{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonights Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tonights Games

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Tonights latest scores

Hartlepool 1 v Doncaster 1

Stevenage 2 v Sutton 0

Swindon 1 v Newport 0

Walsall 1 v Northampton 0
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Tonights Games

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Monkey Hangers 2 Donkeys 1
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:43 pm

Johnson doing us a favour.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:04 pm

Steve Evans has got Stevenage flying.

Irrespective of how he does it, results wise he’s a very effective manager at this level. Think they’re in it for the long haul
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:16 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Steve Evans has got Stevenage flying.

Irrespective of how he does it, results wise he’s a very effective manager at this level. Think they’re in it for the long haul

Will he see it through or will he be heading to China again?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:40 pm

Wait til January comes and he starts spouting off about how he needs more funds to sustain his promotion push.

Which he will do, it's a given.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:49 pm

wait until a league one job like Pompey or Charlton come available... he'd jump ship no doubt
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

wait until a league one job like Pompey or Charlton come available... he'd jump ship no doubt

or a side in china.

Orient and stevenage won’t last, they don’t concern me
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:55 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

or a side in china.

A brave call.

No team has ever had a better opening ten games than Leyton Orient. Both game managers who have been there and done it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:31 am

Anyone who went to Orient can tell you we were all over them in horrible hot weather.

Didn't look that great a side really, we just did usual Mansfield things and beat ourselves.

Missing a penalty inside a minute, the writing was on the wall.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

or a side in china.

A brave call.

No team has ever had a better opening ten games than Leyton Orient. Both game managers who have been there and done it.

Indeed.

I’m usually right so…

I’d have more faith in orient lasting that stevenage out of the 2.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Steve Evans and Dodgy are doing fantastic at Stevenage winning 13 out of 16 games in all competitions. Another good 3-0 win last night against Sutton with goals from a Dan Sweeney header from a free kick, Luke Norris following up Danny Rose's saved header and Luke Norris curling one in from outside the area from a Danny Rose pass. This comes after an 85th minute winning penalty at Crawley and a 90th minute winner from another Dan Sweeney header from a free kick against Harrogate.

I think their best signing has been Jordan Roberts who was a good player at Crawley before he moved to Ipswich. Alex Gilbey was also a good signing. Saxon Earley is a good attacking left back on loan from Norwich with a dodgy throw. The Bradford mgt staff and fans put pressure on the ref to pull him up for foul throws. Carl Piergianni and Dan Sweeney are a threat at set pieces. 5 goals for the centre halfs. 4 goals each for Danny Rose and Jamie Reid.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm

So much bitterness from the usual suspects about one of our finest ever managers.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:54 am

Dan wrote:So much bitterness from the usual suspects about one of our finest ever managers.

Open for debate, though personally I’ve got five or six above him in just my lifetime. What I don’t believe is up for debate is that he is, THE most treacherous, odious, foul mouthed, back stabbing piece of human faeces ever to occupy the sacred position of Mansfield Town manager.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:06 am

Dan wrote:So much bitterness from the usual suspects about one of our finest ever managers.

Never stayed long enough to achieve anything, therefore he has no legacy. As BY mentions the only thing he will be remembered for is ability to spend money and book tickets for China after walking out of t'club.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:40 am

He got wins but it got us nowhere. He got wins but it was ugly football. He got wins but he blew the budget. He got wins but sold us a lie so huge that his nose grew bigger than his belly.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:10 am

No argument about the man himself but as a manager for our club he left us in a better position than he found us and we had some brilliant games under him. There’s not that many above him on his record either.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 am

Dan wrote:No argument about the man himself but as a manager for our club he left us in a better position than he found us and we had some brilliant games under him. There’s not that many above him on his record either.

Got us to a better position using the previous managers core players who had been brought to the club on a shoestring budget. Spent loads of money on players not up to the task and then stabbed us in the back. Statistics can say anything but when you look underneath them there is often a very different story.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:02 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:No argument about the man himself but as a manager for our club he left us in a better position than he found us and we had some brilliant games under him. There’s not that many above him on his record either.

Got us to a better position using the previous managers core players who had been brought to the club on a shoestring budget. Spent loads of money on players not up to the task and then stabbed us in the back. Statistics can say anything but when you look underneath them there is often a very different story.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:03 am

Excellent bait Dan , great angling fella :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:41 am

Big yella wrote:

Open for debate, though personally I’ve got five or six above him in just my lifetime. What I don’t believe is up for debate is that he is, THE most treacherous, odious, foul mouthed, back stabbing piece of human faeces ever to occupy the sacred position of Mansfield Town manager.

Beautifully put. As a whole package, the man, the money he spent, the way he left and zero actual achievement there is a very, very strong argument that he is our worst ever manager.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 am

Rob wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Beautifully put. As a whole package, the man, the money he spent, the way he left and zero actual achievement there is a very, very strong argument that he is our worst ever manager.

Rob :lol: :lol: he’s got a better record than Flitcroft for a start :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:50 am

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Big yella wrote:

As I said, it's not just about his record but everything else he did and stands for. Furthermore, Flitcroft led us to 4th in the league and a play-off place, Evans didn't!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:08 pm

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Big yella wrote:

As I said, it's not just about his record but everything else he did and stands for. Furthermore, Flitcroft led us to 4th in the league and a play-off place, Evans didn't!

How did that end up? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:01 pm

Suggesting Evans is one of our worst ever managers is hilarious :lol:

We’ve just spent 2 years watching Dempster & Coughlan who had win rates around 15% whilst Evans has one of our highest ever. The way he left showed a complete lack of respect but come on :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum