{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Derby Fred sponsored by I did it in a previous life

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Derby Fred sponsored by I did it in a previous life

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:11 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I disagree I think Hewitt is below league two standard.

Elliott Hewitt has just made 40(3) league starts for a team that made the League 2 Play Off Final. He's comfortably League 2 standard and would have no problems signing for another League 2 club. He's also one of the fittest players in our squad.

I prefer Elliott at right back/right wing back rather than centre half although he needs to improve his defending and get closer to the opposition at times like Kellan Gordon.

I agree, I think he can be useful on the right of a back 3 (they cover behind the wing back of they're tmattack essentially a RB)

As for below league 2 standard.

He's played in 14 games at championship level. 41 at league 1 level and 262 at league 2 level (at the time of writing). He's played 10 games for Wales u21 and 3 games for Wales u17.

He was also part of the Notts County team that both got to the play offs and got relegated (played a total of 152 games for them) . He played defensive midfield more times at county, than any other position (59 games) as a right back 43 times and CB 19 times (played CM, LB, LW and RW for them as well.)

so you're also saying footballers aren't as 1 dimensional as people make out and can actually play in multiple positions? ;)

Yes they can. Never claimed they couldn't. My gripe was/is signing players and playing them in their "secondary" position when they could play in their primary position. I'm all for playing your best available players in their best positions. If we've got a few injuries and/or suspensions meaning we have nobody available in a certain position then you do play a player out of position. Many older players are more able to adapt to multiple positions than younger players. Perhaps why Clough prefers experience over inexperience.

And I didn't say you said they couldn't! It wasn't a dig at you.

I think I need a break from this place :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:The Hewitt below League 2 standard is a weird one, nothing to suggest that’s true at all.
Just an opinion, I hope he proves me wrong. He has been in two teams that were relegated to the National League. Had a poor game in the play off final. Started poorly last season. Was poor in the latest game against Derby ( should have been sent off early on in the game, scored an own goal and was skinned for the second goal.).

On the flip side to that one of the relegation seasons earned him a move to the championship and 2 of the other seasons he was in the play offs.

1 of the relegation you mention the lad was 17 years old at the time.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:27 pm

LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON

At home to West Brom or Sheffield United. Oh well it would have been a poor game anyway and there’s always next year.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON

At home to West Brom or Sheffield United. Oh well it would have been a poor game anyway and there’s always next year.
If it had been Sheffield United we wouldn't have been allowed to attend. ;)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Actually we wouldn’t. The ball numbers were based on alphabetically order of teams that won on Tuesday night. Derby were no.6, whereas if we had won we would have been ball number 12.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 am

part time pete wrote:

Actually we wouldn’t. The ball numbers were based on alphabetically order of teams that won on Tuesday night. Derby were no.6, whereas if we had won we would have been ball number 12.

Yes Pete I know. It gets posted on here every time we get knocked out.

My comments were just a light hearted attempt to raise a smile :D :D
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:35 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:

However if our match was played on the Wednesday then we would have had the same number as Derby.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm

part time pete wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:

However if our match was played on the Wednesday then we would have had the same number as Derby.

Now I didn’t know that fact. Every day a school day.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum