{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New ticket system

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New ticket system

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:53 am

Bros wrote:This has implications for the prediction league . I wonder if Pete can tell us how many people got close to the quoted "attendance" . We're all going to have to increase our predictions if this practice continues

Only one person got the points for being within 250 of the 7000 odd attendance.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:58 am

stagmanrob wrote:
part time pete wrote:Interesting that club are now saying attendance is ticket sale numbers.

It will be interesting how many free child tickets have been ‘sold’. I know of folk ‘buying’ an extra free child season ticket next to their seat knowing the child will not attend so that mates who only come to some games in season can by a ticket anywhere in stand but still sit with their mate.

Don't know how true this is, but I heard a murmur that when Chesterfield hand out their free tickets like confetti to school kids (which they do, they regularly try this with my kid's school) these figures are added to their attendance whether they are fully taken up or not.
They then offer adult tickets at a fiver each, which need to be taken up if these kids want to go for free as they need an adult to take them.
These fivers taken from parents are then classed as "donations" to the charitable trust than run them.
They can then claim gift aid on top of this to double the income.

Like I said though, don't know how true this is, just something I've heard.

But us doing what we criticised them doing for years, I don't agree with.
It shouldn't be called "attendance" if we carry on doing so.

Mansfield have done this many years ago when ‘buying’ some hospitality tables by non commercial organisations. The match ticket included in the price was then not subject to VAT.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bros » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 am

part time pete wrote:
Bros wrote:This has implications for the prediction league . I wonder if Pete can tell us how many people got close to the quoted "attendance" . We're all going to have to increase our predictions if this practice continues

Thanks Pete
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:45 am

Every home game there will be 4-500 seats sold and that money is in the bank surely the club has sold that seat, .
The club states how many seats have been sold i have no problem with that.
If a seat is sold and the person does not attend, the seat has been taken, if we sold our full allocation then it would be a sell out crowd.
To attend or not is a personell choice but your seat is taken
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am

bear 73 wrote:Every home game there will be 4-500 seats sold and that money is in the bank surely the club has sold that seat, .
If a seat is sold and the person does not attend, the seat has been taken, if we sold our full allocation then it would be a sell out crowd.

So you're saying that attendance figures should be used for match stats, but if a match is sold out we should be told. That's pretty much how it worked last season.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am

Bradders wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Every home game there will be 4-500 seats sold and that money is in the bank surely the club has sold that seat, .

So you're saying that attendance figures should be used for match stats, but if a match is sold out we should be told. That's pretty much how it worked last season.

The club can only sell seats that are available and 4-500 are sold .
Capacity, 9-186, away end 1-619 Season tickets 4-500.
So if we sold 3-067 home tickets the match would have sold its full home capacity, A sell out for home fans
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm

Reminder that capacity in the home stands is 6900, as demonstrated against Forest Green
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:01 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Bradders wrote:

The club can only sell seats that are available and 4-500 are sold .
Capacity, 9-186, away end 1-619 Season tickets 4-500.
So if we sold 3-067 home tickets the match would have sold its full home capacity, A sell out for home fans

Which is fine and is not the point I have been making, the main point is this is not the way we have previously counted our attendance (again, the clue is in the word "attendance") so to now calculate it this way means you cannot draw any reasonable comparison between this seasons attendances and any before. It should be called "tickets sold" and not attendance (as that implies people in attendance) but other than that it makes little difference other than being an absolute nonsense change.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 pm

What I didn't understand is, on entering the stadium there's a 'chip and pin' style card reader in the turnstile. Why can't we just tap our Season Ticket card? Is that only for those who use apple wallet?

Can I get my ST uploaded to my Google wallet instead of using the card and the skippy bar code reader?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:30 am

Rob wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:Thought that may have been the case. I did think that there was more than 5,300, but not as many as 7,100.

Personally I think it would be great if we could regularly get both figures. Both show demand in their own ways.

I think 5300 was right, indeed your old seat was empty as were a large number of others in our block.

I don't see why the club can't publish both, there will always be lots of ST holders missing in Aug but that number will drop considerably.

As Bradders says, the new "attendance" figure is nonsense and artificially inflates our gates. It also cannot be called "attendance" that would be a blatant lie!

Fair enough, looked reasonably full from where I was, but you obviously had the better view.

Yeah, holiday season, it's unsurprising that there were so many season ticket holders missing. The surprising thing was that we still managed to sell 1,900 odd tickets for the day

Yeah, I'd prefer the actual attendance announced at the match and the number sold afterwards - still interesting to see if the demand is going up, even if they can't attend.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:02 am

part time pete wrote:

Maybe time to scrap the attendance points for home games if the club are going to continue with this farcical new attendance figure ?
Basically, the only person to score points was about 1800 out on the actual figure !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:50 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Maybe time to scrap the attendance points for home games if the club are going to continue with this farcical new attendance figure ?
Basically, the only person to score points was about 1800 out on the actual figure !!

There's no way there were 1,800 no shows on the first Saturday of the season. Even allowing for people being on holiday it's like 35% of ticket holders not turning up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:51 am

Who cares? 4 pages of absolutely nothing.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:57 am

Sneag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
part time pete wrote:

There's no way there were 1,800 no shows on the first Saturday of the season. Even allowing for people being on holiday it's like 35% of ticket holders not turning up.

It would be interesting to know the breakdown of the season tickets, such as how many free child tickets were issued.
Maybe people who have a mate who comes to occasional games have 'bought' a free child ticket so there is an empty seat next to theirs. Then their mate just needs to buy any random seat in the same area and can sit next to them.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
part time pete wrote:

It would be interesting to know the breakdown of the season tickets, such as how many free child tickets were issued.
Maybe people who have a mate who comes to occasional games have 'bought' a free child ticket so there is an empty seat next to theirs. Then their mate just needs to buy any random seat in the same area and can sit next to them.
I know a few who have spent 45 quid to do this.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum