{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Nigel really that good??

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Nigel really that good??

Postby broomo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Suttonian wrote:Only Derby, Sheff Utd, Burton & us

I can guarantee there will be at least 2 dozen who have bought season tickets at Mansfield purely because Nigel moved here as manager. There'll be another dozen or so who go to games semi regularly.

The same 2 dozen (at least) would have had season tickets at the other clubs he's managed.

It's not as rare as you make out. I could say with 99.9% certainty there will be friends and family of managers up and down the land who support clubs because of who is in charge.

What is rare is that one of them (2 with Bear) continuously post on forums despite the stick they take (and give). For example being called a Nigel bum licker isn't the nicest of things to have to read about yourself just for sharing your views on a forum.

(please don't delete that Mods, I'm not insulting anyone, only making a point)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:02 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::shock: :shock: Its opened my eyes anyway , people who support managers

;) Do these exist at other clubs :?: :lol: :lol: :?:

Bizarre innit?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:47 pm

broomo wrote:

I can guarantee there will be at least 2 dozen who have bought season tickets at Mansfield purely because Nigel moved here as manager. There'll be another dozen or so who go to games semi regularly.

The same 2 dozen (at least) would have had season tickets at the other clubs he's managed.

It's not as rare as you make out. I could say with 99.9% certainty there will be friends and family of managers up and down the land who support clubs because of who is in charge.

What is rare is that one of them (2 with Bear) continuously post on forums despite the stick they take (and give). For example being called a Nigel bum licker isn't the nicest of things to have to read about yourself just for sharing your views on a forum.

How are you going to guarantee that then?

Maybe I should have put a :D at the end of my previous message
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:53 pm

Suttonian wrote:
broomo wrote:

How are you going to guarantee that then?

Maybe I should have put a :D at the end of my previous message

I guarantee it because I know them and I see some of them milling around whenever I go, home and away.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 am

Tiny little Mansfield Town will be so grateful for these 2 dozen (at least) proper fans
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Elkesley Stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:45 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::shock: :shock: Its opened my eyes anyway , people who support managers

They do , A workmate of mine from Kirkby started following Southend United after Dave Smith "" left "" the stags and started managing Southend. They used to play as many games as possible on Friday night , which meant him leaving work at 1pm and going straight to Southend . His marriage ended , cant imagine why , and when we all got made redundant he actually moved down to Essex to have less travelling . Last I heard he was still darn sarf and following Southend . Southend must have had over 20 or so different managers since the1970's so I suppose his devotion to Dave Smith did not last that long or he would have moved on to his next club , but his initial interest in them was by following the new manager .
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:28 am

Big yella wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Moving onto proper fan nothing to do with me, you pay your money and watch the game,

Nothing to do with you!!!

Your the one who uses the phrase at least twice a week against “proper thick and thin fans” every time someone has the temerity to question anything about Clough.

I am trying to think of something related to football about this post, here goes i have never accepted village mentality and football is for the masses,
Looking back on my posts proper fan has only been used against me, , but i do question opinions that i dont agree with.
I must admit though season ticket holders are the bread and butter of any club. and i envy every last one of them.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:32 am

yorkshire stag wrote:

i guess we’ve never had to think about it before, as who would have supported our ex Managers?

Dave Smith, Ian Greaves maybe but as you say i’ve never heard of it before

I bet Evans has a huge following (especially from fast food outlets).
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 pm

Back on topic ,he is the best we could have appointed ,his record speaks volumes ,but like most he has ways which some find difficult to understand ,but if hes happy with what he has we have to get on with it ,harbottle will develope into a good centre back and i think he will only get better for us given games ,so we move hawkins up top if needed
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:33 pm

Costastag wrote:Back on topic ,he is the best we could have appointed ,his record speaks volumes ,but like most he has ways which some find difficult to understand ,but if hes happy with what he has we have to get on with it ,harbottle will develope into a good centre back and i think he will only get better for us given games ,so we move hawkins up top if needed

Back off topic, a new username I see :lol: It's the space comma that gave you away ......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Only because i couldn,t remember my password
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Costastag wrote:Only because i couldn,t remember my password

I'm only pulling your leg ;) I think Costastag is better, it either means you live in Spain or love coffee.

It'll be a huge mistake in my opinion if Clough does not strengthen our squad, he clearly has the funds so any squad shortages later on in the season will be solely on his head.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:50 pm

Rob wrote:

I'm only pulling your leg ;) I think Costastag is better, it either means you live in Spain or love coffee.

It'll be a huge mistake in my opinion if Clough does not strengthen our squad, he clearly has the funds so any squad shortages later on in the season will be solely on his head.

Busted :lol: :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:55 pm

Rob wrote:

How are you so sure he definitely has the funds Rob?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Busted :lol: :lol:

Nah honest as the day is long ;)
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Moving onto proper fan nothing to do with me, you pay your money and watch the game,

Your the one who uses the phrase at least twice a week against “proper thick and thin fans” every time someone has the temerity to question anything about Clough.

I am trying to think of something related to football about this post, here goes i have never accepted village mentality and football is for the masses,
Looking back on my posts proper fan has only been used against me, , but i do question opinions that i dont agree with.
I must admit though season ticket holders are the bread and butter of any club. and i envy every last one of them.

Liar.

You are always questioning if people are “proper fans” on here, every time there dare to question Clough or give their opinion that it has been a poor performance.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:12 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:

He always has. He wouldn't expect promotion if he wasn't prepared to fund it, he expects promotion. A positive for JR is that, unlike Evans, Clough isn't throwing his money about like confetti, but he will back Clough to the hilt. If you can come up with the name of a player Clough wanted to sign and JR told him no, then please tell .......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:45 pm

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:

He always has. He wouldn't expect promotion if he wasn't prepared to fund it, he expects promotion. A positive for JR is that, unlike Evans, Clough isn't throwing his money about like confetti, but he will back Clough to the hilt. If you can come up with the name of a player Clough wanted to sign and JR told him no, then please tell .......

He's certainly been incredible in his backing of all managers.

I hope it continues.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:55 pm

Big yella wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Liar.

You are always questioning if people are “proper fans” on here, every time there dare to question Clough or give their opinion that it has been a poor performance.

Liar is a big statement while not football relate.
I have looked back on 100 of my last posts and the word proper fans has been brought up once By you.
On post 94.
You should know by now even the slightest interference that N-C has made a error from us so called fans will rile the bear.
So your statement is false.
and going back to the thread just youtibe what Sharpe quoted on his appointment, we are lucky to have him.
Not my statement, the Clubs,
NOT PROPER FANS not one mention in over 100 posts from me.
I see our fans every match day clapping and cheering the players.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:57 pm

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:

He's certainly been incredible in his backing of all managers.

I hope it continues.

I think sadly JR has previously been daft with appointments of managers which is why hopefully with the director of football we’d become more stable in both recruitment of managers but also an overarching style of play.

I still maintain to this day he was right to get rid of flitcroft, and many reports of him afterwards proved the point, but if you’re going to get rid of someone you can only do so if you’re improving.

What’s curious about those who question clough is who they think we could attract that has a better pedigree than him.

We’re a club on the up, yes we’ve done the standard mansfield thing and messed it up but 5/6 years ago we were lucky to get total crowds of 4,700 or so, now to have that alone as season tickets show where we’re going.

For those old enough imagine clough and radford to the days or haslam and palmer. be careful what you wish for.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:59 am

bear 73 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Liar.

Liar is a big statement while not football relate.
I have looked back on 100 of my last posts and the word proper fans has been brought up once By you.
On post 94.
You should know by now even the slightest interference that N-C has made a error from us so called fans will rile the bear.
So your statement is false.
and going back to the thread just youtibe what Sharpe quoted on his appointment, we are lucky to have him.
Not my statement, the Clubs,
NOT PROPER FANS not one mention in over 100 posts from me.
I see our fans every match day clapping and cheering the players.

But you never call us Stags, not Clough, fans into question, right? Liar.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 am

Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:

It's about to be tested.

We need JR to come good more than ever over the next 10 days.

I hope and I'm sure he will.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 am

Oh dear i see you have lost it, explains a lot, the truth always prevails.
proper fan, nevr a term i would use its so childish.
But i had to look to see if somehow i had followed suit and used it.
But no my gut was correct i had not.
I apologize for being polite its my nature
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:42 am

broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:
broomo wrote:
Rob wrote:

It's about to be tested.

We need JR to come good more than ever over the next 10 days.
Im sure what ever the outcome JR will do what is best for the club, to late for sat
I hope and I'm sure he will.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 pm

No bear it's down to Clough and his team to get the right players, JR has done his bit, he always does.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum