{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wombles scorefred sponsored by shooting blanks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wombles scorefred sponsored by shooting blanks

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:29 pm

Lapslie was dominant tonight, back to his best, and was instrumental in the turnaround. His reading of the game and attacking quality is from two leagues higher.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:29 pm

Some of those pinged passes from Hartigan, wow.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:30 pm

adamstag wrote:
broomo wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Some of the early comments on here! :lol:

Ok so shall we just close all match threads and comment on the result. Are people not allowed to comment on what is happening right in front of them.

We were awful first 20. Can't argue that. The comeback so far has been great though make no mistake.

And and I type it's 4! We certainly turned this round. Pinned them back they can't get out. Definitely the better side now.

There's comments and then there's comments though AWC.

He's taken us back to the Coughlan era?

I don't care how short a time I've been a Mansfield fan, the football we have played this past 12 months or so has been some of the best ever witnessed at Field Mill.

If you can't see or acknowledge that, there is no hope.

Poor first 20, brilliant from there on in.

Laps brilliant, Clarke very good indeed, nice to see Jordan put some real quality balls in, the 3rd goal was a thing of beauty, great header for the 4th and lovely to see Swan get a tap in.

Hartigan looks a player. Fingers crossed Oatesy is ok.

In fairness broomo to suggest that clough has had us playing anything like coughlan is bordering on the ridiculous.

The football style, the points per game ratio, the entertainment, the goals, it’s not even comparible.

He’s far from perfect and if he was top notch he wouldn’t be in league 2, i still believe it’s a matter of urgency that he addresses the CB and forward options, but put it this way - would a side under coughlan have come back from 2-0?

We wouldn’t have any wingers as coughlan got rid of them and made us one dimensional and predictable for a start, just no.

Probably best to take the comment back and go again pal.

Read it again Adam.

It was AWC who made the Coughlan comment adding that it was serving up slop.

I repeated it to show how utterly pathetic a comment it was.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 pm

broomo wrote:
adamstag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Ok so shall we just close all match threads and comment on the result. Are people not allowed to comment on what is happening right in front of them.

We were awful first 20. Can't argue that. The comeback so far has been great though make no mistake.

And and I type it's 4! We certainly turned this round. Pinned them back they can't get out. Definitely the better side now.

I don't care how short a time I've been a Mansfield fan, the football we have played this past 12 months or so has been some of the best ever witnessed at Field Mill.

Laps brilliant, Clarke very good indeed, nice to see Jordan put some real quality balls in, the 3rd goal was a thing of beauty, great header for the 4th and lovely to see Swan get a tap in.

In fairness broomo to suggest that clough has had us playing anything like coughlan is bordering on the ridiculous.

The football style, the points per game ratio, the entertainment, the goals, it’s not even comparible.

He’s far from perfect and if he was top notch he wouldn’t be in league 2, i still believe it’s a matter of urgency that he addresses the CB and forward options, but put it this way - would a side under coughlan have come back from 2-0?

We wouldn’t have any wingers as coughlan got rid of them and made us one dimensional and predictable for a start, just no.

Read it again Adam.

It was AWC who made the Coughlan comment adding that it was serving up slop.

I repeated it to show how utterly pathetic a comment it was.

Ah well then sorry. AWC get a grip haha
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:We are atrocious.

Clough has taken us back to Coughlan era with this slop.

Hahahahahahahaha
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Has there been any word on Oates injury yet?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:36 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Has there been any word on Oates injury yet?

Clough said he’s hurt his chest/arm but not sure as of yet how bad it is. The doctor didn’t look concerned or take him down the tunnel so I imagine it’s a sprain at worst.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Lapslie and Clarke need to start more Cloughie.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:43 pm

What a game have we seen tonight!! Shambles for the first twenty minutes but then we saw a side show character and heart and a definite belief in the way they are trying to play. I must admit though I don’t get Bowery starting at RWB when there are two sat on the bench and especially after his first two crosses went straight to the keeper. But as my mate said it was great to see a game with tackles going in and the team trying to attack
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:45 pm

adamstag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Yeah that was a tongue in cheek comment. It was in relation to 352 formation not what he's achieved in his stint as gaffer.

I'm not stupid I know when my comments are incendiary and it usually sparks a few comments. Why so quick to be offended. Cheer up we just won 5.2
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

To be fair to AWC no-one challenged his comment until page 6 of the thread when we got back to 2-2.
At the time he posted it I would imagine plenty of folk agreed.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

A little strange how Lapslie didn’t get man of the match
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby m1cksut » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 pm

broomo wrote:

what a stupid statement!
dave smiths teams would have walked over anything seen at the mill in the last 3 seasons.
nigel has done nowt yet, here!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

To be fair to AWC no-one challenged his comment until page 6 of the thread when we got back to 2-2.

I'd imagine at the time a lot of people were watching the game and not commenting on here until it had finished.

And if anyone agreed with the Coughlan and slop comments they're daft as a brush.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm

Akins back in Saturday.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 pm

m1cksut wrote:
broomo wrote:

what a stupid statement!
dave smiths teams would have walked over anything seen at the mill in the last 3 seasons.

To be fair that was nearly 50 years ago so the vast majority of us didn’t get to enjoy that.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 pm

Stag95 wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
broomo wrote:

what a stupid statement!

To be fair that was nearly 50 years ago so the vast majority of us didn’t get to enjoy that.

It’s the best league 2 football we’ve served up since dearden, which was 20 years ago.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:57 pm

A shaky start to put it mildly.

Davison looked very good for them, carrying on where he left off for Swindon.

Even at 2 down I was impressed with the fact we still kept trying to play our football (even when it was going wrong).

Two soft goals to concede, especially with 3 centre halves but to their credit each of them went to have good games from that point forwards.

I thought the penalty was soft and the sending off harsh, Quinn went down in true Quinn style and the ref bought it, having said that their player gave the referee a decision to make.

The second half was one of the best examples you’re likely to see of how to play against 10 men We moved the ball quickly and decisively, our movement off the ball was excellent and barely gave them a sniff.

Clarke was excellent, all action, driving us forward and a reminder of just how good a player he can be. Maris is like a Rolls-Royce, he’s so calm and classy on the ball, he’s one of the best midfielders in the division. Bowery was excellent all night too.

Plenty of reasons to be very positive after that performance.

A very entertaining and enjoyable game of football.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:58 pm

broomo wrote:

LOL

Stop embarrassing yourself and give this this section a read

https://www.stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/reports.html
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

Most of us went to the game and couldn't be arsed to post on here
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 pm

Maris, Clarke and Lapslie very good. The more advanced role suited Lapslie, he’s better running in behind and getting into the box than he is facing play with the ball.

O’Toole had a dodgy first twenty with the ball but after that was the catalyst for a lot of good moves. I think the wide centre back role suits very well in possession, he’s uses the ball very well in the most part and it allows him to be in more advanced areas.

Thought Macca was poor tonight. Still not sure the LWB role suits him, gets caught out of position a lot defensively, seems to have given him a sense of diminished defensive responsibility.

Hartigan looked excellent, the game suited his style. I only remember him giving the ball away once. And it looks like the set piece expert has already been knocked off set pieces :lol:

Defensively we need work, but again it’s no surprise when we’ve been unable to name the same back three on any league game so far.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:04 pm

Beano wrote:
broomo wrote:

LOL

Stop embarrassing yourself and give this this section a read

https://www.stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/reports.html

I'm not embarrassed at all.

Did you miss the part where I said "SOME" of the best?

LOL :roll:
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm

I thought the midfield three of Clarke, Lapslie and Marris ran the show tonight. For me Marris was man of the match he never put a foot wrong all game.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:13 pm

Just watched the highlights. Lapslie onside for the opener and was a stone wall pen. More difficult to see if he was onside for the equaliser or if Sean was onside for his goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum