{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Turnstiles shambles

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Turnstiles shambles

Postby ST4GS » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:40 pm

I was surprised you had to choose either card or eticket. Cards should have been QR codes and etickets should have been sent to everyone. etickets should also be compatible with google and apple wallet systems.I have had seemless entry using my phone every game .If 75% used this method I think the problem would not have occurred but my rough observation seems to be a vast majority using cards or paper print outs.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:50 am

My barcode on my plastic card has never (yet) failed. When I eventually get to turnstile I'm straight in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:38 am

Spiritater wrote:My barcode on my plastic card has never (yet) failed. When I eventually get to turnstile I'm straight in.

Me either, very simple process with the code on my phone.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:45 am

I've never experienced a problem so obviously that means that there isn't one
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 am

So far the code on my card has worked every time so I guess I’m lucky, on Tuesday it looked as if a few in front of me were getting the green light but then this would begin to flash on and off and turn red again before they could get through the turnstile and so would have to try again. This was for R block IGU.
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:11 am

CassellsCap wrote:No cash turnstiles yet can only pay cash at kiosk ???

Don't want to do a Chesterfield do we.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 am

QR codes seem to work better than barcodes. The ticket office has every season ticket holders address so why not just post new season tickets with QR codes to all season ticket holders and email them an e-ticket too. Print all other paper tickets with a QR code. Put a line under the scanners on the turnstiles and tell people to hold their tickets/phones level with the line when they scan them
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:41 am

Spiritater wrote:My barcode on my plastic card has never (yet) failed. When I eventually get to turnstile I'm straight in.

Same here. You just have to hold it a small distance away from the scanner, not right up to it like 99% of people seem to do thinking they are paying for something contactless with their debit card.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags88 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:23 pm

Stoney wrote:The QLE isn't fit for purpose when we have a big crowd. Turnstiles, food kiosks, smoking area etc... It's all a joke.

I'll always go to the Stags but I've heard people talking saying they're not going to bother next season. The club are upsetting the fans by not sorting issues which have been highlighted time and time again.

Talking to 4 lads who said they will only come back again if they can get tickets in the West Stand. ( 1 of them comes every other home game and the other 3 are very new ) The club needs to be keeping these new fans.
Stags88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:05 pm

If theyve got a ticket they should let them in, not send them down to the office. Its not the fans fault the reader isnt working right
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby my name is jonas » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:14 pm

Had a call today saying I have a new ST card waiting as the bar codes haven’t been working.

Mine has worked fine everytime so not sure why mine has been re-done.
Anyone else heard anything?
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Elkesley Stag » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:14 pm

my name is jonas wrote:Had a call today saying I have a new ST card waiting as the bar codes haven’t been working.

Had the same call today. Never had a problem but need to change season ticket. Always turn up around 2pm have a couple of beers outside and keep an eye on the turnstiles queues.aim to be seated around 2:50 so join the queue accordingly. Always felt smug because my plastic season ticket worked first time as opposed to the young ins with their fancy phones
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby my name is jonas » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Had a call today saying I have a new ST card waiting as the bar codes haven’t been working.

Had the same call today. Never had a problem but need to change season ticket. Always turn up around 2pm have a couple of beers outside and keep an eye on the turnstiles queues.aim to be seated around 2:50 so join the queue accordingly. Always felt smug because my plastic season ticket worked first time as opposed to the young ins with their fancy phones

I’m the same pal, I even said on the phone if I don’t have time to come before Saturday will my current card work and they said yes. So I’m tempted to just keep using it until it doesn’t.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:29 pm

ST4GS wrote:I was surprised you had to choose either card or eticket. Cards should have been QR codes and etickets should have been sent to everyone. etickets should also be compatible with google and apple wallet systems.I have had seemless entry using my phone every game .If 75% used this method I think the problem would not have occurred but my rough observation seems to be a vast majority using cards or paper print outs.

It's a joke we're even using bar codes. Should be a tap system like contactless payments.

The club has good intentions, but this isn't the solution.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:50 pm

The One wrote:
Stoney wrote:The QLE isn't fit for purpose when we have a big crowd. Turnstiles, food kiosks, smoking area etc... It's all a joke.

I'll always go to the Stags but I've heard people talking saying they're not going to bother next season. The club are upsetting the fans by not sorting issues which have been highlighted time and time again.

The smoking area is to small and unsafe, too many people crammed in.
Kiosks just a joke, many complaining

Stop smoking- you can’t smoke in many venues. fgs
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:21 pm

my name is jonas wrote:
Elkesley Stag wrote:

I’m the same pal, I even said on the phone if I don’t have time to come before Saturday will my current card work and they said yes. So I’m tempted to just keep using it until it doesn’t.

I asked if my current card would work and was told it has been cancelled .

Takes around 40 minutes to get to Mansfield and I don’t finish work in time to get there before the ticket office closes. Already got to leave at 11:30 for the 1pm kick off .Going to have to get there even earlier now and hope there are not too many others queuing to replace a perfectly functional season ticket.
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:38 pm

Anyone else waiting for the "mansfield town way" where those with functioning cards get them replaced with non-functioning ones?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:45 pm

Always had reservations about going with a company like Kaizen.

A simple, off the shelf solution would’ve worked fine.

Does the club have anyone that’s a fan liaison person? Seems there’s all these issues but nobody doing much about it at the club (or maybe they are, but it would be nice to know they recognise the issues)
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:50 pm

Tear off books of tickets were best.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:17 pm

yorkstag wrote:
The One wrote:

Wind your neck in, it's their personal choice and none of your business.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:53 pm

yorkstag wrote:
The One wrote:

Of course the smoking area is unsafe!!!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:43 pm

scotsstag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
The One wrote:

Wind your neck in, it's their personal choice and none of your business.

Correct, i would close the bars
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:15 pm

Had a phone call from MTFC to bring my old season ticket (barcode) in to exchange it for a QR one. They said the old one has not been registering me even though ive been getting in alright !?
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:40 am

Who is the person responsible for this? They want to pull their finger out sharpish or fans are going to leave, revenue is going to dwindle and all the good intention in the world isn't going to matter.

Not good.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:53 am

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Had a phone call from MTFC to bring my old season ticket (barcode) in to exchange it for a QR one. They said the old one has not been registering me even though ive been getting in alright !?

Could this be the reason we now announce number of tickets sold and not the actual attendance?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum