{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:36 pm

Great report, can't fault it. Lapslie also my MOTM, showing vision and concentration of a higher level. Boateng will have to fit in with him somehow, because I don't see how Lapslie can be dropped to the bench, if he keeps that standard up.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:10 pm

Maris and Clarke were also superb; finding space, making tackles and interceptions and excellent passing stats. Clarke my MOTM, setting up the penalty and Maris’s goal having had little game time this season.
Hard to drop any of those three but with the quality of Boateng and Hartigan I don’t envy Clough having to make the decision when they are all fit.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby five to three » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:21 pm

I thought Harbottle had a great game and is really starting to look good. He seems to be overlooked.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:14 pm

five to three wrote:I thought Harbottle had a great game and is really starting to look good. He seems to be overlooked.

don't think I've seen his name mentioned since the game, he's been better than I expected so far. a lot of learning for him to do but his base level looks good enough. two goals too is important, set pieces will be huge for us again this season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 pm

Do we know how many of the 5709 weren't at the game.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm

wink68 wrote:Do we know how many of the 5709 weren't at the game.

I haven't a clue how many people were in the ground. Probably your guess is as good as the club's.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

no. We're not going to get that information in future, just how many tickets (including season tickets) were sold
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

no. We're not going to get that information in future, just how many tickets (including season tickets) were sold

It's very unsatisfactory. It's going to be difficult in the future to predict whether the game is going to be a big draw or not. Historical stats are going to be meaningless, for comparison purposes.

Yes, there are bigger problems around, but why volunteer to cause minor problems for no useful reason? The club knows how many people attended, so although there might be a "tickets sold" figure, why not recognise that there's some interest in comparing attendances?

Without stats and history, football is just another sport. Almost every football discussion, article and report brings in a historical context of some sort, usually involving stats. Break the continuity too much and you break the game.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 pm

on the attendances, I can't tell you why as I don't know. Only that I gather most clubs are doing it this way.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:12 pm

my detailed report is now on

If you read the original report, you only need to read from DETAILED REPORT downwards.

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1172
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:32 pm

Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

It's very unsatisfactory. It's going to be difficult in the future to predict whether the game is going to be a big draw or not. Historical stats are going to be meaningless, for comparison purposes.

Yes, there are bigger problems around, but why volunteer to cause minor problems for no useful reason? The club knows how many people attended, so although there might be a "tickets sold" figure, why not recognise that there's some interest in comparing attendances?

Without stats and history, football is just another sport. Almost every football discussion, article and report brings in a historical context of some sort, usually involving stats. Break the continuity too much and you break the game.

Apparently it’s not the first season we have been counting like this.

It’s more obvious now we have a lot more season tickets and more free under seven kids season tickets.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

Just makes it pretty much irrelevant announceing it then. Next step is I watch us lose 1 nil and pick Sundays paper up to find we won 2-1.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:05 am

Martin Shaw wrote:on the attendances, I can't tell you why as I don't know. Only that I gather most clubs are doing it this way.

Can you ask someone Martin. I can't see why but if it has some sort of financial benefit then fair enough if it's to look good or just easier then tell us how many went through a turnstile. Presume the new all bells and whistles system actually counts them, but maybe not as it doesn't seem to want to let anybody in.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:18 am

wink68 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:on the attendances, I can't tell you why as I don't know. Only that I gather most clubs are doing it this way.

Can you ask someone Martin. I can't see why but if it has some sort of financial benefit then fair enough if it's to look good or just easier then tell us how many went through a turnstile. Presume the new all bells and whistles system actually counts them, but maybe not as it doesn't seem to want to let anybody in.

So.we only had about 1000 non season ticket fans there ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:21 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
wink68 wrote:

So.we only had about 1000 non season ticket fans there ?

it would seem so approximately:
5709 minus 294 Wimbledon minus 4450 season ticket holders = 965 other tickets sold
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:16 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am

Good mark for Lapslie i see, i agree with that Martin, I just hope Cloughie doesnt stick him on bench when his mate Akins is fit again
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:32 am

Just on about attendances, Chesterfield v Wrexham tuesday night was 8057, but in reality it may have not been that !??
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 am

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Just on about attendances, Chesterfield v Wrexham tuesday night was 8057, but in reality it may have not been that !??

Chesterfield have been including all season ticket holders in the attendance for years
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:50 am

George Maris was brilliant. 10 out of 10 and my MOM. Ollie Clarke and George Lapslie were also excellent (9.5) closely followed by Jordan Bowery (9)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 pm

Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Completely agree, it's a nonsense! I'm on holiday so watched remotely but apparently I was there too!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Completely agree, it's a nonsense! I'm on holiday so watched remotely but apparently I was there too!

Same here mate. I was there on Tuesday, but due to other commitments I can't do any Saturday games in first 3 months of the season.
For the first home game, me and my mate were in Suffolk as well as going to Field Mill. This weekend I will be at the match while being in Norfolk, and over the coming months will be attending home matches while in Suffolk, Derbyshire, Yorkshire, and Northamptonshire.
An absolutely farcical way of counting 'attendances'.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 pm

My son ST holder was texting watching game, from South of France. Its a farce
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:34 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:George Maris was brilliant. 10 out of 10 and my MOM. Ollie Clarke and George Lapslie were also excellent (9.5) closely followed by Jordan Bowery (9)

I’ve made a point of watching Maris a lot closer so far this season and he just oozes quality. He looks way above League 2 standard on his current form. I’m hoping that he’s not on the radar of any top end League One clubs before the window shuts.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum