{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Message to Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Message to Nigel

Postby broomo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 am

oldweststander wrote:
Oladamber66 wrote:I know its all about opinions..but this really is a poor topic from the very start .totally unnecessary picking the bones over something thats not even a problem ... all very dramatic we look like relegation fodder just after 3 games.. in nigel we trust

Not sure anyone suggested we are relegation fodder. Just pointing out the need for a new mobile centre back if we are to do better than last season, then suddenly the World caves in.

You would think I'd committed sacrilege.

My Stagsnet respite period begins today, the forum has become a graveyard of personal opinion, dominated by a certain few.

Bye for now.

10% of the comments on this thread are yours.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:14 am

broomo wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Oladamber66 wrote:I know its all about opinions..but this really is a poor topic from the very start .totally unnecessary picking the bones over something thats not even a problem ... all very dramatic we look like relegation fodder just after 3 games.. in nigel we trust

Not sure anyone suggested we are relegation fodder. Just pointing out the need for a new mobile centre back if we are to do better than last season, then suddenly the World caves in.

My Stagsnet respite period begins today, the forum has become a graveyard of personal opinion, dominated by a certain few.

Bye for now.

Broomo, you above all should know, explanations attract criticism and hence more explanations etc.

Bye all, for now, post what you will.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:10 am

You shouldn’t let them get to you OWS. your opinions are as valid as anyones and your contributions are welcomed by me at least.

Now what was that old Roman saying about grinding down. Better not post it though or someone will be up in arms about the language and name calling even if you can’t quote it without using those words.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:17 am

oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Bye for now.

Broomo, you above all should know, explanations attract criticism and hence more explanations etc.

I do.

I would encourage you not to stop posting.

I know it gets tiring, especially when it seems it's coming from all sides but it passes (until it starts again).

You'll miss not posting. Especially when you feel you have something to say that no-one else has said.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Bye for now.

It's not an airport departure lounge.....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I've been a member of this site and the previous iterations of it for at least the last 25 years and this thread is easily in the Top 5 most embarrassing. Well done everyone.

Was just about to post same
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm

The One wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I've been a member of this site and the previous iterations of it for at least the last 25 years and this thread is easily in the Top 5 most embarrassing. Well done everyone.

Was just about to post same

What's wrong with it?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Remember those halcyon days when Matt Green scored a late winner at Brisbane Rd?

We can't blame the weather here, a team did win and it wasn't us, we could have won that easily but we didn't due to lack of quality. sadly we had so little goal mouth threat that we could play til.next Saturday and still be Mansfield 0. Was it a mix up at the back for their goal, could we have done better, yeah, sure. But were we ever going to win? From the minute Macca picked up the ball for the penalty, no. Sorry. If you don't put your first minute pens away you're on a hiding to nothing.

We are crying out for some better players here. Please Clough, we've been near, but not.good.enough. I think it'll just take a decent striker. We didn't wilt in the heat. Today's summary is simple: all fart no poo.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:33 pm

Oates should be grabbing that ball all day long for penalties, no slight on Macca but your CF should be taking any pens .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:06 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Oates should be grabbing that ball all day long for penalties, no slight on Macca but your CF should be taking any pens .

Everyone can play everywhere, so Macca is a CF.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Oates should be grabbing that ball all day long for penalties, no slight on Macca but your CF should be taking any pens .

If you still live in the 90's
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:49 pm

Stanty wouldn't have let a left back anywhere near a penalty. Perhaps the football back then was much better, than this " players can play anywhere"age.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Are you saying the quality of the football was better back then?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:09 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Are you saying the quality of the football was better back then?

I wouldn't be surprised if you read his other posts
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:24 pm

Mansfield 1
Johnson 5
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:51 am

broomo wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Bye for now.

90% of the comments are not
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby zod » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:40 am

adamstag wrote:Mansfield 1
Johnson 5

More worrying, Mansfield’s goal scored by a defender.
I don’t get this Johnson doesn’t fit clough’s system.
You pass the ball to a striker and he sticks it in the net.
Obviously there has been a massive falling out or clash or personalities.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sharp » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:52 am

bigalstag1 wrote:Stanty wouldn't have let a left back anywhere near a penalty. Perhaps the football back then was much better, than this " players can play anywhere"age.

Didn’t Steve Charles take penalties n the 92 side?
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:04 am

Sharp wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Stanty wouldn't have let a left back anywhere near a penalty. Perhaps the football back then was much better, than this " players can play anywhere"age.

Yes :lol:

Ooh Charlie, Charlie! One of my favourites.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Sharp wrote:

Yes :lol:

Ooh Charlie, Charlie! One of my favourites.

And he missed quite a few too...
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:54 pm

My message to Nigel, keep winning 5-2 and I'll be very happy :D

To be perfectly honest a 1-0 win will be perfectly acceptable too :)
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Bob Curtis (RB)missed one in his entire career I think at Charlton and Mansfield, Sam Ellis (CH) was a very good penalty taker for us…
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum