{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:39 pm

wink68 wrote:If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.

did you know if you buy a lottery ticket but don’t win you can claim your money back? :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:08 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
wink68 wrote:If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.

I doubt it.

I know you can't. Just playing devil's advocate.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:25 am

wink68 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I doubt it.

I know you can't. Just playing devil's advocate.

It's not ideal... but look what happens to some championship teams. Last season Sheff utd Vs Bournemouth got changed to a 12 afternoon kick off.. have to set off at a silly time to get to sheff if you were a Bournemouth fan all down to sky!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:39 am

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:I was under the impression they'd only ask to change if we had a game on the Tuesday to allow for more recovery time

I'm under the impression they're doing it to purposefully reduce crowds because they won't have the pre match queues under control by then

it was fine against Stockport wasn't it?

Yeah. pretty much

To get into the ground it was mostly smooth. Queues in the Pate bar and for refreshments in the ground... not so much
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:47 am

adamstag wrote:

did you know if you buy a lottery ticket but don’t win you can claim your money back? :lol:

But what if you bought a lottery ticket & then it transpired that several balls had been removed from the machine ensuring your ticket was worthless & had been mis-sold?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:52 am

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

But what if you bought a lottery ticket & then it transpired that several balls had been removed from the machine ensuring your ticket was worthless & had been mis-sold?

:lol:

Basically people need to get over it and stop moaning, we’ve had 1 friday night game the last 2 seasons at home, and played tranmere away on a friday also.

Fans should be well aware of this when deciding to purchase a ticket as it’s really not a surprise at all that we’ve done this and may well do another one later in the season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:03 am

Maybe the club could give a free ifollow pass and cancel the ticket for that game. In reality it would cost nothing and I can’t see many season ticket holders missing the game so their mates can watch for free.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 am

bmthstag wrote:
Rob wrote:I don't understand why the EFL allow clubs to do this without good reason. People will plan around the fixture list and whilst unforseen things can happen, that's not the case here. We can hardly complain if other clubs now do the same thing to us to reduce our away support. It doesn't really affect me, but it's not right.

I thought both teams had to agree. So on that basis we could refuse and protect our away support.

I'm not sure to be honest, but why would Hartlepool agree to this? Clough has already said its done in part to give us an advantage. If they have agreed it and I was a Monkey Hangar I'd be fuming.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:52 am

As a disabled supporter who travels to Mansfield by train that’s rather messed up my arrangements. I won’t be able to catch a train home after 10.00 pm.
The idea of compensating season ticket holders who will miss out with a complementary iPass is a good one and seems only fair.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:14 am

I guess it all depends on the reason you buy your season ticket.
Is it because you intend to go to every game ? Is it to make a saving on the matches that you attend ? Is it to guarantee your seat ? Is it to give you priority for cup matches and away tickets ?
To break even on a season ticket you need to attend around 15/16 matches (variable depending on which stand and whether you use the advance price or matchday price) so any matches above and beyond that are a bonus.
Yes it is disappointing if a match gets changed and you are unable to make it, but unless this happens 7 or 8 times a season then you aren't losing out financially.
Back in the days of our previous owner we used to regularly have Friday night matches - I think it was once said that you were allowed to move up to 3 per season to Fridays ?
From a personal point of view I am quite happy with this change as I have other commitments which make it very difficult for me to make any Saturday matches until mid-November every season, so as a ST holder for over 20 years I have missed a fair number of matches over that time.
I would imagine there are very few people who make it to every single home game in a season as work, family, holidays, etc. would have some impact for most people.
Most people would also have bought their season tickets before the fixtures were announced so not sure how they can claim it's not what they signed up for !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:58 am

The Exeter game played on a Friday night last season was a success . With the highest home attendance since our return to the football league ! Which produced a brilliant atmosphere .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:32 am

Amberheart wrote:The Exeter game played on a Friday night last season was a success . With the highest home attendance since our return to the football league ! Which produced a brilliant atmosphere .

Indeed. https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1145
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chris M » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:21 pm

I feel furious to learn this news. When the fixtures came out I booked a holiday that would get us home early Saturday Morning in plenty of time to get to the game. Cannot go now. Of course there will be occasions where fixtures have to be moved due to postponements or cup runs, but to move a fixture on a whim is just not acceptable.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Chris M wrote:I feel furious to learn this news. When the fixtures came out I booked a holiday that would get us home early Saturday Morning in plenty of time to get to the game. Cannot go now. Of course there will be occasions where fixtures have to be moved due to postponements or cup runs, but to move a fixture on a whim is just not acceptable.

If you're furious at this, I'd hate to see your reaction to the state of the country :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Amberheart wrote:The Exeter game played on a Friday night last season was a success . With the highest home attendance since our return to the football league ! Which produced a brilliant atmosphere .

Shall we move all our games to a Friday then? Balls to the away fans.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:03 pm

i quite enjoy a Friday night, however i can fully appreicate the frustrations, especially as there isnt really good reason for it on this occasion

wait until we are in the premier league and games get changed to Sunday and monday last minute
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:24 pm

I would imagine it would save Hartlepool the cost of an overnight stay and that’s why they agreed.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 pm

Rob wrote:

No course not . I think you might be over reacting lol
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not at all, your argument is that Friday night games are a great success, therfore why not play all our games on a Friday? I mean, who cares about the away fans anyway? I think it's an awful move, quite selfish and certainly made with absolutely zero thought for supporters. If there was a genuine reason for moving this game I'd have no issue at all. If anything it's actually better for me, but that's not what this is about.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not at all, your argument is that Friday night games are a great success, therfore why not play all our games on a Friday? I mean, who cares about the away fans anyway? I think it's an awful move, quite selfish and certainly made with absolutely zero thought for supporters. If there was a genuine reason for moving this game I'd have no issue at all. If anything it's actually better for me, but that's not what this is about.

They wouldn't be special nights at the mill on a Friday if every game was on a Friday ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Back in the mists of time íf I remember rightly Torquay used to play home matches on Saturday evenings and Southend on Friday nights. Our midweek games were on Monday nights. But in those days the number of sway fans was quite small.
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:

Think Sharpe said last season one of his reasons for moving the Exeter game was to lessen the number of away support.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Weststandupper stag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 pm

At the same fans forum Clough asked a very simple question does anybody mind if we change it to a Friday night and a couple raised objections. To claim that fans were not considered is nonsense. They asked fans at the main place to raise objections and got near unanimous approval.
Edit sorry it appears this point has already been raised.
Weststandupper stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:04 pm

Weststandupper stag wrote:At the same fans forum Clough asked a very simple question does anybody mind if we change it to a Friday night and a couple raised objections. To claim that fans were not considered is nonsense. They asked fans at the main place to raise objections and got near unanimous approval.
Edit sorry it appears this point has already been raised.

Sorry but the opinion of 100 or so stags fans that were free to attend the forum doesn't necessarily represent the thousands of ST holders and other match attending supporters we have ! Some of whom travel long distances to games and I dont think have been taken into account here.

And from some of the reaction clearly a fair number of fans arent happy with the fixture change and to make out there opinion doesn't matter because at a fans forum u had a show of hands just shows the regard in which u hold ur fellow stags fan.

I understand it suits some and not others and respect that ! It's more for me about keeping football on Sat 3pm which all in all (give or take postponement etc) is what u expect in the most part when u buy a season ticket .
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:08 pm

What i don’t understand is those who seem to think we’ve been foisted with friday nights as some new fangled magic is rather odd also. When purchasing a season ticket if you’re an experienced/knowledgeable fan you’d expect 1 or 2 games will be moved to a friday and a few more will be moved from saturdays to tuesday if they’re cancelled due to bad weather or cup games.

Again, we’ve done them the last few seasons and by and large they were a success and it certainly had a different atmosphere to it.

Of course they’ll always be those who miss out, like they’ll be those who can go on a friday who can’t on a saturday..

I’ll have to take a half days holiday and ask mates if i can kip over, but it’ll still be worth while.

Those who argue it’s selfish are basically speaking a nonsense as they’ve been inconvenienced themselves. get over it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum