{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool scorethread sponsored by hope the lights work

Postby Tess Tickle » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:26 pm

Lucas is certainly struggling to make an impact at the moment and indeed he is struggling to have a decent game at all but I for one haven’t heard any boos towards him.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:Lucas is certainly struggling to make an impact at the moment and indeed he is struggling to have a decent game at all but I for one haven’t heard any boos towards him.

Definitely not. Pointless. The team gives 100% and that’s definitely all that can be asked. They never give up. Akins still give’s everything he’s got.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:20 pm

All aboard for barrow next weekend!
Last edited by adamstag on Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:15 pm

Where is Derby fred
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:27 am

Tess Tickle wrote:Lucas is certainly struggling to make an impact at the moment and indeed he is struggling to have a decent game at all but I for one haven’t heard any boos towards him.

There were plenty at full time on Friday!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:49 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Definitely not. Pointless. The team gives 100% and that’s definitely all that can be asked. They never give up. Akins still give’s everything he’s got.

At the moment we probably don't have too many options for the main striker role. Oates is injured until Christmas. Swan played less than two dozen games of league football. Gale less than a dozen games. O'Toole and Perch coming back from injury means Hawkins is needed in defence.
That leaves Bowery and Akins as the only experienced players who have played up front. Neither of those two have ever been prolific so you can understand why the role is now to try and hold the ball up the pitch and bring the wingbacks/midfield into the game.
Until players return from injury or gain experience it looks like we're going to have to get used to this style
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:35 pm

Suttonian wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

At the moment we probably don't have too many options for the main striker role. Oates is injured until Christmas. Swan played less than two dozen games of league football. Gale less than a dozen games. O'Toole and Perch coming back from injury means Hawkins is needed in defence.
That leaves Bowery and Akins as the only experienced players who have played up front. Neither of those two have ever been prolific so you can understand why the role is now to try and hold the ball up the pitch and bring the wingbacks/midfield into the game.
Until players return from injury or gain experience it looks like we're going to have to get used to this style

You're right, it's almost as if the squad is 2-3 players short, which of course it is.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You're right, it's almost as if the squad is 2-3 players short, which of course it is.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: as if
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:39 pm

What is all this BS about experience to justify your point? How much experience did Greenacre have when he signed on loan, or even Walker? Both had played a handful of games, mostly from the bench. When we were actually signing expierence in the summer everyone was moaning we were becoming a retirement home..
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:What is all this BS about experience to justify your point? How much experience did Greenacre have when he signed on loan, or even Walker? Both had played a handful of games, mostly from the bench. When we were actually signing expierence in the summer everyone was moaning we were becoming a retirement home..

I'm not trying to BS anyone, it's just my opinion on why the team has been set up this way for the last few weeks. Besides Greenacre and Walker you could probably add Matt Green as well because I don't think he had played as an out and out striker before he came here had he? Unfortunately none of those players are here and we have to deal with the players we've got. As I see it Nigel isn't willing to gamble on youth as the lone striker and is relying on experience in Akins as well as Lapslie's knack of being in the right place at the right time
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum