{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mick Jones

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mick Jones

Postby DURHAM STAG » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:20 pm

DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Mick Jones

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:19 pm

RIP Mick
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 pm

Mick Jones was the first Stags manager that I remember. Ironic that tonights game is between the side he left and the side he went to, and Plymouth & Peterborough also play. Condolences to his loved ones.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Remember him well.

RIP.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:52 pm

RIP
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:57 am

As a youngster I used to avidly read his Chad columns. In his second season at Field Mill we just missed out on promotion from division four. I was so traumatised my mother wrote to him explaining my frustration. I still have the letter he replied to her with.

Mick used to tell a funny story about when he was at Derby County and Brian Clough took over. He likened it to John Wayne taking over as Sheriff in Tombtown. He asked Mr Clough if Roy McFarland would have priority over him in playing for the first team. Mr Clough apparently replied Roy would have priority even if he had two broken legs. That was when Mick knew his days were numbered at The Baseball Ground.

Rest in peace.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum