{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranny score fred sponsored by Oates 2 or more

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranny score fred sponsored by Oates 2 or more

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:33 am

broomo wrote:I don't get the need to find fault in Lucas yesterday. He gives us another option and different way of playing when Oatesy isn't on fire, as was the case yesterday.

The number of times we rolled it into his feet in and around the box and he looks to lay it off to an oncoming midfielder was impressive and created half chances or better for Maris, Bowery, Maris again and Boateng.

As well as being an out ball in the channel. Yes he loses possession on occasions but he also holds it up enough to get us up the pitch.

He won us at least 4 of the numerous corners and drew the save of the game from their keeper. He wasn't excellent but he was plenty good enough.

Hawkins was very good and Boateng looks outstanding on the ball. Also thought Maris played quite well and Quinny was very good.

Thought Pym's 2 saves were decent but honestly would have been disappointed if he hadn't have saved the last one.

All of the subs looked ok, although tough to judge Hartigan as he out of all of those who came on didn't have much of the ball. Lapslie kept us ticking over, Clarke showed a lot of drive and Swan looked lively.

All in all a decent day at the office.

Great post, saw the same game as I did.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 am

broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I was very impressed with Akins yesterday. The oft mentioned 20-goal forward doesn't actually score in many games I remember looking into a few of yours who scored 20+goals and found they actually only scored in 17bgames they played in. I think it was Tyler Walker who last scored 20+ goals for us in a season and he only scored in 17 or 18 games. He missed a few games for his stupid red card and played in all the rest.

Anyone else remember that infamous "Tyler Walker" walker thread? Because he took his time getting I to the swing of things.

Akins would have capped his performance off with an excellent goal yesterday, worthy of goal of month, but instead their keeper's save is a contender for save of the month. Akins would have deserved that as well.

As for page numbers. People have more to say when we lose. To be fair last week was an away game so more were on here than yesterday. Have a look earlier during the game. I was largely posting on my own Where's an away game more people come on to read my posts and react to them. Either to agree or to disagree or fill in their opinion. I noticed a lack of posts during the game. I'm not saying theres not more posts after a loss because there is. That's part and parcel of this message board or any social media.

I get your point but would say we probably took 3 or 400 to Salford and it takes 2 and half hours to get home. So 400 watch it and there's 375+ comments before midnight on the day.

6,000+ home fans and probably back on their sofas within an hour. Yet the thread is dead by 9pm.

15 x the number of people watched it = 33% less comment on it.

It's a strange one.

I'm not saying that's there's no correlation. There absolutely is.

However, in this 2.5 hours back from Salford people have access to the internet on their phones and, frankly, might have nothing better to do than talk about the match.

Another point though is that the 1000 or so at Salford meant that there's 5000 or so already at home listening to Martin or the now free to air of FM commentary or my text commentary. Able to post along with it if they want. That boosts the post numbers as well.

With the increase in season ticket sales we will see less people on here on a match day. There was ~5000 home fans for the first home game of the season last season. This season its was ~6500, that's a very good increase but also means less people on here. Once half time hit some came on and posted their thoughts at half time.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:54 am

People are also more likely to do something on Saturday night (eg go into town) when it’s a home match.

Having traveled back from an away fixture, fans are more likely to sit down and read the internet and settle down in front of the tv.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 am

Scothie the Stag wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I was very impressed with Akins yesterday. The oft mentioned 20-goal forward doesn't actually score in many games I remember looking into a few of yours who scored 20+goals and found they actually only scored in 17bgames they played in. I think it was Tyler Walker who last scored 20+ goals for us in a season and he only scored in 17 or 18 games. He missed a few games for his stupid red card and played in all the rest.

Anyone else remember that infamous "Tyler Walker" walker thread? Because he took his time getting I to the swing of things.

Akins would have capped his performance off with an excellent goal yesterday, worthy of goal of month, but instead their keeper's save is a contender for save of the month. Akins would have deserved that as well.

As for page numbers. People have more to say when we lose. To be fair last week was an away game so more were on here than yesterday. Have a look earlier during the game. I was largely posting on my own Where's an away game more people come on to read my posts and react to them. Either to agree or to disagree or fill in their opinion. I noticed a lack of posts during the game. I'm not saying theres not more posts after a loss because there is. That's part and parcel of this message board or any social media.

I get your point but would say we probably took 3 or 400 to Salford and it takes 2 and half hours to get home. So 400 watch it and there's 375+ comments before midnight on the day.

6,000+ home fans and probably back on their sofas within an hour. Yet the thread is dead by 9pm.

15 x the number of people watched it = 33% less comment on it.

It's a strange one.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding your post, and I'm not commenting either way on the validity of attendance vs number of posts, but we took 1,109 to Salford.

That really is brilliant away support. Thanks for putting me right on the numbers.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:26 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Really don't understand what anyone sees in Akins to applaud unless simple lay offs constitute what we need.....his close control and first touch is appalling for a professional footballer. ...he runs into players not space so it's always 50:50 that the attack breaks down and he simply isn't a goal threat. Respect others having different views but I see someone who over 6 months does not deserve a starting place.

Loved Ollie Clarke getting on and showing what we've been missing. ....Boateng and him could really be a force.

This. Clarke deserves a start in my opinion.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:10 am

victor A block wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Really don't understand what anyone sees in Akins to applaud unless simple lay offs constitute what we need.....his close control and first touch is appalling for a professional footballer. ...he runs into players not space so it's always 50:50 that the attack breaks down and he simply isn't a goal threat. Respect others having different views but I see someone who over 6 months does not deserve a starting place.

Loved Ollie Clarke getting on and showing what we've been missing. ....Boateng and him could really be a force.

Ahead of who?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:38 am

To much information to dissect after a game from all corners of the media, and also emotion comes into it.
A high after a good result, and a lack of interest after a bad result, which fades after a couple of days.
But a chat on this forum mainly looking for positives and we move on.
If we have lossed i go quite and not got a lot to say, if we win i am happy and want to know everything about the game from our manager to there manager and cannot get enough
information.
Here i find role reversal a lot more interest if we lose, and a so what attitude if we win.
It would seem their is far more interest if we lose than if we win,
could it be some on the borders are joining us, we certainly show a interest in bobs board.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

bear 73 wrote:To much information to dissect after a game from all corners of the media, and also emotion comes into it.
A high after a good result, and a lack of interest after a bad result, which fades after a couple of days.
If we have lossed i go quite and not got a lot to say, if we win i am happy and want to know everything about the game from our manager to there manager and cannot get enough
information.
Here i find role reversal a lot more interest if we lose, and a so what attitude if we win.
could it be some on the borders are joining us, we certainly show a interest in bobs board.

We’ve a thread on double figure pages with mostly positive comments after a win, interspersed with the usual comments about individuals who have played well or not so well, as you would have on any other forum.

Why try to start an argument on a mostly positive thread when there is no need to?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Ahead of who?

Diiffcult one with such a competitive midfield and the formation we play. Personally think he offers a bit more than Maris (particularly going forward) , but just my opinion .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:17 pm

victor A block wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Ahead of who?

Diiffcult one with such a competitive midfield and the formation we play. Personally think he offers a bit more than Maris (particularly going forward) , but just my opinion .

I think he will start ahead of Maris tomorrow.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:28 pm

I wouldn’t start him ahead of the current three. I thin he will start tomorrow though and Quinn (age) or Boateng (knock on Sat) will be rested.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:38 pm

I think he will play something like:

Pym
Gordon Hewitt Hawkins Harbottle Macca
Clarke Hartigan Lapslie
Oates Akins
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:40 pm

lifestags wrote:I think he will play something like:

Pym
Clarke Hartigan Lapslie
Oates Akins

I reckon flanders might get a game.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bear 73 wrote:To much information to dissect after a game from all corners of the media, and also emotion comes into it.
information.

We’ve a thread on double figure pages with mostly positive comments after a win, interspersed with the usual comments about individuals who have played well or not so well, as you would have on any other forum.

Why try to start an argument on a mostly positive thread when there is no need to?

Well said Musings.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

I think we will see Laps Clarke and Hartigan in midfield.

Gordon at RWB. I think Hewitt will get a start.

Swann will probably get a start.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:29 pm

scotsstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
information.

Well said Musings.

Agreed, we’ve just beat a competent tranmere side at home, why would someone be bothered with the lot across the m1 drawing with some mystery side no-ones ever heard of.

Let’s crack on and go again tomorrow night
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:58 pm

An understandable 1.8 to 0.6 xGs win against Tranmere.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:42 pm

21 corners and 1 goal from the first 2 games. Scope for improvement.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:21 corners and 1 goal from the first 2 games. Scope for improvement.

That’s why they have signed Hartigan. ;) ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:30 pm

Anthony Hartigan will struggle to get in the team if Boateng, Maris and Quinniesta play as well as that every week. We need to bring him on as a Special Teams Player!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:43 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Anthony Hartigan will struggle to get in the team if Boateng, Maris and Quinniesta play as well as that every week. We need to bring him on as a Special Teams Player!

Not if the back four and diamond return!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:I think he will play something like:

Pym
Clarke Hartigan Lapslie
Oates Akins

I reckon flanders might get a game.

Hokely Dokely
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:53 am

Whoscored Ratings

Hiram Boateng 8.0
Riley Harbottle 8.0
Oli Hawkins 7.8
Christy Pym 7.5
John Joe O'Toole 7.3
Stephen Quinn 7.2
George Maris 7.1
Stephen McLaughlin 6.9
Lucas Akins 6.6
Jordan Bowery 6.3
Rhys Oates 6.2

Tranmere
Ross Doohan 7.7
Josh Dacres Cogley 7.2
Kane Hemmings 6.7

Touches
Stephen Quinn 73
Hiram Boateng 69
Neill Byrne 64
Jordan Bowery 63
Ross Doohan 63
Stephen McLaughlin 57

Accurate Passes
Stephen Quinn 46
Neill Byrne 41
Hiram Boateng 41
George Maris 40
Lucas Akins 31

Pass Success Rate
George Maris 89%
Hiram Boateng 85%
Stephen Quinn 82%
Lucas Akins 78%
Jordan Bowery 76%

Key Passes
Stephen Quinn 3
Hiram Boateng 3
Stephen McLaughlin 2
Lucas Akins 2

Defensive Aerials
Riley Harbottle 10
Oli Hawkins 7
Kane Hemmings 4 (Heading our corners away)
John Joe O'Toole 3
Neill Byrne 3

Tackles
Ethan Bristow 5
George Maris 3
Lee O'Connor 3
Ollie Clarke(Sub) 2
Paul Lewis 2

Interceptions
Oli Hawkins 5
Neill Byrne 3
Reece McAlear 3