I made the comment again as there is no way anyone could have read (& understood) what I posted and think it means I think Nigel is out of his depth.

There is a range of intelligence levels as much as there is a range of ages on here. I am trying to remember (or even check) that before I respond too aggressively to someone who has difficulties or is a child.

Hope that clears things up.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:18 pm

This shouldn't even be a discussion yet. Get behind him and the lads until the end of the season and see where we are at.

I think we will come good again.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:46 pm

broomo wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Ahh that old chestnut.

Or is it only others who can come back with a response and I should just stay quiet in case it upsets someone?

I asked Mark the question as his posts are often muddled, he replied honestly and without taking offence and his reply helps me understand his posting style better.

I made the comment again as there is no way anyone could have read (& understood) what I posted and think it means I think Nigel is out of his depth.

There is a range of intelligence levels as much as there is a range of ages on here. I am trying to remember (or even check) that before I respond too aggressively to someone who has difficulties or is a child.

I was asking about the highlighted part of your post. You could have said you worded it wrong rather than going on about supposed intelligence levels ;)
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:14 pm

Suttonian wrote:
broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Ahh that old chestnut.

I was asking about the highlighted part of your post. You could have said you worded it wrong rather than going on about supposed intelligence levels ;)
[/quote]

For around 6 months, maybe more but that's when it started getting noticeable, you've taken every opportunity to have a dig at me, so I don't like you very much at all I'm afraid.

People then tell me I take things too personally, when I wish they would just tell the truth and say "look, it doesn't matter what you post, or even if you make a very good point, I don't like you, so I'm going to rubbish your views as blind loyalty to the manager of the team we both want to be successful"

It would make things a lot easier.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:34 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

4 games ago we were 15 points up on last season.
We are now 7 points ahead of last season.

We are about to enter the period of games where last season we won 8 on the spin. I'll be very (pleasantly) surprised if we are still ahead of the curve in 8 games time.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:09 pm

broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Ahh that old chestnut.

For around 6 months, maybe more but that's when it started getting noticeable, you've taken every opportunity to have a dig at me, so I don't like you very much at all I'm afraid.

People then tell me I take things too personally, when I wish they would just tell the truth and say "look, it doesn't matter what you post, or even if you make a very good point, I don't like you, so I'm going to rubbish your views as blind loyalty to the manager of the team we both want to be successful"

It would make things a lot easier.[/quote]

Click on the posts on my username and that is obviously not true, I've even been known to back you up.

From now on I'll try and lower my 'intelligence level' so I can speak to you as an equal. I'll also bear in mind that what you type in your posts when you're angry may be the opposite of what you actually mean, a good example is your original post...
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby diablo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:53 pm

broomo wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Ahh that old chestnut.

"There is a range of intelligence levels as much as there is a range of ages on here. I am trying to remember (or even check) that before I respond too aggressively to someone who has difficulties or is a child"

Jeez how sanctimonious is that ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:56 pm

i had to read it twice, i’m still taking in how condescending it reads tbh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:01 pm

Forget who he is and the reputation he came with and two years on it all looks very ordinary from an average manager. Jan transfer window a big one and then I would have thought he needs top seven again. Exactly what you would now expect this season of any manager.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag324 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:24 pm

I think some of you need to just get a room and stop with your petty squabbles and share some love
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:36 pm

stag324 wrote:I think some of you need to just get a room and stop with your petty squabbles and share some love

;) :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:02 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
stag324 wrote:I think some of you need to just get a room and stop with your petty squabbles and share some love

;) :lol:

This won't be happening.

Broomo says he doesn't like me anymore so I don't think he'd give me a light! :)
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum