{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Hartlepool (H) moved to Friday 30th Sept (19:45 KO)

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Oh you raspberries. :evil:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Not sure logic on that, our and their next game isn’t till following Saturday. Rules out lot of junior ticket holders ability to go and makes it a late night for their fans who generally travel well so perhaps fewer
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:13 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Not sure logic on that, our and their next game isn’t till following Saturday. Rules out lot of junior ticket holders ability to go and makes it a late night for their fans who generally travel well so perhaps fewer

They gave their logic last season, they like playing under the lights.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Feel let down by this as a season ticket holder just because they like playing under the lights !

I buy my season ticket expecting as many Saturday 3pm kick off cos that is the tradition of football in this country !

I'd understand if there are cancelled games for weather etc obviously nothing can be done about that but the club are making decisions that will put a proportion of their fan base out of pocket cos they cannot attend (I understand that it will suit some fans) and ruin the normal football experience for many without asking fans/customers if they agree ?
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby old ram stag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:29 pm

Will this be live on ifollow?
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:30 pm

old ram stag wrote:Will this be live on ifollow?

Yes, says so in the article.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:35 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:...without asking fans/customers if they agree ?

it was discussed at the fans forum with David Sharpe and Nigel Clough earlier in the year. They explained the reasons for moving some games to Friday night. My recollection is they asked for opinions and the general feeling was in favour of moving some.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:39 pm

How many fans attended the forum vs how many season ticket holders we have ?

Not every fan lives in the vicinity of Field Mill ! What about fans travelling from other parts of the country to support the stags and cant make it now for what ? Playing under the lights ?

Football generally is Saturday 3pm we have enough weekday games on Tuesdays we dont need anymore !
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:46 pm

I was under the impression they'd only ask to change if we had a game on the Tuesday to allow for more recovery time
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:How many fans attended the forum vs how many season ticket holders we have ?

Not every fan lives in the vicinity of Field Mill ! What about fans travelling from other parts of the country to support the stags and cant make it now for what ? Playing under the lights ?

Football generally is Saturday 3pm we have enough weekday games on Tuesdays we dont need anymore !

I understand your frustration. Coming from Surrey it doesn't make it easy for me.

However there will always be winners and losers with this sort of thing. There will be people who couldn't attend on Saturday who can on Friday night. And vice versa.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:50 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I was under the impression they'd only ask to change if we had a game on the Tuesday to allow for more recovery time

that wasn't the reason given at the fans forum (and wasn't the case for the Exeter game):

David Sharpe on Friday night game:
One of the reasons behind switching the Exeter game (to a Friday night), we both believe this place under lights is a special place to play football (unbelievable atmosphere).
Exeter weren't going to bring many (supporters) on a Saturday anyway. But I personally felt, the less (supporters) they (Exeter) bring, the better for us. Any advantage we can get is great.
Nigel Clough adds: it is different at night matches (the atmosphere), the floodlights and everything, I don't know what it is.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:00 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:How many fans attended the forum vs how many season ticket holders we have ?

I understand your frustration. Coming from Surrey it doesn't make it easy for me.

However there will always be winners and losers with this sort of thing. There will be people who couldn't attend on Saturday who can on Friday night. And vice versa.

Fully understand that it will suit some fans and I respect there will be differing opinions but when the fixtures were put out it was for Saturday 3pm surely the club must understand that it will be frustrating for fans as that was the given fixture date !

I know at the start of the season there is little chance of me making Tuesday night games however I still have my ST cos it supports the club, however to lose the sanctity of English footballs traditions of Saturday 3pm to move a game to play under the lights and cheese a proportion of fans off just doesn't make sense to me
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:05 pm

Ah excellent, will look forward to this.

will involve taking a half day but the games under the lights on friday nights have always been magical and a special atmosphere.

Plus it’s a friday so the younger fans will be alright, just a little late to bed.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:07 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Fully understand that it will suit some fans and I respect there will be differing opinions but when the fixtures were put out it was for Saturday 3pm surely the club must understand that it will be frustrating for fans as that was the given fixture date !

I know at the start of the season there is little chance of me making Tuesday night games however I still have my ST cos it supports the club, however to lose the sanctity of English footballs traditions of Saturday 3pm to move a game to play under the lights and cheese a proportion of fans off just doesn't make sense to me

completely get that. However I also think it was completely clear from what David Sharpe and Nigel Clough said last season that at least one, maybe two, Saturday games would be moved to a Friday night.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:29 pm

I don't understand why the EFL allow clubs to do this without good reason. People will plan around the fixture list and whilst unforseen things can happen, that's not the case here. We can hardly complain if other clubs now do the same thing to us to reduce our away support. It doesn't really affect me, but it's not right.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:44 pm

Rob wrote:I don't understand why the EFL allow clubs to do this without good reason. People will plan around the fixture list and whilst unforseen things can happen, that's not the case here. We can hardly complain if other clubs now do the same thing to us to reduce our away support. It doesn't really affect me, but it's not right.

I thought both teams had to agree. So on that basis we could refuse and protect our away support.
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 pm

It's all a bit Thomas.
All those who work evenings on Friday are up t'creek now ☹️
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:It's all a bit Thomas.
All those who work evenings on Friday are up t'creek now ☹️

And all those who work Saturday might be able to go now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm

There’s always going to be those that lose out, like if we have a game postponed and then a tuesday or it’s because someone’s in the FA cup etc, just have to get on with it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:29 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I was under the impression they'd only ask to change if we had a game on the Tuesday to allow for more recovery time

I'm under the impression they're doing it to purposefully reduce crowds because they won't have the pre match queues under control by then
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:35 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

I'm under the impression they're doing it to purposefully reduce crowds because they won't have the pre match queues under control by then

it was fine against Stockport wasn't it?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

it was fine against Stockport wasn't it?

Yeah. pretty much
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:45 pm

If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:51 pm

wink68 wrote:If you bought a season ticket when this as a Saturday fixture could you claim some money back if you can't now make it.

I doubt it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum