{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:17 pm

The issue is bear and broomo.. the nucleus of all arguments on this board. To be fair to broomo, he's stayed out the way and note the harmony once more.

It's become quite apparent bear is a catalyst
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:23 pm

Speccy wrote:Come on Cunno, you must see the need for trialling this kind of thing.
Look where we are as a football club in comparison to where we've been over the last, what, 40 years.

oh hang on...

That's not my issue mate...

I do find the 1pm game a bit strange but I'm not that fussed about it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:55 pm

This is a tasty thread
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:06 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:This is a tasty thread

More like a McDonalds - full of crap and leaves you unfulfilled.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:18 pm

SeanieStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:This is a tasty thread

More like a McDonalds - full of crap and leaves you unfulfilled.

I dunno, I've had a great read through :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:21 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Stop on-line bullying an elderly man.

Bullying? :lol:

If being elderly precludes you from any criticism from talking complete and utter bull then I've been caught red handed.

Martin won't do owt though. He's crapping himsen despite the fact this message board is being ruined (removed)... He was much quicker to dispatch with Bellwhiff...
Last edited by Random Hero on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Speccy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:22 pm

I think the experiment of having fans of a manager (it's so weird) has failed.
I'm sure Broomo and Bear are very nice people in their own ways but the chasm between following a football team's manager and being born with no choice is a wide one.
Speccy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Speccy wrote:I think the experiment of having fans of a manager (it's so weird) has failed.
I'm sure Broomo and Bear are very nice people in their own ways but the chasm between following a football team's manager and being born with no choice is a wide one.

This place (for all its flaws) was much better before. It's sad.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Speccy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:31 pm

I agree.
Speccy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 pm

I find it strange when someone who supports the manager , something i have never heard in all my years.

Then suddenly we get two following NC :?:

Broomo signed up 1st of November

Bear 73 signed up 6th November

NC became manager 6th November.

NC Born 19th of March and 54 at the time 19 + 54 = 73 :shock:

My over active mind :o back to my knitting :oops: :oops:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:This is a bit of a meltdown out of nothing.

Try telling that to the season ticket holders who now can’t attend.

Happens all the time in the premiership. It’s two games and addressing a critical issue - don’t you understand the fuel charges will put people out of business. Get a grip man

One of the main reasons I enjoy supporting a lower league club and not a Premier League club is to feel an actual connection with the club, and not have ridiculous decisions like this inflicted upon fans at the last minute. Seems we are unfortunately going the same way. :(

Have worked my way through this thread which is twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back and I think this is, what sums up the issue.

As fans we feel close the club, we know people who work in it or some of the directors etc. We know that the Radfords and the board are trying their best to keep improving the club on all levels. We, as a fan base, have been patient with things like the old ticketing system, the kiosks, toilets etc but the club has developed a slight tendency to get it wrong on decisions like this which we thought would stop when the old COOs departed.

For me, it isn't whether this is a good decision or not. It is about how odd it looks so soon after the Hartlepool match swap.

There just doesn't seem to be someone in the club taking a step back and considering how things look to the fans at times. And that is damned frustrating because we are desperate for the owners and directors to make this is a club we are can back in all decisons made.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:35 pm

Well said GFB. Thanks for reading through this raspberry!
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Speccy wrote:I think the experiment of having fans of a manager (it's so weird) has failed.

This place (for all its flaws) was much better before. It's sad.

I miss belwhiff ruining every thread
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 am

yorkstag wrote:
James wrote:Very poor decision from the club and another example recently of no communication between the club and the fans.

Where are the SSA in all of this? Are they a supporters group that brings up issues from the fan base to the club? Do we need to set up a supporters group that will do that?

What an absolutely ridiculous post- the club is a business which has to react to difficult times. I think the SSA do a great job. This is an experiment and a great idea

No it isn't
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:04 am

Spiritater wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
James wrote:Very poor decision from the club and another example recently of no communication between the club and the fans.

Where are the SSA in all of this? Are they a supporters group that brings up issues from the fan base to the club? Do we need to set up a supporters group that will do that?

What an absolutely ridiculous post- the club is a business which has to react to difficult times. I think the SSA do a great job. This is an experiment and a great idea

No it isn't

in the past communication with the fans has been pretty good, you would have to be pretty daft to think most would be happy with this, come on board directors you are better than this !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:08 am

One thing is for sure, if we can't afford to ignite a few bulbs once a fortnight for a couple of hours then you can say goodbye to any redevelopment of the Bish in the foreseeable future.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:30 am

Well when the game is played i will only i will only have time for a couple of pints before the match NOT SANGRIA :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:31 am

Spiritater wrote:One thing is for sure, if we can't afford to ignite a few bulbs once a fortnight for a couple of hours then you can say goodbye to any redevelopment of the Bish in the foreseeable future.

Too true tater , maybe we should split the leagues into Div 4 north and Div 4 south and the other leagues respectively and make it a summer sport that way we could weigh the floodlights in at Tommy Moodys (scrap yard ) :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:09 am

T'club could do a bucket shake for all the supporters coming through turnstiles if things are tight. If everyone chucked 10p in we'd have about 500 quid to pay for the leccy meter and stay at sensible 3pm KO times :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:10 am

yorkstag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
stag324 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
stag324 wrote:I apologise if someone has already posted this on the thread as I haven't read through all the comments but if the club,

-Built a bigger shop and got stock in
-Fixed the problems with the food kiosks
-Fixed the turnstiles
-Asked fans to pay for a new padded seat with their name on

Implemented the above and other potential revenue drivers the club would easily cover the additional cost on the electric bill

You lack a complete lack of understanding of the challenge faced. The club should outline the increase in costs faced. If you think selling a few more shirts and pies will fix this you are deluded.
I agree it could have been communicated better and moving the Hartlepool game seems contradictory although that game will allow a comparison between increased gates and cost . Walsall will enable a view on the impact of 1 pm kick offs.

Thanks the passive aggressive response.

Let’s think this through a little.

An enhanced club shop will additional merchandise in stock could easily bring in an additional £100k turnover at circa 40-50% marking

Food kiosks will great food done superbly on an average 5000 attendance over circa 18 games easily £150k at a minimum 55% margin

£100 per season for a padded seat with uptake of 1000 fans with 60% margin

Other sponsorship activities, circa £200k

This would cover the costs easily

-)))
1 it won’t and you ignore the cost of expansion

2 are you seriously suggesting that’s additional income?

3 1000 people paying for padded seats ignoring the cost of provision

4 and what exactly would generate £200k extra[/quote

1) you can work with property owners in the town centre to get a great deal on a shop

2) yes, run through some basic forecasting

3)I am talking season on season and replacing old with new whilst all the while improving the stadium

4)if the corporate side of stags had an overall there are many opportunities to bring additional revenue into the club

If, as I guess you will try and pull this response apart put some rationale behind your argument otherwise don’t bother responding
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:59 am

Costastag wrote:Well when the game is played i will only i will only have time for a couple of pints before the match NOT SANGRIA :lol:

I'm in Spain for this one and was going to watch on ifollow. Don't think it will be on now with a 1pm kick off.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:07 am

It will be on in spain i assure you ,well it will in my house
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:24 am

victor A block wrote:
Costastag wrote:Well when the game is played i will only i will only have time for a couple of pints before the match NOT SANGRIA :lol:

I'm in Spain for this one and was going to watch on ifollow. Don't think it will be on now with a 1pm kick off.

The iFollow coverage overseas is unaffected. All League matches are available on iFollow overseas. I was referring to coverage in UK when I said that moving kick off from 3pm to 1pm did not affect coverage (on iFollow in UK).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Random Hero » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:23 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:The issue is bear and broomo.. the nucleus of all arguments on this board. To be fair to broomo, he's stayed out the way and note the harmony once more.

It's become quite apparent bear is a catalyst

I’ve been told Bear is ‘ultra positive’ and that’s the reason for his comments. I’d have to say I disagree - blaming a fixture change on impending nuclear apocalypse doesn’t feel particularly positive to me.

I’ve now been warned via private message so this will be my last post on the subject.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:10 am

Imagine getting this rumbled by a couple of blokes on a league two football message board
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum