{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:
Weststandupper stag wrote:At the same fans forum Clough asked a very simple question does anybody mind if we change it to a Friday night and a couple raised objections. To claim that fans were not considered is nonsense. They asked fans at the main place to raise objections and got near unanimous approval.
Edit sorry it appears this point has already been raised.

Sorry but the opinion of 100 or so stags fans that were free to attend the forum doesn't necessarily represent the thousands of ST holders and other match attending supporters we have ! Some of whom travel long distances to games and I dont think have been taken into account here.

And from some of the reaction clearly a fair number of fans arent happy with the fixture change and to make out there opinion doesn't matter because at a fans forum u had a show of hands just shows the regard in which u hold ur fellow stags fan.

I understand it suits some and not others and respect that ! It's more for me about keeping football on Sat 3pm which all in all (give or take postponement etc) is what u expect in the most part when u buy a season ticket .

Alternatively, a couple of opinions on stagsnet does not take in account the full stags fan base.

If there was loads of uproar about the Exeter game last season I doubt they'd have done it again but that wasn't the case.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:44 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Weststandupper stag wrote:At the same fans forum Clough asked a very simple question does anybody mind if we change it to a Friday night and a couple raised objections. To claim that fans were not considered is nonsense. They asked fans at the main place to raise objections and got near unanimous approval.

Sorry but the opinion of 100 or so stags fans that were free to attend the forum doesn't necessarily represent the thousands of ST holders and other match attending supporters we have ! Some of whom travel long distances to games and I dont think have been taken into account here.

And from some of the reaction clearly a fair number of fans arent happy with the fixture change and to make out there opinion doesn't matter because at a fans forum u had a show of hands just shows the regard in which u hold ur fellow stags fan.

I understand it suits some and not others and respect that ! It's more for me about keeping football on Sat 3pm which all in all (give or take postponement etc) is what u expect in the most part when u buy a season ticket .

Alternatively, a couple of opinions on stagsnet does not take in account the full stags fan base.

If there was loads of uproar about the Exeter game last season I doubt they'd have done it again but that wasn't the case.

The attendance spoke volumes.

If it was such a selfish failure there would have been a low crowd.

Oh…
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:14 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Oh…

Dont know why certain posters seem to want to win what is a discussion ?

I've clearly stated that I understand it suits some and not others but also I'm not going to not say how I feel on a discussion forum. Dont know where the "selfish failure" quote comes from cursive not seen that said ?

Ultimately as we all know the club will do what they will do but to have a differing opinion than many on here doesn't mean it shouldn't be heard.

Seems many posters are quick to jump on peoples differing views and I'm starting to understand why some posters feel a lack of respect of their opinions on here.

Opinions differ and I'm fine with that but I still feel how I feel.
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:20 pm

It's not great for me either, and likely rules out my attendance given it's a 2-3 hour drive at the best of times - however, if your main argument against it is that you want to protect a 3pm Saturday kick off tradition then it feels like a ship that has already sailed.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Oh…

Dont know why certain posters seem to want to win what is a discussion ?

I've clearly stated that I understand it suits some and not others but also I'm not going to not say how I feel on a discussion forum. Dont know where the "selfish failure" quote comes from cursive not seen that said ?

Ultimately as we all know the club will do what they will do but to have a differing opinion than many on here doesn't mean it shouldn't be heard.

Seems many posters are quick to jump on peoples differing views and I'm starting to understand why some posters feel a lack of respect of their opinions on here.

Opinions differ and I'm fine with that but I still feel how I feel.

i was replying to bobby, but heyho.

There’s pros and cons, l just it seems there are some who are rather naive in assuming all games will kick off at 3pm on a saturday when this hasn’t been the case for quite a few seasons, and friday nights are coming back.

We were away at tranmere the following week to exeter last season and it was a belting evening/game.

I hope we have another friday night game the other side of christmas.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:35 pm

Marky Mark wrote:

It's not great for me either, and likely rules out my attendance given it's a 2-3 hour drive at the best of times - however, if your main argument against it is that you want to protect a 3pm Saturday kick off tradition then it feels like a ship that has already sailed.

Quite right. It's kind of a blessing that sky don't really care about league 2 so they aren't shifting our fixtures to different times and days every week. I remember a lot being peed off with the Salford game being moved to a Monday last season. Thank god we don't have that issue regularly.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:12 pm

I am surprised nobody has posted that if they were a true fan they would get to the game no matter what day the game was played. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:42 pm

Marky Mark wrote:

My argument has nothing to do with that and everything about consideration for away and exiled supporters. But it suits Adam personally so all's good :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:54 pm

Rob wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:

My argument has nothing to do with that and everything about consideration for away and exiled supporters. But it suits Adam personally so all's good :lol:

well it doesn’t suit me at all really, i’ve got to take a half day holiday, stop at a mates etc.

However when i purchased a season ticket i expected several games would be moved to a friday and i’ve booked the according holidays. I just don’t get how folk are so wound up about something we’ve been doing for the last few seasons and think it’s some magic shock.

Maybe there’s lots of new supporters who don’t know how things work i suppose.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:04 pm

I don't live "around the corner", I've also said that this change suits me personally. What you can't grasp is that this doesn't just affect us two. As for being a "new" supporter :lol:

Can you explain what your argument against ALL our games being played on a Friday night would be?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:51 am

Rob wrote:I don't live "around the corner", I've also said that this change suits me personally. What you can't grasp is that this doesn't just affect us two. As for being a "new" supporter :lol:

Can you explain what your argument against ALL our games being played on a Friday night would be?

obviously you’re not a new supporter :lol: you’re not young enough ;)

There isn’t it doesn’t need to be an argument for all games played on a friday.

As folk say variety is the spice of life, i think 1 or 2 games a season is just enough personally. I think we’d all readily agree that the constant changes of times in the championship and premier league would be a massive shock to us all if something so unrealistic ever happened.

Many will purchase season tickets with the knowledge that sadly they’ll miss a few for whatever reason, if a game gets moved to a tuesday for instance unless it’s a massive game (eg the tranmere 1-0 in our 2nd season back up) i won’t make it for logistical reasons.

For me, the exeter attendance last season speaks volumes, it was also one of tranmeres highest attendances of the season when we played them away the week after.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:01 am

I don't disagree Adam (apart from the age thig :lol: ), though I'd wager the Exeter attendance would have been just as high, if not higher, the following day. If the club wants to play one or two Friday games then why not pick them when fixtures are announced, giving fans time to make or alter plans? As we've read, one person booked his holiday based on being back on Saturday for the game, lots more will be similarly affected. I do go back to my main gripe though, that is this really stuffs the away fans, maybe in this case small numbers, but it will be even smaller now.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:58 am

If you can't get to the Friday night match and you're a season ticket holder, you'll be attending automatically. Problem solved.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:51 am

Bradders wrote:If you can't get to the Friday night match and you're a season ticket holder, you'll be attending automatically. Problem solved.

Very true, in fact as you won't physically be there but will be attending you'll be able to take your seat in the Bishop Street stand.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:05 pm

Just imagine how people will complain when we get to the premiership and play hardly games at 3pm on a Saturday.

I do quite enjoy home Friday night matches but always feel a bit sorry for the visiting supporters if it is a team a long way off like Exeter last season.

I recall we played at Southend away in 2013/14 season on a Friday. There were 199 Stags fans at that game and it was in the middle of a run of 14 league matches without a win.

The following week was the 8-1 win at St. Albans in the FA cup and we were losing in that match just before half time.

At least a Friday match gives people who ground hop a chance to get to a new ground on the Saturday.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:25 pm

Whether or not you can attend the game I think we can all agree Friday night football is bloody brilliant
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:51 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Whether or not you can attend the game I think we can all agree Friday night football is bloody brilliant

That's correct. Always enjoyed Friday night home games
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
wink68 wrote:If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.

I doubt it.

I return from abroad late that night and miss the game...well done Mansfield.
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby my name is jonas » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:35 pm

I don’t mind it if it’s a one off, or maybe another near the back end of the season.
I don’t think it will and I wouldn’t want it to be a regular thing.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:58 pm

Pitkin wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
wink68 wrote:If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.

I doubt it.

if you’re that bothered cancel your holiday or come back earlier.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:59 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Whether or not you can attend the game I think we can all agree Friday night football is bloody brilliant

That's correct. Always enjoyed Friday night home games

Absolutely and it’ll give countless folk who can’t make saturdays games the chance to come along.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 pm

There are ups and downs for everyone so we just have to go along with it. I work Tuesday nights so miss a lot of evening games and every time a Saturday match is postponed in the winter it’s usually played on a spare Tuesday so I miss out again.. swings and roundabouts and the odd Friday game makes a change. We had a good night in Tranmere despite the result.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:17 pm

adamstag wrote:
Pitkin wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I doubt it.

Not one of your best posts tbh mate.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:43 pm

I'm surprised they want to play any games under lights given the cost of leccy.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 pm

scotsstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Pitkin wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I doubt it.

Not one of your best posts tbh mate.

happy with what i said, just bored with folk on here complaining about bloody everything, get over it.

Given some of the posts in here you’d have thought we’d have moved out home games 150 miles to be played on a wednesday afternoon.

It’s a friday nignt game as a one off, maybe 2 a season, get over it and stop complaining, such a big issue don’t get a season ticket next season.

simple.

crack on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum