{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Paulstag » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Get em in here.
Paulstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby broomo » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:41 pm

I think we may see 2 up top with Swan coming in for Quinn and Lapslie moving one back.

I think we'll win by 2 clear goals, just hope we play with the same energy and desire we've shown most of this season and don't fall into the trap of being complacent.
broomo
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:06 pm

broomo wrote:I think we may see 2 up top with Swan coming in for Quinn and Lapslie moving one back.

I think we'll win by 2 clear goals, just hope we play with the same energy and desire we've shown most of this season and don't fall into the trap of being complacent.


I would go for this. Think we missed having the option of Swans movement against Carlisle and could see him and Akins causing problems for their back line.

It’s a shame to move Lapslie back one as I think he is really effective in that more advanced role and it’s one to keep going with particularly when playing away, but at home when we can afford to be more attack minded I think it’s the best bet for this kind of fixture. He’ll still be encouraged to make forward runs and get in the box at any opportunity and having the 3 of them to pick up when we are attacking and getting balls in to the box should hopefully be a nightmare for their defence.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3650
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 am

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby five to three » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:30 pm

We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: Farndon

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:19 pm

five to three wrote:We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.



Why fix something that's not broken?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9654
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
five to three wrote:We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.



Why fix something that's not broken?


It was broken, we were losing 1-0 until we switched to 2 up front! Do keep up :lol:

I'd like to see Swan and Hawkins up top, Laps back in midfield, Maris in the holding role.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8894
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:15 pm

Rob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
five to three wrote:We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.



Why fix something that's not broken?


It was broken, we were losing 1-0 until we switched to 2 up front! Do keep up :lol:

I'd like to see Swan and Hawkins up top, Laps back in midfield, Maris in the holding role.



Sorry, I couldn't watch the game or get to attend so I didn't know.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9654
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Rob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
five to three wrote:We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.



Why fix something that's not broken?


It was broken, we were losing 1-0 until we switched to 2 up front! Do keep up :lol:

I'd like to see Swan and Hawkins up top, Laps back in midfield, Maris in the holding role.


We actually had three up top at the time of scoring :D

Lapslie effectively plays as a striker anyway in the current formation.

I think Swan has to play at home.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 am

At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 24598
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby ST4GS » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:18 am

Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:
For a promotion candidate we conceed the first goal far too many times. Start the game like we finish games when we are desperate for a goal instead of following the Gareth Southgate mantra. 88 points out of 44 games is excellent but we could have had more. Should be a lot closer to Orient so let's not settle in the comfort zone.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 am

Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:

And the only team in the division without a win yet, those stats really frighten me considering our record against teams in similar situations.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 am

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby scotsstag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:44 am

broomo wrote:I think we may see 2 up top with Swan coming in for Quinn and Lapslie moving one back.

I think we'll win by 2 clear goals, just hope we play with the same energy and desire we've shown most of this season and don't fall into the trap of being complacent.

Yep, agree with all of that.
Really do hope we play two up top at home against the bottom of the league.
scotsstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby lifestags » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:23 am

Pym
Gordon Hewitt Hawkins Harbottle Macca
Clarke Maris Lapslie
Swan Akins.


Bowery to come on for Swan/Akins.
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3179
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:55 am

play Quinn you win
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 pm

Weather looks fun for Friday!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7014
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:11 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:
For a promotion candidate we conceed the first goal far too many times. Start the game like we finish games when we are desperate for a goal instead of following the Gareth Southgate mantra. 88 points out of 44 games is excellent but we could have had more. Should be a lot closer to Orient so let's not settle in the comfort zone.


Same here, I thought we should have had 132 points from them 88 games. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby ST4GS » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:22 pm

part time pete wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:
For a promotion candidate we conceed the first goal far too many times. Start the game like we finish games when we are desperate for a goal instead of following the Gareth Southgate mantra. 88 points out of 44 games is excellent but we could have had more. Should be a lot closer to Orient so let's not settle in the comfort zone.


Same here, I thought we should have had 132 points from them 88 games. :lol:
I hope we get more than 132 points from our next 88 games although if most of these games are at league 1 level then that could be judged a success :lol:
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Ralphy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 pm

3-1 home win Hewitt, Harbottle and Hawkins scoring. Game held up for 20 mins in the second as Yorkie ties himself to one of the floodlights screaming ‘yeah but they let one in’ :D :D :D
Ralphy
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:18 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:15 pm

0-2
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:21 pm

ST4GS wrote:
part time pete wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:
For a promotion candidate we conceed the first goal far too many times. Start the game like we finish games when we are desperate for a goal instead of following the Gareth Southgate mantra. 88 points out of 44 games is excellent but we could have had more. Should be a lot closer to Orient so let's not settle in the comfort zone.


Same here, I thought we should have had 132 points from them 88 games. :lol:
I hope we get more than 132 points from our next 88 games although if most of these games are at league 1 level then that could be judged a success :lol:


I should have said 44 games :oops: :oops:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:22 pm

five to three wrote:We're at home to the team at the bottom.Do we really need five at the back and one up front. Really hope he plays two up front with Lapslie as the effective advanced midfielder.

We don’t play five at the back. The last 3 matches our wing backs have had an average position in the opposition half along with the other five ‘non-defenders’ and often in advance of the rest of the midfield. Even teams like Orient, Bradford and Stevenage don’t have these numbers inthe opposition half. Lapslie generally has been just behind Akins and often overlaps him.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Northowram, Halifax

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby AshoverStag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Any news on if Boateng may be fit to play. ?
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:18 pm

AshoverStag wrote:Any news on if Boateng may be fit to play. ?

Clough hoping he will play at least 45 minutes against Derby
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 26206
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Ralphy wrote:3-1 home win Hewitt, Harbottle and Hawkins scoring. Game held up for 20 mins in the second as Yorkie ties himself to one of the floodlights screaming ‘yeah but they let one in’ :D :D :D


i do need to get to more games apparently, i could drop you a prawn sandwich down to share with Nigel & Broomie if you like ? :D :D :D
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby broomo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Ralphy wrote:3-1 home win Hewitt, Harbottle and Hawkins scoring. Game held up for 20 mins in the second as Yorkie ties himself to one of the floodlights screaming ‘yeah but they let one in’ :D :D :D


i do need to get to more games apparently, i could drop you a prawn sandwich down to share with Nigel & Broomie if you like ? :D :D :D


I never mention/criticise or have a cheap dig at you unless I'm replying directly to you.

Please give me the same courtesy.

Yawn.
broomo
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Costastag, Martin Shaw, Rob, Spiritater, stags1963, yellowstagsfan and 41 guests