{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Postby 88BenM » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Absolutely shambolic away from home this lot are. Couldn't score in a brothel.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:08 pm

If you could boil my 45 years supporting Mansfield into one game, that game would be it.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm

SIGN

A

STRIKER
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Just typical Mansfield
Miss a pen
Miss one on one
Miss a couple of really good chances
They break and score a goal very similar to the ones concealed v Salford
To rub it in Our player Scores his 5th in the same league for a rival club(sorry that’s criminal)

Lessons need to be learnt sharpish
Striker needed
Centre half needed
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm

88BenM wrote:Absolutely shambolic away from home this lot are. Couldn't score in a brothel.

We’ll be home from away next week so it’ll be fine.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Same old ,same old, toothless up front and always at least one mistake at the back. Nothings changed and we are struggling again with injuries as per last season.

Yep. You’ve hit the nail on the head. Only played 4 games this season but yet again we’re incredibly wasteful in front of goal, always have a mistake in us at the back and seem to be riddled with injuries and knocks already. All the usual Stags habits.

We don’t have enough goals in this team to go up do we. Not scored from open play yet in our three league games this season. Concerning.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:12 pm

2 forwards needed 1 centre back and one right back

5 3 2 isn’t bringing in the points so let’s change it.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:12 pm

SeanieStag wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:In the league this season, Danny Johnson has scored 5 times as many goals as the whole Stags squad combined. That’s why we’re losing.

What a stupid comment and on this thread that takes some doing.

Who was their man of the match?

How do you think we’ll win football matches without scoring? Serious question. I would love you to answer because maybe you know something the rest of the footballing world doesn’t.

1. Danny Johnson doesn't fit in Clough's system. his signing was a mistake and Clough didn't see enough in him to change what works for Oates
2. Oates didn't look capable of scoring 5 in 4 when he played for us
3. If you create chances with a penalty and three chances for someone people were scared of losing to a higher level last season, it will normally pay off
4. Their keeper was Man of the match which would tell most cogent thinkers something
5. We have lost two league because we have both failed to score and conceded poor goals
6. Clough made it clear that the club has had substantial bids rejected for decent strikers so it is not for want of trying.
Last edited by georgefostersbeard on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:13 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Conker wrote:Admittedly this is the sort of defeat that hurts a lot, because I dunno about everyone else but I went in to half-time convinced it would end 1-0 Orient, it’s very much typical of Mansfield away from home, either we turn up and cannot hit a barn door like today or we don’t turn up at all.

Recruitment has been poor and other teams have improved (like Orient)

what a load of raspberry, so reactionary
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:14 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Conker wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:In the league this season, Danny Johnson has scored 5 times as many goals as the whole Stags squad combined. That’s why we’re losing.

Danny Johnson goal record has absolutely nothing to do with while we’re losing.

Maybe not but letting a goal scorer go to a rival in the same division and not replacing him with a better quality goal scorer is criminal..

Hmm can't really argue with that , however he is only on loan until Christmas
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm

1970Stag wrote:So glad we’ve hit the ground running because we kept the bulk of the squad together and didn’t need time to gel which we would have if Clough had made wholesale changes. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Yep :lol:

Admittedly we have got relatively tough fixtures for our first 10 games but I’m positive we’ll be sat in the bottom third after 10 games like we always are, having to play catch up yet again.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm

SeanieStag wrote:

How do you think we’ll win football matches without scoring? Serious question. I would love you to answer because maybe you know something the rest of the footballing world doesn’t.

1. Danny Johnson doesn't in Clough's system. his signing was a mistake and Clough didn't see enough in him to change what works for Oates
3. If you create chances with a penalty and three chances for someone people were scared of losing to a higher level last season, it will normally pay off
4. Their keeper was Man of the match which would tell most cogent thinkers something
5. We have lost two league because we have both failed to score and conceded poor goals
6. Clough made it clear that the club has had substantial bids rejected for decent strikers so it is not for want of trying.

So we let players go (Johnson this year) Sweeney and others (last year) without having a clue who we are going to get to replace them and end up with Nartey, Forrester and Swan, who would get bullied in an under 14 game. Doesn't sound great management to me.
Last edited by victor A block on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Conker wrote:Admittedly this is the sort of defeat that hurts a lot, because I dunno about everyone else but I went in to half-time convinced it would end 1-0 Orient, it’s very much typical of Mansfield away from home, either we turn up and cannot hit a barn door like today or we don’t turn up at all.

what a load of raspberry, so reactionary

I don’t think it is. A fair few teams teams have improved massively like Orient and Walsall.

Poor recruitment for me because we needed a different type of striker and a few defenders. Somehow we’ve ended up with two CMs to add to the other 50 and a couple of kids from forest.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Nigel Clough interview on BBC Radio Nottingham -

Difference was in the boxes, we had chances but didn't take them.
Performance was good.
We need someone to get us a goal. Oates had 3 one on ones and should be scoring at least one.
We were unfortunate today.
Will Swan isn't getting a break. We aren't getting the luck at the minute.
We haven't played badly this season so far even though we have lost 3 out of 4 games. Someone has got to put the ball in the net.
Hawkins injured with his hamstring.
Boateng went off with a tight hamstring. Shouldn't be too long out.
We played well enough to win the game today, never mind draw.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:19 pm

victor A block wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:

1. Danny Johnson doesn't in Clough's system. his signing was a mistake and Clough didn't see enough in him to change what works for Oates

So we let players go (Johnson this year) Sweeney (last year) without having a clue who we are going to get to replace them and end up with Nartey and Swan. Doesn't sound great management to me.

That will be the same Ryan Sweeney who had to find a club in Scotland and hasn't really set the world on fire since leaving us? I don't really remember many people mourning his departure.

I also don't remember you clamouring for Johnson to play until Oates lost form towards the end of last season.

So you don't think we have a great management team? Do you remember Evans breaking the bank and Dempster and Coughlan? Jeesh, memories are short on here
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:20 pm

1970Stag wrote:So glad we’ve hit the ground running because we kept the bulk of the squad together and didn’t need time to gel which we would have if Clough had made wholesale changes. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Said it since end of last season and got told I don’t know what I’m talking about on here… Clough strategy of keeping squad together and assuming we’ll go on another mega run but just avoid doing a bad run is ridiculous! We were crying out for improvement in defence, pace, entering midfield, wingers and most important a clinical striker or 2. We have signed none of these, just added Boetang who is decent as is Pym, the rest are meh and don’t add anything to what we have on bench but don’t use!
Going to be a long season unless Clough stops being stubborn and a) plays his best side, in a formation that suits, b) signs the quality we need up front and in defence…and adds Pace, we are so 1-paced it’s painful to watch!

Rant over, sick of the same issues year on year , different players/managers yet seem to struggle with the same problems. I’m sure we’re cursed!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Johnny H » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:23 pm

victor A block wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:

So we let players go (Johnson this year) Sweeney and others (last year) without having a clue who we are going to get to replace them and end up with Nartey, Forrester and Swan. Doesn't sound great management to me.

Exactly this.....

He has released players far better than those we have signed.
Swan as a main striker is criminal......he is nowhere near ready and James Gale is a far better option (at least he will knock a few defenders about)
We had bids knocked back for Nicols and Rodrigues (+1 other) allegedly......I would rather have Johnson as a main striker than any of those
Oates is not a CF...he is ideal in a front 3 in one of the wider options, but not so good centrally, we dont play a front 3!
Not watched the game today......did O'Toole play a fair amount of it as a holding midfielder ??....or have I read that wrong !!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:26 pm

lifestags wrote:Here goes:

There is no way we should of lost this match, it’s sums us up this season, can’t finish our chances and fragile at the back, the most annoying thing is how we react after going a goal down, we did it last season as well, stop what we were doing which was working and look like a team that has no idea, after being able to play through them time and time again, we made poor poor decisions in the final third and its cost us.

Macca is well off it so far this season, Harbottle is rash and jumps in and gets caught out of position, Swan for me does not look physical enough for league 2, his best game as against Derby who gave us time on the ball, when he has played in physical league 2 he goes missing. We desperately need a striker and another centre back.

Correct and If I was JR I’d certainly be very worried this is quickly turning into a repeat of last season and will be playing catch up ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Clough's treading on egg shells .. to much of a tinkerman !
If they play like that in our next 2 homes we shall lose them both !
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby diablo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Conker wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

If you think you can confidently judge our recruitment before the window has ended and three games in you’ve been drinking somert dodgey in my opinion mate.

So if Oates get injured who do we put up front?..Swan is very lightweight and easily brushed of the ball and the only striker on the bench is Gale who is inexperienced. Getting Johnson back appears to be a NO No as he would have signed permanently for Walsall if the cash had been available.Johnson is obviously not wanted or needed at Mansfield. It does appear the Manager prefers Hawkins at the back but if he moves him upfront it leaves Perkins or Hewitt in the centre of the defence and to be honest that is not the answer
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Eastern Green Stag wrote:Clough's treading on egg shells .. to much of a tinkerman !
If they play like that in our next 2 homes we shall lose them both !

I thought we played quite well. We just didn't take our chances.

Mind, it must be hard to watch football if you're blind.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:31 pm

diablo wrote:
Conker wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

If you think you can confidently judge our recruitment before the window has ended and three games in you’ve been drinking somert dodgey in my opinion mate.

So if Oates get injured who do we put up front?..Swan is very lightweight and easily brushed of the ball and the only striker on the bench is Gale who is inexperienced. Getting Johnson back appears to be a NO No as he would have signed permanently for Walsall if the cash had been available.Johnson is obviously not wanted or needed at Mansfield. It does appear the Manager prefers Hawkins at the back but if he moves him upfront it leaves Perkins or Hewitt in the centre of the defence and to be honest that is not the answer

We’ve had a few ‘significant’ bids rejected for attackers, the window is not let closed. Danny Johnson was not the anwser last season and won’t be this season, yes we do need a striker but we need to make sure it’s the right one and it’s not like we haven’t been trying.
Last edited by Conker on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:32 pm

Totally dominated the first half and should have been 2 or 3 ahead.

Second half we were a different team and allowed Orient to grow in confidence and in the end were lucky it was only 1.

Tuesday is now a massive must not lose game to prevent confidence from falling through our boots.

Injuries are already playing a big part and I don’t think Oates is as fit as we think. Very controversial but I would rest him on Tuesday and give James Gale the chance to show us he’s got the talent many of us suspect he has. They are two similar players and resting Oates may give him the time he obviously needs to recover. If Clough isn’t that brave then Bowery has to come in for Oates as the last thing we need is for a niggle to turn into a major injury.

Enough said about today’s performance and let’s look forward not backwards.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Speaking to some orient fans afterwards and they said how many times have they been in our position of having good chances and coming away with nowt.

We're close to being formidable but we need to score our chances. Easy really.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm

If the penalty went in, it’s a different game. Seems to happen too much away from home, missing glorious chances. Even at home we scrape by, missing chances.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum