{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:22 pm

I don’t think the manager can be blamed for our players assuming at 2-0 it was done and dusted, the complacency was embarrassing.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:24 pm

adamstag wrote:
Wil0211 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Clough pathetic sticking with that raspberry up top.

The problem wasn’t at that end of the pitch but don’t miss a chance to have a go.

Yes it was Aikins was absolutely awful tonight and was bullied throughout by Meynasse

Whereas he wasn’t great , he had no support.

That’s cloughs fault. 1 uptop to bottom of the league is laughable

Yeah. Agree. See it coming. The personnel and formation went right for the fixture. Should have been out of sight.. We were also very complacent. Whatever reason you attribute to the draw, it ends with clough. Pathetic result unfortunately. Especially the manner of it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:25 pm

You’ve got to give Keith Curle some credit (as much as I dislike him) for changing his shape and personnel to attack our weaknesses.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:26 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:Reap what you sow.

that performance is bordering on negligence from the management

How so?

If you went to the game you’d know the answer.

I didn’t go, but I watched the game. He question still stands.

The basics is it was evident we should have started swan.
Had we had pace uptop we’d have scored more
the tactics today are great away not at home
the subs were made too late.

that’s just to start
I mean come on, it’s not hard

I disagree. I don’t see how pace up top would’ve changed a game which we dominated for 65 minutes against a defence that sat very deep. Even after we conceded the first they didn’t have a a raft of chances until they scored the second. We lost the game because of individual errors. The tactics were right, we created plenty but didn’t take our chances.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:28 pm

Conker wrote:I don’t think the manager can be blamed for our players assuming at 2-0 it was done and dusted, the complacency was embarrassing.

Yeah agree with the complacency. But that is the management's fault. The 1 up top who didn't do anything also a bad decision.

I don't mind doing stick with a winning team. But the team that won at crewe weren't the team that started at crewe. So by that logic he should have started with the team that won at crewe not started at crewe, where we were equally as poor infront of goal and didn't make it count.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How so?

Simple really, we had the game by the balls, a player makes an individual error to gift them a goal.

At 2-1 a third goal kills it, but we lost our shape, made some strange subs and opted to play for time instead of being pro-active in putting the game to bed. Just make the same changes as at Crewe no need to be cute.

Quinn is useless beyond 70 & Akins was pretty poor all night, Rollin flipping Menayese had in in his pocket for all the 2nd half. Lapslie was our main threat tonight & got hooked.

When that 1st goal went in, I knew this was going to be one of those games where Clough would try to be clever & get his pants took down & judging by the way the life was sucked out of the crowd I wasn't alone in that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Conker wrote:I don’t think the manager can be blamed for our players assuming at 2-0 it was done and dusted, the complacency was embarrassing.

Yeah agree with the complacency. But that is the management's fault. The 1 up top who didn't do anything also a bad decision.

I don't mind doing stick with a winning team. But the team that won at crewe weren't the team that started at crewe. So by that logic he should have started with the team that won at crewe not started at crewe, where we were equally as poor infront of goal and didn't make it count.

But it’s not a one up top really is it. Lapslie and Akins pretty much play on the same line.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:36 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How so?

Simple really, we had the game by the balls, a player makes an individual error to gift them a goal.

At 2-1 a third goal kills it, but we lost our shape, made some strange subs and opted to play for time instead of being pro-active in putting the game to bed. Just make the same changes as at Crewe no need to be cute.

Quinn is useless beyond 70 & Akins was pretty poor all night, Rollin flipping Menayese had in in his pocket for all the 2nd half. Lapslie was our main threat tonight & got hooked.

When that 1st goal went in, I knew this was going to be one of those games where Clough would try to be clever & get his pants took down & judging by the way the life was sucked out of the crowd I wasn't alone in that.

That’s a fair comment. We definitely took our foot off the gas. Whether that’s an instruction from the management or natural nerves from the players I guess we’ll never know.

I think the subs were ok, I didn’t see any particular issue with them. I’m not sure which ones your specifically referring to so it’s difficult to comment fully. I assume Akins was left on to defend set pieces as that looked they’re mostly likely route to goal.

It’s definitely frustrating to lose a game we should have won. My question to Adamstag was mainly because he made a pretty bold statement and I was interested to see why he thought that.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

But it’s not a one up top really is it. Lapslie and Akins pretty much play on the same line.

give over.

there were times when akins didn’t have a player within 20 yards of him today.

What was needed was swan playing.

It was clear and obvious
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:40 pm

adamstag wrote:
    MTFCMusings wrote:

give over.

Lapslie is playing as 1 of 2 forwards.

There was nothing wrong the tactics or starting 11 tonight for me. We were miles better than them in every aspect for 60 minutes up until individual errors changed the game and the way we just let our performance go to pot after the first rather than just keeping calm against a side we were far better than was concerning.
    BH_Stag
    Manager
    Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:44 pm

adamstag wrote:
    MTFCMusings wrote:

give over.

It was clear and obvious

Just can’t agree with that. The average touch map doesn’t agree with that either.
    MTFCMusings
    Manager
    Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:46 pm

Some good news to cheer everyone up, we won 2.4 to 0.6 on xG :lol:
    MTFCMusings
    Manager
    Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Spiritater wrote:At home to bottom of the League, what could go wrong :problem: :problem:

Well they just had to prove me right eh!
    One 60 second passage of play starting with Hawkins bad pass which could have cost us to the fatal blunder by Riley and all of a sudden it's as though someone has sucked every ounce of confidence from the whole team.
    Had Poolz scored their 2nd 5mins earlier we'd have lost that
    That worries me.
    Theirs not to reason why
    Theirs but to do and die
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the Six Hundred
    Spiritater
    Manager
    Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
    adamstag wrote:
    MTFCMusings wrote:

give over.

It was clear and obvious

Just can’t agree with that. The average touch map doesn’t agree with that either.

fair dues, it was pretty obvious but we all see the game differently - maybe your internet was playing up
    adamstag
    Manager
    Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 pm

That was definitely a management decision to sit back and try to control the game. God knows what Akins is supposed to be doing first touch is dreadful
    wardy12345
    First Team
    First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:06 pm

yorkstag wrote:
    cassellswasmagic wrote:raspberry off Macca.

What?

:lol: It’s me youth…I thought Macca played the back pass :lol: so damn frustrated.
    cassellswasmagic
    Manager
    Manager

Postby Realitycheck82 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 pm

If we aren't dominant in the middle of the park, home or away we are struggling! We have no pace up front or in defence and the better teams will exploit that!...defo 2 points dropped tonight, 1 of the poorest teams I've seen at league 2 level for a while
    Realitycheck82
    Youth Team
    Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
    adamstag wrote:
    MTFCMusings wrote:

give over.

It was clear and obvious

i can and will thankfully being at the game i had a clear view

It was dreadful tactics at home, and we all know it sadly

Being at the game the lack of support provided to akins was dreadful, and it was obvious swan should have started
    adamstag
    Manager
    Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
    adamstag wrote:
    MTFCMusings wrote:
    Conker wrote:Yeah agree with the complacency. But that is the management's fault. The 1 up top who didn't do anything also a bad decision.

give over.

It was clear and obvious

i can and will thankfully being at the game i had a clear view

It was dreadful tactics at home, and we all know it sadly

Being at the game the lack of support provided to akins was dreadful, and it was obvious swan should have started

You’ve already replied to this once :lol:

The tactics were fine until we gifted them a goal. After that as Sneag said you could question the tactics.

I cannot understand how you can think Akins was isolated when the majority of the game was us in possession playing in the oppositions half, with Lapslie playing alongside him.
    MTFCMusings
    Manager
    Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:36 pm

wardy12345 wrote:That was definitely a management decision to sit back and try to control the game. God knows what Akins is supposed to be doing first touch is dreadful

He spent more time sat down than I did during the match.

Not much Clough could do about the first defensive disaster, but managerially he was certainly a poor 2nd best to Keith Curle this evening.
    Beano
    Manager
    Manager

Postby Ralphy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:40 pm

Fans always first to lose their bottle, keep the faith we will keep getting better and it will be a roller coaster but we are strong enough for top three
    Ralphy
    Subs Bench
    Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:03 pm

adamstag wrote:
    Wil0211 wrote:
    yorkstag wrote:
    cassellswasmagic wrote:Clough pathetic sticking with that raspberry up top.

The problem wasn’t at that end of the pitch but don’t miss a chance to have a go.

Yes it was Aikins was absolutely awful tonight and was bullied throughout by Meynasse

Whereas he wasn’t great , he had no support.

That’s cloughs fault. 1 uptop to bottom of the league is laughable

Yeah. Agree. See it coming. The personnel and formation went right for the fixture. Should have been out of sight.. We were also very complacent. Whatever reason you attribute to the draw, it ends with clough. Pathetic result unfortunately. Especially the manner of it.

Ends with Clough? Are you for real? A manager can not be blamed because players can't do their job It was the missed chances and shocking defending that cost us the win. Was you moaning about Clough when we were 2.0 up and were dominating the game? We should of been 3.0 up at h.t. Missed more chances in the second half.. No doubt Clough fault and school boy errors at the back.

Like everyone, Im disappointed with the result but at least some have the sense to realise who the players were who cost us all three points and not blame the manager for something that was totally out of his hands..
    tmwilson
    Manager
    Manager

Postby five to three » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 pm

Same team as the one that was losing the last game, five at the back and no striker against the team at the bottom. I had hoped for something more positive. An easy game was turned into a harder one. We set up like we were playing away to a team at the top.
    five to three
    Subs Bench
    Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 pm

We should’ve won and once 2 up should’ve ran out easy winners. Mistakes happen and players are only human and young players make mistakes. Older players make mistakes because they are past their best and that hurts more. I’m sure the dressing room is feeling it more than we realise...move on and keep going it’s a long season. COYS
    CassellsCap
    Assistant Manager
    Assistant Manager

Postby YellaFella 75 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:43 pm

It seems to me that whenever we don't win it's because Akins was rubbish. I don't think he played badly tonight I think Maneyese got away unpunished for alot of holding and grappling tonight, on another day he would have been shown a yellow card then his game plan would have had to change. We didn't win tonight because of defensive errors it's that simple, I just wish people would have a look how everyone played tonight including their favourites before constantly blaming one man, It's becoming really annoying. Let's try and support Nigel and all the players because sticking together is how we become successful UPS
    YellaFella 75
    Reserve Team
    Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum