{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conduct

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Conduct

Postby MTFCUKOK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 pm

Did anyone else witness this?
A man in the queue at the ticket office on Saturday - abusive to the young girl serving. Swearing and insulting her intelligence. The girl was clearly upset and didn’t seem supported by anyone - maybe due to the long queues or maybe as it’s a common occurrence and just ignored. Surely this should not be acceptable to anyone - especially a young female. Respect should be given to all who help run our local Football Team.
Last edited by MTFCUKOK on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
MTFCUKOK
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Conduct

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:05 pm

What did you say to him?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:41 am

Clearly unacceptable.
So you registered on the site to post that? Really?
I suggest you contact the club and inform them.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Speccy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:28 am

Dan wrote:What did you say to him?

Lots of people don’t like confrontation Dan.

I hope someone who knows this goon’s name has reported him. We seem to have more than the average amount of idiots like this at home games.
Speccy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCUKOK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:45 am

yorkstag wrote:Clearly unacceptable.
So you registered on the site to post that? Really?
I suggest you contact the club and inform them.

Yes really ! I have informed the Club but I didn’t know all the contact numbers for the fans to tell them. Thought this was the way to do it. Really
MTFCUKOK
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCUKOK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:47 am

Speccy wrote:

Lots of people don’t like confrontation Dan.

I hope someone who knows this goon’s name has reported him. We seem to have more than the average amount of idiots like this at home games.

I am hoping he reads this!
I do not like confrontation - he was clearly an aggressive person. This should not happen.
MTFCUKOK
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCUKOK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 am

Another man called him an offensive name. This is not going to solve the problem.
MTFCUKOK
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:00 am

I would imagine more details like which area of the ground etc. for the club to investigate further.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:21 am

The number of idiots at games will be proportional to the number of people attending.

Bigger attendances means more idiots.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:45 pm

Sadly for some reason the increase is disproportionate.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:55 pm

yorkstag wrote:Sadly for some reason the increase is disproportionate.

Is it? Do you have proof? Data?
Or are you just typing some words on the internet?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:50 pm

I used to write the teletext fanzine page for FTYBR back in the late 90s, one day at work I got a phone call from Steve Hartshorn who told me that Steve Parkin had rung him raging about what I'd written and that I'd better ring the club - this was the season that Parkin bottled the play offs after panicking on deadline day. I dont even remember what I wrote, it was something along the lines of them playing like they dont know each other - it cant have been that bad as it was teletext. So I called the club and Parkin ranted at me for a good minute, threatening to sort me out, threatening to get the players to sort me out if ever I was seen anywhere near the ground, threatening to get me banned, arrested, you name it, then put the phone down on me. The following week (I think), Delahunty had Parkin on 103.2 and they were slagging me off for a while so I rang to speak to them, but they wouldn't let me.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby essexstags » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I used to write the teletext fanzine page for FTYBR back in the late 90s, one day at work I got a phone call from Steve Hartshorn who told me that Steve Parkin had rung him raging about what I'd written and that I'd better ring the club - this was the season that Parkin bottled the play offs after panicking on deadline day. I dont even remember what I wrote, it was something along the lines of them playing like they dont know each other - it cant have been that bad as it was teletext. So I called the club and Parkin ranted at me for a good minute, threatening to sort me out, threatening to get the players to sort me out if ever I was seen anywhere near the ground, threatening to get me banned, arrested, you name it, then put the phone down on me. The following week (I think), Delahunty had Parkin on 103.2 and they were slagging me off for a while so I rang to speak to them, but they wouldn't let me.

Steve Parkin isnt well thought of whenever his name comes up on the Undr The Cosh podcasts so this doesn't surprise me. Don't get Jon Parkin started on him :lol:
Scored in front of the North Stand in April 1993. I was a Mascot but they all count.
essexstags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby diablo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 am

I always had a lot of time for Steve Parkin , He was a Manager having to battle the Calver Cowboy as well as run most aspects of the Club on a very tight budget. You probably caught him on a bad day Mark. He asked me to sponsor a youth team trip abroad which I happily did...KH went crazy at me saying the money could have been better spent elsewhere, I pointed out it was my money and I could do as I wished with it...I think he wanted a new car at the time LOL
diablo
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum