{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Will Harbottle follow the fate of Rawson.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Will Harbottle follow the fate of Rawson.

Postby part time pete » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 pm

We all know what happened to Rawson after his bad back pass against Sutton on Good Friday, he never played again for the Stags. Any chance of this happening to Riley.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: Will Harbottle follow the fate of Rawson.

Postby Ralphy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:28 pm

part time pete wrote:We all know what happened to Rawson after his bad back pass against Sutton on Good Friday, he never played again for the Stags. Any chance of this happening to Riley.

No, he is a young player that has made a mistake. Defo one of our best performers so far this season. He got dragged off and probably had to face the manager and his team mates in the dressing room afterwards. It’s a young pro in his first full season in proper league football, he will make mistakes but he will also learn from them or fall by the way side, my bet from what I have seen of him is that he learns and goes on to be pretty close to our player of the season come May. Back the lad, he’s a quality player and best case scenario for us is that Forest stay up and we go up then we can get him for another year in league one.
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:28 pm

I doubt it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:23 am

It was a shame about the errors because up until that point he was one of my MOTM. Not sure how Macca got it, strange decision.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 am

No cloughie,s got to accept hes a youngster learning his trade ,plus he signed him
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:59 am

Dan wrote:It was a shame about the errors because up until that point he was one of my MOTM. Not sure how Macca got it, strange decision.

He looks good in the lounge for photos with the sponsors
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:18 am

I hope not.

It's one of the risks of using youth, in any profession. They will make mistakes. Sometimes small ones and on the odd occasion big ones. It's just life.

He's played 11 games. Played pretty much all of them bar probably about 30 minutes due to being subbed late on in a couple of games.

I'm delighted that in all that time he's scored 3 and played well for the vast majority of it.

Clough has stuck by players who've played far worse than Riley has so I'd expect him to stick with him still.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:14 am

See the match thread. Some errors are punished,others you get lucky!
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:43 am

I hope not, he's a good young lad and hopefully he learned a valuable lesson last night that will make him an even better player.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:45 am

it would be crazy if it happened - the young lads made a mistake.

You see some top league players make these mistakes so you can’t have riley shot at dawn due to it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:48 am

I think he will be rested for a game or two. Clough has already said the youngsters from Forest will play 25-30 games possibly. It might not be a bad thing after those mistakes. He’s been brilliant but needs to learn.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:05 am

i hate being proved right in circumstances like this, chin up young un
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:38 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i hate being proved right in circumstances like this, chin up young un

No you don't
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:49 am

Harbottle made a mistake like all footballers do, the test is how he reacts, with Hawkins, Hewitt, Gordon, Bowery to name some he should get over it quickly
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:23 pm

bear 73 wrote:Harbottle made a mistake like all footballers do, the test is how he reacts, with Hawkins, Hewitt, Gordon, Bowery to name some he should get over it quickly

Harbottle scored last night there's one big difference, that must make him one of our top scorers.
So far, he has demonstrated he is worthy of a starting position and plays well consistently, do I expect him to play at Barrow, I fear not NC likes to punish players who make a mistake despite contributing more than others. In the situation he was in last night Pym should have been shouting at the top of his voice to clear it, a back pass wasn't ever an option, in all fairness I think it caught everyone by surprise.

Hawks has made it back into the starting XI despite his Red at Wembley, no reason Harbottle shouldn't get back in the starting XI
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Hewitt had a couple of stinkers last season notably at home to Bradford and especially away at Walsall. NC slaughtered him publicly, he then went on to be the most improved player of the season and currently would always be in my starting 11. Just my opinion of course.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:23 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:Hewitt had a couple of stinkers last season notably at home to Bradford and especially away at Walsall. NC slaughtered him publicly, he then went on to be the most improved player of the season and currently would always be in my starting 11. Just my opinion of course.

A very good opinion. Hopefully Riley learns from it like Hewitt. He’s been great this season and offers a goal threat at set pieces…just a terrible last 20 minutes.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:26 pm

Every player in the squad has had a bad day and made mistakes. It's how you bounce back. That's why Forest have sent him here - to learn how to bounce back in a men's league. There are enough experienced heads to help him do it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:55 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i hate being proved right in circumstances like this, chin up young un

No you don't

Dickie i’m touched you are trolling my posts however yes i am
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 pm

All defenders and goalies make muck ups like strikers miss sitters but too many crucial ones will see him subbed for a while
A good lad H
Give him a break I say on this one
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Look at the mistake chelsea made last season in the champions league at home to real madrid

the howler from the ex spireite in goal for england the other night

It happens.

Maybe next time harbottles in that situation he’ll leather the ball as far as he can in whatever direction and we can regroup and go again.

If it can happen at international or champions league level by experienced pros it can happen to kids learning their trade in the 4th division.

Just don’t make a habit of it riley ;)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:20 pm

adamstag wrote:Look at the mistake chelsea made last season in the champions league at home to real madrid

It happens.

Maybe next time harbottles in that situation he’ll leather the ball as far as he can in whatever direction and we can regroup and go again.

If it can happen at international or champions league level by experienced pros it can happen to kids learning their trade in the 4th division.

Pope has never played for Chesterfield. He may have had a stinker against Germany but don’t tar him with that brush :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:Look at the mistake chelsea made last season in the champions league at home to real madrid

It happens.

Pope has never played for Chesterfield. He may have had a stinker against Germany but don’t tar him with that brush :lol:

for once i’m wrong :shock: :lol:

ultimately that’s the price we sometimes pay when we take loan players from cluvs higher up who are young and earning their trade.

That’s what happened on friday, he wil learn from it and we move on. Not sure clough berating him at that age is quite the way forward but i’m sure he’ll know why to do next time
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:00 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It happens.

for once i’m wrong :shock: :lol:

ultimately that’s the price we sometimes pay when we take loan players from cluvs higher up who are young and earning their trade.

That’s what happened on friday, he wil learn from it and we move on. Not sure clough berating him at that age is quite the way forward but i’m sure he’ll know why to do next time

You've posted a couple of things that have really annoyed me this weekend and I've bit my tongue and not responded.

Not this time.

Where has Clough "berated" him?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:13 am

Probably in the changing room?
As I think Stevo asked Nige on t'interview,'What was said in the changing room after the game'?

Nigel... "You don't want to know'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum