{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walsall Kick-off Time Brought Forward

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:44 pm

bear 73 wrote:Random hero has posted 22 times and i still dont know how it effects him,
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

You’ve posted on this forum 1,531 times and don’t actually support Mansfield Town.

I’ll be here, being affected by the decisions the club makes, long after you’ve taken your trolling elsewhere.

I look forward to that day immensely.

Ben
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:46 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:This is a bit of a meltdown out of nothing.

Try telling that to the season ticket holders who now can’t attend.

Happens all the time in the premiership. It’s two games and addressing a critical issue - don’t you understand the fuel charges will put people out of business. Get a grip man

Someone knowledgable has quite helpfully broken down the costs for running the floodlights earlier in this thread. I suggest you read this if you still feel this is about ‘fuel charges’.

The fact Carolyn herself said on her Instagram last night that it was nothing to do with costs (hastily deleted I might add!) would support that there is more at play here.

Do we know for sure that the person is knowledgeable ?
Can anyone confirm that his figures actually stack up ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:47 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Happens all the time in the premiership. It’s two games and addressing a critical issue - don’t you understand the fuel charges will put people out of business. Get a grip man

Someone knowledgable has quite helpfully broken down the costs for running the floodlights earlier in this thread. I suggest you read this if you still feel this is about ‘fuel charges’.

The fact Carolyn herself said on her Instagram last night that it was nothing to do with costs (hastily deleted I might add!) would support that there is more at play here.

Football clubs in the lower league are losing something like a millions plus a season, and like everybody else have to deal with rising costs.
A rise in ticket prices would not be welcome, we cannot expect the Radfords to absorb every cost increase.
The world we live in are borrowing money that will take years to pay the National debt.
I am sure the club are just trying to cope with increasing cost,
sometimes you have to make the hard decisions,
Random hero has posted 22 times and i still dont know how it effects him,
Just curious.

Look kids, he thinks the National debt will one day be paid off :lol: :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Random hero has posted 22 times and i still dont know how it effects him,
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

You’ve posted on this forum 1,531 times and don’t actually support Mansfield Town.

I’ll be here, being affected by the decisions the club makes, long after you’ve taken your trolling elsewhere.

Ben

Bear The Troll master bags another one.!.

Outstanding...

Hop on here fella :lol: :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:49 pm

Random Hero wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

I agree there is a need for transparency here but don’t agree it’s a reason for total meltdown
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:51 pm

stag324 wrote:I apologise if someone has already posted this on the thread as I haven't read through all the comments but if the club,

-Built a bigger shop and got stock in
-Fixed the problems with the food kiosks
-Fixed the turnstiles
-Asked fans to pay for a new padded seat with their name on

Implemented the above and other potential revenue drivers the club would easily cover the additional cost on the electric bill

Can't Tarquin from the Bullingdon club lend the club a few quid towards the bulbs. He's just had his bankers bonus upped.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:53 pm

scotsstag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Why I am I smartarse? Why do you have to be unpleasant?

I don’t agree and think people are being naive. But hey you have a different view. You think I’m a smartarse I think you’re arrogant and v negative based on your posts. That’s fine.

Are you not the one calling other posters deluded for having a different view to your own ????
People in glass houses eh ;) :roll:

Not really…
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:01 pm

iansmith wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

The club are just going to Benchmark the revenue and costs of a.1pm match Vs a 3pm match Vs a Friday night match.

One will have higher costs, one will have higher revenue, however, only one will be the most profitable... (Or least expensive.)

Which one will it be? you decide.

You cannot get a true reflection of the figures by just moving one game to Friday night and one game to Saturday 1pm.
This time the people who the changes affect will go all out to make alternative arrangements in able to attend, this doesn't mean that they can continue to do so in future so the figures on a one off experiment are nonsense.

My thoughts exactly. It’s a short sighted, meaningless exercise that will prove absolutely nothing. And do we really have people at the club who think energy costs can ONLY be assessed by bringing the KO time forward? Really hope not!

I’m sure that’s not the case but doing nothing is not an option. I see this as a start. Anyone that doesn’t see rising energy costs as a major challenge is missing the point.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:21 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

I accept supporting the club is called trolling and i am still confused on how it .affects you
I am impressed by the history lesson but i am no wiser how it affects you .
Take your time with the answer just Curious.
I do not think the decision was taken lightly and i trust the club to try to do whats best at a difficult time..
You seem to think they have a hidden agenda , and they do not appreciate the fans, i do not agree
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:34 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

I accept supporting the club is called trolling and i am still confused on how it .affects you
I do not think the decision was taken lightly and i trust the club to try to do whats best at a difficult time..
You seem to think they have a hidden agenda , and they do not appreciate the fans, i do not agree

An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:49 pm

Anybody that thinks this trial is anything of the sort, is kidding themselves. The decision has already been made. What I'd like to know is what the real reason is, energy saving is just a smokescreen, and an ill thought out one, given the retiming of the Hartlepool game.
Ten years spent building up youth involvement in the club, to destroy it overnight.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby iansmith » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:59 pm

yorkstag wrote:
iansmith wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

The club are just going to Benchmark the revenue and costs of a.1pm match Vs a 3pm match Vs a Friday night match.

One will have higher costs, one will have higher revenue, however, only one will be the most profitable... (Or least expensive.)

Which one will it be? you decide.

You cannot get a true reflection of the figures by just moving one game to Friday night and one game to Saturday 1pm.
This time the people who the changes affect will go all out to make alternative arrangements in able to attend, this doesn't mean that they can continue to do so in future so the figures on a one off experiment are nonsense.

My thoughts exactly. It’s a short sighted, meaningless exercise that will prove absolutely nothing. And do we really have people at the club who think energy costs can ONLY be assessed by bringing the KO time forward? Really hope not!

I’m sure that’s not the case but doing nothing is not an option. I see this as a start. Anyone that doesn’t see rising energy costs as a major challenge is missing the point.
. Interesting. So MTFC switching the lights off two hours earlier solves the energy problem? MTFC, like any business, need well thought out plans for operating in the current climate. Not meaningless trials that could have been written on the back of a cigarette packet. For what it’s worth, I trust JR will have them in place and this latest ‘experiment’ is just a slip up along the way. After all no one’s perfect!
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag324 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:05 pm

yorkstag wrote:
stag324 wrote:I apologise if someone has already posted this on the thread as I haven't read through all the comments but if the club,

-Fixed the turnstiles

Implemented the above and other potential revenue drivers the club would easily cover the additional cost on the electric bill

You lack a complete lack of understanding of the challenge faced. The club should outline the increase in costs faced. If you think selling a few more shirts and pies will fix this you are deluded.
I agree it could have been communicated better and moving the Hartlepool game seems contradictory although that game will allow a comparison between increased gates and cost . Walsall will enable a view on the impact of 1 pm kick offs.

Thanks the passive aggressive response.

Let’s think this through a little.

An enhanced club shop will additional merchandise in stock could easily bring in an additional £100k turnover at circa 40-50% marking

Food kiosks will great food done superbly on an average 5000 attendance over circa 18 games easily £150k at a minimum 55% margin

£100 per season for a padded seat with uptake of 1000 fans with 60% margin

Other sponsorship activities, circa £200k

This would cover the costs easily
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:16 pm

stag324 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

-Fixed the turnstiles

You lack a complete lack of understanding of the challenge faced. The club should outline the increase in costs faced. If you think selling a few more shirts and pies will fix this you are deluded.
I agree it could have been communicated better and moving the Hartlepool game seems contradictory although that game will allow a comparison between increased gates and cost . Walsall will enable a view on the impact of 1 pm kick offs.

An enhanced club shop will additional merchandise in stock could easily bring in an additional £100k turnover at circa 40-50% marking

Food kiosks will great food done superbly on an average 5000 attendance over circa 18 games easily £150k at a minimum 55% margin

yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:25 pm

yorkstag wrote:
stag324 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

-Fixed the turnstiles

-)))
1 it won’t and you ignore the cost of expansion

2 are you seriously suggesting that’s additional income?

3 1000 people paying for padded seats ignoring the cost of provision

4 and what exactly would generate £200k extra
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Get Nigel to pull his pants down. According to some on here, the sun shines out his arse.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:33 pm

Surely this two hour earlier kick off is to disrupt Walsall in their preparation and means their players getting up and travelling two hours earlier as they won’t be stopping overnight.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

:?: Bear how many Football club forums have you been a V.I.P of :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:43 pm

Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

Does the number of times he's posted diminish the validity of his point?

Stop on-line bullying an elderly man.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:45 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

:?: Bear how many Football club forums have you been a V.I.P of :)

This thread is becoming so boring that it's making the England match look exciting.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:50 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

And there we go....

Surprised it took so long...

This site..... :roll:
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Speccy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 pm

well the 1pm trial has certainly caused a stir!
i think the obvious response for those that feel strongly against it is to simply not turn up (if you could anyway)
Speccy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Random hero has posted 22 times and i still dont know how it effects him,
Just curious.

Hi Bear,

Ben

And there we go....

Surprised it took so long...

This site..... :roll:[/quote]

Sorry you have to elaborate., Unless you mean it's all very pathetic at times. As is the reaction of a lot of people about moving a match by 2 hours. Threads often seem to descend into the all too common conclusion of trolling the same poster. Let me guess, I'm 'woke' or a 'snowflake'?

Not replying to this thread again.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Every cloud...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Speccy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:11 pm

Come on Cunno, you must see the need for trialling this kind of thing.
Look where we are as a football club in comparison to where we've been over the last, what, 40 years.

oh hang on...
Speccy
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum