{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lorient away scorefred sponsered by D block broken seat

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Did Clough not blame the short close season, heat or unicorns?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Conker wrote:
diablo wrote:
Conker wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Conker wrote:Admittedly this is the sort of defeat that hurts a lot, because I dunno about everyone else but I went in to half-time convinced it would end 1-0 Orient, it’s very much typical of Mansfield away from home, either we turn up and cannot hit a barn door like today or we don’t turn up at all.

Recruitment has been poor and other teams have improved (like Orient)

If you think you can confidently judge our recruitment before the window has ended and three games in you’ve been drinking somert dodgey in my opinion mate.

So if Oates get injured who do we put up front?..Swan is very lightweight and easily brushed of the ball and the only striker on the bench is Gale who is inexperienced. Getting Johnson back appears to be a NO No as he would have signed permanently for Walsall if the cash had been available.Johnson is obviously not wanted or needed at Mansfield. It does appear the Manager prefers Hawkins at the back but if he moves him upfront it leaves Perkins or Hewitt in the centre of the defence and to be honest that is not the answer

We’ve had a few ‘significant’ bids rejected for attackers, the window is not let closed. Danny Johnson was not the anwser last season and won’t be this season, yes we do need a striker but we need to make sure it’s the right one and it’s not like we haven’t been trying.

Then he should have kept him until he signed one.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm

I didn't think it was too bad. Saw plenty of positives.

We had 15 shots on goal away from home. We had 7 of those on target. 2 were clear cut. Their made some good saves and was arguably man of the match.

Orient have yet to concede this swason and are the only side so far to take maximum points. It was said when the fixture list was released tht the first games were going to be difficult.

We've 3 forwards out injured/suspended and it showed today. They hit us on the counter and hit us with a sucker punch. They've not conceded a single goal this season, even though they look a bit shaky. Their keeper will be a big player for them this season.

I'm not too concerned in the context of what I just watched.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:41 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:If the penalty went in, it’s a different game. Seems to happen too much away from home, missing glorious chances. Even at home we scrape by, missing chances.

It was the same at Salford, we would have easily had a draw if we'd have put our chances away.

I know that's bleeding obvious, but we're not getting outplayed/battered in these games so it's not the end of the world
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:If the penalty went in, it’s a different game. Seems to happen too much away from home, missing glorious chances. Even at home we scrape by, missing chances.

It was the same at Salford, we would have easily had a draw if we'd have put our chances away.

I know that's bleeding obvious, but we're not getting outplayed/battered in these games so it's not the end of the world

Yeah and that's what's adding to frustrations. We've lost 3 out of 4 because of that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Agreed. As long as we don’t continue in the same vein.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 pm

It’s the hope that kills you
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:47 pm

It's not a worry if all you want is another 20th place finish. Think the chairman and most supporters are hoping for something much better than that
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:56 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:It's not a worry if all you want is another 20th place finish. Think the chairman and most supporters are hoping for something much better than that

How dare you...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Eastern Green Stag wrote:Clough's treading on egg shells .. to much of a tinkerman !
If they play like that in our next 2 homes we shall lose them both !

I thought we played quite well. We just didn't take our chances.

Mind, it must be hard to watch football if you're blind.

I watched the game & we ran about like headless chickens .
.. i see Macca's off the boil now he's signed his 2 year contract
:cry:
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Ralphy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:00 pm

I thought we played well but didn’t take the chances created. If we had been sat here now with a 3-1 win as we should be then this board would have been full of us winning the league by ten points and a good few posters wouldn’t even be on the board until we lost again. I swear there are some on here that prefer it when we lose!!
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby StagsFan83 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:11 pm

Clough needs to remember he is a lucky manager, and stop being so stubborn. We have money, we have the space in a squad, so stop looking to get value for money in your Jack of all trades and get a few key masters. Money talks, we have it, let’s get someone impressive in to solve that striker problem.

Agree that Johnson had no future here, but why let him go if we have no replacement, he could have played today, and scored against his old club, may of even made the miserable *** smile.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:12 pm

Ralphy wrote:I swear there are some on here that prefer it when we lose!!

Ridiculous comment, people are frustrated because their fears are coming to fruition.

No one wants to see us lose.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:18 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Clough needs to remember he is a lucky manager, and stop being so stubborn. We have money, we have the space in a squad, so stop looking to get value for money in your Jack of all trades and get a few key masters. Money talks, we have it, let’s get someone impressive in to solve that striker problem.

Agree that Johnson had no future here, but why let him go if we have no replacement, he could have played today, and scored against his old club, may of even made the miserable *** smile.

I think he could be offered Tyler Walker and say no as he doesnt work hard enough...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Played them off the park apart from the thing that really matters, that's how I saw it.

They won't be up there like they are now based on that performance. We shouldn't be where we are based on ours.

It's three games in. If we still keep firing blanks and dominating teams though, then the striker recruitment will be our downfall.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:28 pm

We need to take our chances, we must tuck away penalties in the first minute if we want to progress. We are a striker and a defender short and this needs to be addressed if we want to go up this season.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:30 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Played them off the park apart from the thing that really matters, that's how I saw it.

They won't be up there like they are now based on that performance. We shouldn't be where we are based on ours.

It's three games in. If we still keep firing blanks and dominating teams though, then the striker recruitment will be our downfall.

It was our downfall last season too. Must sort it. Oates can’t keep being lonesome!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:39 pm

We are playing well just not scoring and not is the problem.
The longer it goes on, the confidence will drop and we will be back to being a mid table team.

I also think we need to drop Quinn as he seems to have lost that edge he had last season and is struggling with Macca.

We need to sign a goal scorer as we do t have one in the team other than Oates and he isn’t fit.

As someone said earlier, it’s the hope that kills you and it already feels like slow motion suicide (thanks FD)
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:41 pm

Clough will probably sign another CM
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:51 pm

I blame Akins
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Dominant but wasteful
Last edited by ST4GS on Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Re: Lorient away sponsered by #FreeDerbyOne

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 pm

Spiritater wrote:It's gonna be tough. T'fred isn't happy being excluded, too many things wrong here.

Nigel you need a PROPER CB asap youth.

;) ;)

Well we move on to next game and hopefully a win.

New fredder needed , don't be shy , could be chance to set us a decent run of form :D :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby woodhouse_stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Can’t see Swan scoring this season. Waste of a shirt, offers nothing
woodhouse_stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vinnie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm

woodhouse_stag wrote:Can’t see Swan scoring this season. Waste of a shirt, offers nothing

I mentioned this earlier, offers the exact same as johnson when he played for us. Who thought he would improve us? I've got nothing against swan but it's just a like for like, offers nothing signing.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:26 pm

It could be worse guys......we could be Man Utd
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum