{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Postby my name is jonas » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:23 am

Could have half understood it was in Nov/Dec and if it potentially clashed with a big World Cup game and when it actually does get dark around 4.45/5 but in the middle of October a few weeks after moving a game to a Friday which didn’t go down well either is a joke.

No sat 3pm game at home from Aug 20th - October 29th
Last edited by my name is jonas on Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:34 am

my name is jonas wrote:Could have half understood it in Nov/Dec if it potentially clashed with a big World Cup game and when it actually does get dark around 4.45/5 but in middle of October a few weeks after moving a game to a Friday which didn’t go down well either is a joke.

No sat 3pm game at home from Aug 20th - October 29th
Agree 100%. I like the odd Friday night game and Exeter last season was brilliant but don't move them from 3pm when we are in a period of famine. The fixtures yet again have been unkind with 4 away Saturday games out of 5. Someone at board level should understand this !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:09 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:47 am

A decision made after:

- No consultation with fans groups
- No consultation with local businesses potentially affected
- Zero consideration for Saturday morning youth team football
- Zero consideration for fans coming from further afield who have already booked train tickets
- Zero consideration for those who arrange to work on Saturday mornings so they can make the game in the afternoon
- Zero consideration for season ticket holders who have spent their money based on how many 3pm kick offs they can attend and now can’t make it
- No respect for English footballing tradition

Are Paul and Tina Broughton back? It feels like a backwards step to me.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:53 am

AshoverStag wrote:Wow 4 pages worth on this thread

No there isn't
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
zod wrote:
Costastag wrote:Suppose it depends on the savings the club will make on their energy bills ,

Given that the club have just invested a fortune in solar panels and it costs about £15 to run the floodlights for two hours, I can't see it bankrupting the club.

How do you know it costs £15 to run the floodlights for two hours?

29KW of lighting, at a cost of 0.23 a KWh = £6.67 an hour x 2 hours = £13.34
That's before you factor in the savings that the club are making from the solar panels.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Random Hero wrote:A decision made after:

- Zero consideration for fans coming from further afield who have already booked train tickets
- Zero consideration for those who arrange to work on Saturday mornings so they can make the game in the afternoon
- Zero consideration for season ticket holders who have spent their money based on how many 3pm kick offs they can attend and now can’t make it

As mentioned above, we have no fan group that would take this up anyway. The SSA are basically a glorified travel company.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby crw95 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:17 pm

Only we could smash our ST record then pull two stunts by mid-September that will put a lot of people off renewing.
crw95
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Would not like a 1 pm kick off at all
But as always the customer and fans come second and if the club want it it will happen
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:26 pm

James wrote:

As mentioned above, we have no fan group that would take this up anyway. The SSA are basically a glorified travel company.

It’s a shame - we have such a long standing and well organised supporters club in the SSA who seemingly have the respect of the club, yet they seem unable/unwilling to get involved when the matter is even slightly controversial.

It’s all well and good having a nice table in the Kevin Bird Suite at every home game, but now and again perhaps they need to get involved where it really matters to supporters.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:28 pm

2 hours early and its the end of the world ...club doesn’t care ! Utter rubbish ... its a trail FGS some of the comments on here are outrageous....
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:It has a wider impact not just on the club

A lot of pubs require that pre match trade

Simple way to stop it. Have a wee protest before the match.

Are you taking the piss? :D
Last edited by Dan on Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:2 hours early and its the end of the world ...club doesn’t care ! Utter rubbish ... its a trail FGS some of the comments on here are outrageous....

Ah so long as it doesn’t affect you mate let’s just crack on shall we
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Superstar

Bombing down the hill on a Yamaha
Does a skid, hits a kid
Smacks his balls on a dustbin lid

Well, that's how it went when I was at junior school...
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm

James wrote:Very poor decision from the club and another example recently of no communication between the club and the fans.

Where are the SSA in all of this? Are they a supporters group that brings up issues from the fan base to the club? Do we need to set up a supporters group that will do that?

What an absolutely ridiculous post- the club is a business which has to react to difficult times. I think the SSA do a great job. This is an experiment and a great idea
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:54 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Would not like a 1 pm kick off at all
But as always the customer and fans come second and if the club want it it will happen

That’s life - what world do you live in. As I mentioned on another response if it has an impact I’m sure the club will respond.
Costs for businesses will rocket later this year and I think this experiment reflects the fact that we are a well run club.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:57 pm

yorkstag wrote:
James wrote:Very poor decision from the club and another example recently of no communication between the club and the fans.

Where are the SSA in all of this? Are they a supporters group that brings up issues from the fan base to the club? Do we need to set up a supporters group that will do that?

What an absolutely ridiculous post- the club is a business which has to react to difficult times. I think the SSA do a great job. This is an experiment and a great idea

By ‘reacting to difficult times’ do you mean trying to justify a fixture move as ‘an energy cost related trial’ whilst simultaneously switching a fixture that would have used no floodlight energy to a Friday night? :lol:

This whole thing is an utter shambles and should be revisited as a matter of urgency.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:57 pm

Random Hero wrote:
adamstag wrote:
If we want to mitigate the cost of floodlights why have we moved Hartlepool to a friday night? :shock: :lol:

Exactly this. What a shambles :lol:

It’s not a shambles it’s an experiment. Good luck to the club - it’s a business which has to survive. Taken together both games will inform on Friday night and 1 pm kick offs.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

By ‘reacting to difficult times’ do you mean trying to justify a fixture move as ‘an energy cost related trial’ whilst simultaneously switching a fixture that would have used no floodlight energy to a Friday night? :lol:

This whole thing is an utter shambles and should be revisited as a matter of urgency.

It’s not a shambles it will help the club understand the impact of changes. Is a fixture move such a disaster ?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:05 pm

Random Hero wrote:
James wrote:

It’s a shame - we have such a long standing and well organised supporters club in the SSA who seemingly have the respect of the club, yet they seem unable/unwilling to get involved when the matter is even slightly controversial.

It’s all well and good having a nice table in the Kevin Bird Suite at every home game, but now and again perhaps they need to get involved where it really matters to supporters.

The SSA have done wonders for the club and myself over the years, no questions about it. However they are more a travel/funding supporters club as mentioned.

BUT, it seems they never sit down with the club and discuss the real issues. We do need a more hard lined supporters group who aren't afraid to voice their opinions and concerns.

Many clubs regularly sit down with their main supporters group before passing anything off and have to come to some agreement.

This isn't a dig at the club as we are in an excellent position as a football club for the first time in years, however the club can't keep changing kick off dates and times at short notice without consultation of the fans. The changing of kick off time isn't an issue for me, however I can see it being a problem for many others if it is to be a regular occurance.

Are the SSA raising issues to the club regarding the difficulty accessing the ground, (the gate behind shut), the queues and turnstiles problems we are having etc?

Up the stags.
Last edited by Slackythestag on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:07 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

It’s not a shambles it will help the club understand the impact of changes. Is a fixture move such a disaster ?

‘Disaster’ is a strong word. However, it’s very inconvenient for many, especially those who have already shelled out their hard earned cash on season tickets.

How can you justify an experiment to reduce energy costs whilst simultaneously switching a different fixture to use much more energy costs - at the cost of much inconvenience for many paying customers?!
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Slackythestag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
James wrote:

The SSA have done wonders for the club and myself over the years, no questions about it. However they are more a travel/funding supporters club as mentioned.

BUT, it seems they never sit down with the club and discuss the real issues. We do need a more hard lined supporters group who aren't afraid to voice their opinions and concerns.

Many clubs regularly sit down with their main supporters group before passing anything off and have to come to some agreement.

This isn't a dig at the club as we are in an excellent position as a football club for the first time in years, however the club can't keep changing kick off dates and times at short notice with consultation of the fans. The changing of kick off time isn't an issue for me, however I can see it being a problem for many others if it is to be a regular occurance.

Are the SSA raising issues to the club regarding the difficulty accessing the ground, (the gate behind shut), the queues and turnstiles problems we are having etc?

Up the stags.

Great post young Slacky, agree with every word.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:16 pm

I apologise if someone has already posted this on the thread as I haven't read through all the comments but if the club,

-Built a bigger shop and got stock in
-Fixed the problems with the food kiosks
-Fixed the turnstiles
-Asked fans to pay for a new padded seat with their name on

Implemented the above and other potential revenue drivers the club would easily cover the additional cost on the electric bill
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Dan wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:It has a wider impact not just on the club

A lot of pubs require that pre match trade

Simple way to stop it. Have a wee protest before the match.

Are you taking the piss? :D

Urine for it now
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Is there anything that says that the SSA knew anything about it at all before it was announced by the club?
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum