{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Is there anything that says that the SSA knew anything about it at all before it was announced by the club?

Isn't that part of the problem? The SSA have never raised any issues that supporters have with the club.

Why would the club consult them, they know whatever they do they won't speak up anyway.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:23 pm

stag324 wrote:I apologise if someone has already posted this on the thread as I haven't read through all the comments but if the club,

-Built a bigger shop and got stock in
-Fixed the problems with the food kiosks
-Fixed the turnstiles
-Asked fans to pay for a new padded seat with their name on

Implemented the above and other potential revenue drivers the club would easily cover the additional cost on the electric bill

You lack a complete lack of understanding of the challenge faced. The club should outline the increase in costs faced. If you think selling a few more shirts and pies will fix this you are deluded.
I agree it could have been communicated better and moving the Hartlepool game seems contradictory although that game will allow a comparison between increased gates and cost . Walsall will enable a view on the impact of 1 pm kick offs.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:40 pm

The game is currently awash with money. But sadly like most of society, only at an elite level. It is most worrying for the likes of Mansfield, Walsall, County etc. that clubs are looking to move kick off times to negate the increase in energy costs when players, given a run out in the Papa Johns are being transferred for £6 million between elite clubs.

The government is looking to abandon the review led by Tracy Crouch that would establish an independent regulator of football which would work towards financial sustainability for all and a fairer distribution of tv monies.

At a time when the National insurance rate cut for Christiano Ronaldo, reportedly £255 K (source Kieren McGuire) would cover the cost of the increase in energy charges for ourselves at least. You have to wonder about the state of the game at our level, local level and communities and where it will end.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:47 pm

This is a bit of a meltdown out of nothing.

The club are just going to Benchmark the revenue and costs of a.1pm match Vs a 3pm match Vs a Friday night match.

One will have higher costs, one will have higher revenue, however, only one will be the most profitable... (Or least expensive.)

Which one will it be? you decide.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:56 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:This is a bit of a meltdown out of nothing.

The club are just going to Benchmark the revenue and costs of a.1pm match Vs a 3pm match Vs a Friday night match.

One will have higher costs, one will have higher revenue, however, only one will be the most profitable... (Or least expensive.)

Good post - exactly what I was trying to say -))
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Try telling that to the season ticket holders who now can’t attend.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
At a time when the National insurance rate cut for Christiano Ronaldo, reportedly £255 K (source Kieren McGuire) would cover the cost of the increase in energy charges for ourselves at least.

I'm confused, I thought the NI rise in the first place was for NHS and Care home improvements, now it was for energy costs ?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:06 pm

James wrote:
Isn't that part of the problem? The SSA have never raised any issues that supporters have with the club.

Why would the club consult them, they know whatever they do they won't speak up anyway.

Why bite the hand that feeds you ? (quite literally)
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:14 pm

You cannot get a true reflection of the figures by just moving one game to Friday night and one game to Saturday 1pm.
This time the people who the changes affect will go all out to make alternative arrangements in able to attend, this doesn't mean that they can continue to do so in future so the figures on a one off experiment are nonsense.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Random Hero wrote:

Happens all the time in the premiership. It’s two games and addressing a critical issue - don’t you understand the fuel charges will put people out of business. Get a grip man
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:17 pm

scotsstag wrote:

You cannot get a true reflection of the figures by just moving one game to Friday night and one game to Saturday 1pm.
This time the people who the changes affect will go all out to make alternative arrangements in able to attend, this doesn't mean that they can continue to do so in future so the figures on a one off experiment are nonsense.

fgs
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:18 pm

There was an f not the g in the original post. Is the club supposed to do nothing ?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:19 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Happens all the time in the premiership. It’s two games and addressing a critical issue - don’t you understand the fuel charges will put people out of business. Get a grip man

Premiership ?
Whats rugby gotta do with it ?

If your gonna used an ill thought out example at least get the name right.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:26 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

One of the main reasons I enjoy supporting a lower league club and not a Premier League club is to feel an actual connection with the club, and not have ridiculous decisions like this inflicted upon fans at the last minute. Seems we are unfortunately going the same way. :(
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:29 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Someone knowledgable has quite helpfully broken down the costs for running the floodlights earlier in this thread. I suggest you read this if you still feel this is about ‘fuel charges’.

The fact Carolyn herself said on her Instagram last night that it was nothing to do with costs (hastily deleted I might add!) would support that there is more at play here.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:51 pm

We played lots of 1pm games on police advice a few years back and the crowds were well up on 3pm kickoffs in the same season. 7k v Chesterfield. 6.5k v Notts County. 5.5k v Grimsby compared to 3k v Crawley, 3k v Stevenage and 3k v Morecambe. There you go. Switch all to 1pm as it is a no brainer.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:58 pm

ST4GS wrote:

We played lots of 1pm games on police advice a few years back and the crowds were well up on 3pm kickoffs in the same season. 7k v Chesterfield. 6.5k v Notts County. 5.5k v Grimsby compared to 3k v Crawley, 3k v Stevenage and 3k v Morecambe. There you go. Switch all to 1pm as it is a no brainer.

Nice try ;)
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:02 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Nice try ;)

Crawley, Stevenage and Morecambe.

With an away following of 51, 97 and 35 & a half.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Laney_MTFC » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:12 pm

This is a bit of a meltdown out of nothing.

Glad someone said it.
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:20 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Someone knowledgable has quite helpfully broken down the costs for running the floodlights earlier in this thread. I suggest you read this if you still feel this is about ‘fuel charges’.

The fact Carolyn herself said on her Instagram last night that it was nothing to do with costs (hastily deleted I might add!) would support that there is more at play here.

Football clubs in the lower league are losing something like a millions plus a season, and like everybody else have to deal with rising costs.
A rise in ticket prices would not be welcome, we cannot expect the Radfords to absorb every cost increase.
The world we live in are borrowing money that will take years to pay the National debt.
I am sure the club are just trying to cope with increasing cost,
sometimes you have to make the hard decisions,
Random hero has posted 22 times and i still dont know how it effects him,
Just curious.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:21 pm

yorkstag wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

fgs

fgs what? Smart arse...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Why I am I smartarse? Why do you have to be unpleasant?

I don’t agree and think people are being naive. But hey you have a different view. You think I’m a smartarse I think you’re arrogant and v negative based on your posts. That’s fine.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 pm

scotsstag wrote:

My thoughts exactly. It’s a short sighted, meaningless exercise that will prove absolutely nothing. And do we really have people at the club who think energy costs can ONLY be assessed by bringing the KO time forward? Really hope not!
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

One of the main reasons I enjoy supporting a lower league club and not a Premier League club is to feel an actual connection with the club, and not have ridiculous decisions like this inflicted upon fans at the last minute. Seems we are unfortunately going the same way. :(

Last minute ? I thought it was 3 weeks time, not this Saturday !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:44 pm

yorkstag wrote:Why I am I smartarse? Why do you have to be unpleasant?

I don’t agree and think people are being naive. But hey you have a different view. You think I’m a smartarse I think you’re arrogant and v negative based on your posts. That’s fine.

Are you not the one calling other posters deluded for having a different view to your own ????
People in glass houses eh ;) :roll:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum