{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

#HerGameToo

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: #HerGameToo

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I have a pal that freely slags off the increasing role of women in football; and then he remembers the presence of my daughter - 14 years a season ticket holder at Mansfield Town and as knowledgeable as him, me and everyone on this forum about Mansfield Town. 'Obviously not Holly though' is always the immediate reply.

A bit like saying 'blacks are all criminals,.....apart from my mate John, obviously.'
'Foreigners are the root of all our problems,........but not my friend Igor, obviously.'
'Gays shouldn't be seen or heard,......apart from my son who's just this day come out, obviously.'

If you're unconsciously biased only in favour of a certain demographic then it's plain for others to see. Even easier to see when it's typed on the internet.

I encourage females to come and watch the team. I think it’s an excellent thing.

But women’s football is monkey tennis.

As long as they stay in their lane eh?

Oh do pipe down, Captain Outraged. I’m talking purely about quality. Women’s football is just not good. It’s got nothing to do about staying in lanes. Jesus you’re a legend.

Bore off you misogynistic fossil.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:38 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I have a pal that freely slags off the increasing role of women in football; and then he remembers the presence of my daughter - 14 years a season ticket holder at Mansfield Town and as knowledgeable as him, me and everyone on this forum about Mansfield Town. 'Obviously not Holly though' is always the immediate reply.

A bit like saying 'blacks are all criminals,.....apart from my mate John, obviously.'
'Foreigners are the root of all our problems,........but not my friend Igor, obviously.'
'Gays shouldn't be seen or heard,......apart from my son who's just this day come out, obviously.'

As long as they stay in their lane eh?

Oh do pipe down, Captain Outraged. I’m talking purely about quality. Women’s football is just not good. It’s got nothing to do about staying in lanes. Jesus you’re a legend.

Bore off you misogynistic fossil.

He does have a point though, its brilliant the women's game is gaining traction, not only for the national team, but for grass roots, schools and general involvement of girls in all age groups. The quality of what is on show in the WSL & Lionesses is pretty poor, however its dressed up.

That should not deflect from their achievements over the years, it just needs to not be compared to the mens, which is the fault of Media outlets. Changing 3 lions on a shirt song to include the womens for example will only add fuel to the comparison fire.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:42 pm

Please cut out the bickering
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Please cut out the bickering

I don’t think being called a “misogynistic fossil” is bickering. People have been banned for less.

Some seem to be bombproof. Some don’t.

I wasn’t misogynistic in any way. I just stated that women’s football isn’t good quality. I can provide evidence. So rather than PM, I’ll publicly make a complaint about this comment. I recall him calling me a Nazi not too long ago. I got a week ban for being mildly sarcastic. So why isn’t this a ban worthy post by him ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:41 pm

Grass
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I don’t think being called a “misogynistic fossil” is bickering. People have been banned for less.

I wasn’t misogynistic in any way. I just stated that women’s football isn’t good quality. I can provide evidence. So rather than PM, I’ll publicly make a complaint about this comment. I recall him calling me a Nazi not too long ago. I got a week ban for being mildly sarcastic. So why isn’t this a ban worthy post by him ?

What are you comparing women's football to ? It has in the last 5-10 years improved massively!
You can’t compare it to the men’s game
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:48 pm

The whole 'women's football is worse quality than men's football' position might make a bit more sense if it wasn't being argued on the site of a perennial 4th tier mens football club, who are one rung away from the amateur game. If quality of football is your main criteria then why would you ever support Mansfield Town.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:28 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Grass

The irony. The number of times I’ve been “grassed” on. But I guess being biased in one direction is fine isn’t it.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:37 pm

I love women’s football. I enjoy it more than men’s football sometimes. There’s no diving or falling on the floor, no feigning injuries or rolling 15 times holding their leg, they’re still allowed to tackle properly and you don’t half get some crunching challenges. Take the other night two of our players got kicked in the face and our captain only went off because she had blood all over her mouth and her lip sliced open otherwise she would’ve carried on.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Grass

The irony. The number of times I’ve been “grassed” on. But I guess being biased in one direction is fine isn’t it.

Two wrongs make it twice as wrong, grass
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 pm

Marky Mark wrote:The whole 'women's football is worse quality than men's football' position might make a bit more sense if it wasn't being argued on the site of a perennial 4th tier mens football club, who are one rung away from the amateur game. If quality of football is your main criteria then why would you ever support Mansfield Town.

To put it into perspective, stags men would absolutely tonk the women's national team. Worlds apart
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

You don't recall me calling you a Nazi because I didn't. I spoke about Nazi-like behaviour (on the appropriate forum) and YOU chose to put the cap on because YOU wanted to have something to be offended about.

But you keep on trying to get me banned sunshine. Knock yerself out.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:13 pm

The point is, you can love or loathe Women's football, without the need to regurgitate the same crap Partidgism everytime it gets mentioned.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Women’s football is ok imo…they don’t roll around on the ground after being touched, they actually play passing football and know how to win a major tournament. Something the current England men’s team struggle with. Where I’d say the women’s game struggles is in the GK department. There’s some good keepers, but a lot of terrible ones. That’s my only negative.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:47 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:The whole 'women's football is worse quality than men's football' position might make a bit more sense if it wasn't being argued on the site of a perennial 4th tier mens football club, who are one rung away from the amateur game. If quality of football is your main criteria then why would you ever support Mansfield Town.

To put it into perspective, stags men would absolutely tonk the women's national team. Worlds apart

The men's 500th ranked Tennis player would tonk the womens No 1, doesn't mean women's tennis is poor quality.

The physical differences mean the mens game will always be faster, but women's football is coming from a background of having been banned for decades by men and not played at school. Therefore, for now the skill level isn't there yet, but the improvement in quality is astonishing and will continue at pace. As it does its popularity will increase. I thought the last women's World Cup was hugely entertaining, as were some of the Euros matches.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:15 pm

Rob wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

The men's 500th ranked Tennis player would tonk the womens No 1, doesn't mean women's tennis is poor quality.

The physical differences mean the mens game will always be faster, but women's football is coming from a background of having been banned for decades by men and not played at school. Therefore, for now the skill level isn't there yet, but the improvement in quality is astonishing and will continue at pace. As it does its popularity will increase. I thought the last women's World Cup was hugely entertaining, as were some of the Euros matches.

This is what I am trying to say. Its the Media outlets and TV broadcasting which causes the whole issue on comparison. You cannot watch an England Mens match now without the Lionesses being mentioned by female presenters. Keep the sports separate. To compare Lionesses Euro win to 66 and reinventing 3 lions on a shirt is ludicrous. If they don't mention one an other and the problem of comparison goes away, whilst the womens gains the support and traction it deserves to be successful.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Sneag wrote:The point is, you can love or loathe Women's football, without the need to regurgitate the same crap Partidgism everytime it gets mentioned.

It’s pretty clear that you are favoured by the mods. I got a weeks ban for being mildly sarcastic, you seem to be able to say what you like with impunity. The Nazi thing ? You had to apologise. Nice one Martin. I see you.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:16 pm

I've asked very politely for the bickering to stop. For the final time, please stop. If you two want to continue, you'll both be doing it elsewhere and not on this messageboard. And don't say you weren't warned.

You should both be discussing football, teams, players, matches, etc, and not discussing other users or provoking other users.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:23 pm

Watching the Chelsea v Lyon Champions League QF and it’s not been a bad game. First half was really good. The Lyon keeper made a great save with her face from close range, would’ve been a stinger but she got straight back up and carried on. The men could learn from that.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:58 pm

Bad facial injury to a Chelsea player blood everywhere. Looks like she got elbowed in the face/nose. She had 7 minutes of treatment and it still kept bleeding so she had to go off. Then Lyon scored so it’s 1-1 on aggregate now and gone to extra time.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:48 pm

Wow Lyon scored in extra time to go 2-0 up so would win 2-1 on aggregate. In the 2nd minute of 2 minutes added on time of extra time Chelsea’s Lauren James sister of Chelsea’s Reece James goes down in the box and it looks like a penalty. It goes to a VAR check and after a few minutes delay it’s given. Chelsea score it after 98 minutes to take it to penalties. Incredible entertainment.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:58 pm

Chelsea keeper saves two penalties and they win 4-3 on pens and will face Barcelona in the semi final.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:42 am

Chelsea got a great result and so did Arsenal the night before. I applaud any English team when they do well. My comments had nothing to do with the success of the female game or the popularity of it. I just don’t think it that’s good to watch. Having said that, the Red Roses play an excellent brand of rugby. So….

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:11 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:The point is, you can love or loathe Women's football, without the need to regurgitate the same crap Partidgism everytime it gets mentioned.

It’s pretty clear that you are favoured by the mods. I got a weeks ban for being mildly sarcastic.

:lol: :lol:

You got a weeks ban because you do nothing but post 49 times a day moaning about other users and be extremely dislikable in general. Also you seem to never learn your lesson.

Atleast have the self awareness to own what kind of forum user you are.

That being said, I like there being a forum user such as yourself. Every forum needs atleast a couple.
Sneag is one of the funniest posters on the forum. You two are like Batman and The Joker.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:12 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

It’s pretty clear that you are favoured by the mods. I got a weeks ban for being mildly sarcastic.

:lol: :lol:

You got a weeks ban because you do nothing but post 49 times a day moaning about other users and be extremely dislikable in general. Also you seem to never learn your lesson.

Atleast have the self awareness to own what kind of forum user you are.

That being said, I like there being a forum user such as yourself. Every forum needs atleast a couple.
Sneag is one of the funniest posters on the forum. You two are like Batman and The Joker.

That’s as maybe. I know I’m combative but one gets banned for a week for mild sarcasm and the other gets nothing for comparing someone to a Nazi ? Be honest. That’s not right.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum