{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranny score fred sponsored by Oates 2 or more

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranny score fred sponsored by Oates 2 or more

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:38 pm

Arnolds Rod wrote:
diablo wrote:
adamstag wrote:Akins got dogs abuse around us, i’d like to say well played sir, decent effort.

Can’t say i agree with you always starting, but today you were golden, well done.

Maybe they know more about football than you..Akins first touch and control is very poor...in fairness Tranmere's Centre half had him in his pocket most of the afternoon generally by trying to remove his shirt...his shooting is powder puff weak and he should have scored from the dolly side foot volley..Sorry but he is worse than Reid and that is saying something...not saying he doesn't try and make an effort but surely the Manager should have played Akins RWB with Bowery up front..Lapslie should start as should Clarke..tough game today onward and upward...Pym and Boateng outstanding today

Totally agree Diablo. Akins is a bench warmer at best. Lapslie must be wondering how the hell Akins starts up front rather than him.

Why are you comparing Akins with Laps? Two completely different players doing two very different jobs.

Akins held the ball up well today, had much more of an impact than Swan did last week.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Thought Akins was the pick of our two strikers, his control lets him down but he worked exceptionally hard.

Oates, to be fair, didn't get the service he requires.

Tranny kept Macca relatively occupied defensively and not the attacking force he can be.

Quinn lost it and Hawkins spoilt a good performance when both getting yellows, Quinn's especially stupid.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:05 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Arnolds Rod wrote:
diablo wrote:
adamstag wrote:Akins got dogs abuse around us, i’d like to say well played sir, decent effort.

Can’t say i agree with you always starting, but today you were golden, well done.

Maybe they know more about football than you..Akins first touch and control is very poor...in fairness Tranmere's Centre half had him in his pocket most of the afternoon generally by trying to remove his shirt...his shooting is powder puff weak and he should have scored from the dolly side foot volley..Sorry but he is worse than Reid and that is saying something...not saying he doesn't try and make an effort but surely the Manager should have played Akins RWB with Bowery up front..Lapslie should start as should Clarke..tough game today onward and upward...Pym and Boateng outstanding today

Totally agree Diablo. Akins is a bench warmer at best. Lapslie must be wondering how the hell Akins starts up front rather than him.

Why are you comparing Akins with Laps? Two completely different players doing two very different jobs.

Akins held the ball up well today, had much more of an impact than Swan did last week.

I've only seen Akins have one decent game (Northampton away in the play offs). Clough persisted with Murphy and that didn't work out well at Wembley. Clough needs to learn to bench players if they are not up to speed. Boateng has only been here ten minutes and you can tell he's on a different level.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Akins played well today, he held the ball up well in general, he had a good game.

Akins hasn’t in general done much for us but today was certainly one of the better performances and i’m surprised at the feedback he’s received as he did well
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:55 pm

We're on our way.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:30 pm

They must have been pants last week if they were much better today. Thought they vert very poor.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:49 pm

wink68 wrote:They must have been pants last week if they were much better today. Thought they vert very poor.

Thought their right wing back (No 2) was impressive.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:54 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Elsewhere, Rawson messed up a back pass which led to what should have been a penalty, and DJ was subbed on the hour mark.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:
wink68 wrote:They must have been pants last week if they were much better today. Thought they vert very poor.

Thought their right wing back (No 2) was impressive.

Same.
The one he brought down on his chest that nearly led to an undeserved goal near the end was top drawer.

The pick of quite an average to poor looking side in my opinion.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:12 am

Tranmere looked pretty solid today, didn’t really get pulled apart or anything, stags pretty much dominated for long periods, and did have chances to put it to bed, and maybe would of done on another day…..

I think that will be a big 3 points on the long haul and tranmere were a good side, without having a real period of danger for a period of time
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:15 am

Really don't understand what anyone sees in Akins to applaud unless simple lay offs constitute what we need.....his close control and first touch is appalling for a professional footballer. ...he runs into players not space so it's always 50:50 that the attack breaks down and he simply isn't a goal threat. Respect others having different views but I see someone who over 6 months does not deserve a starting place.

Loved Ollie Clarke getting on and showing what we've been missing. ....Boateng and him could really be a force.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:20 am

Proper striker required ASAP.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:28 am

Sneag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:No chance 7 thousand plus. That is an obvious error.

I thought 5,300 seemed light, but it didn't seem like 7,100 either. :lol:

This.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tiptop » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:43 am

Overall I thought the passing and movement was excellent,just need that killer edge upfront..
Oates completely marked out the game,when he did make runs no one in the team quick enough too get into the box..
Thought akins started well with Oates,but after an hour looked knackered...for me should have been replaced by bowery,and put Gordon on the right wing back,as he has pace..

Personally I think we are a better team,for me got to play correct player's in the right positions,with the 5subs rule this should be easy to keep everyone happy...

My starting team would be...

Pym
Hawkins,JJ,harbottle.
Gordon,boateng,Clarke,Maris,s mc
Bowery,Oates.
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MobileStag » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:07 am

I wasn't at the game but just from watching the extended highlights I have a question for those who attended about Pym:

Are the majority of his kicks flat or is it just that the highlights package only included kicks that looked like this? Doesn't seem to punt it high in the air to set up a contested header between striker and centre back and instead seems to hit quite flat kicks, a few cases where they went to Oates' and Akins' chest?

Impressed by him so far :D
MobileStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:11 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Really don't understand what anyone sees in Akins to applaud unless simple lay offs constitute what we need.....his close control and first touch is appalling for a professional footballer. ...he runs into players not space so it's always 50:50 that the attack breaks down and he simply isn't a goal threat. Respect others having different views but I see someone who over 6 months does not deserve a starting place.

Probably agree with this. He's a better wing back than Bowery and Bowery is a better centre forward than Akins.

If we want to challenge we need better up front than Akins.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:32 am

Akins was the more effective of the 2 strikers yesterday as Oates had a quiet game.
Yes his first touch is poor at times but thought he had a decent 2nd half.
Was certainly not the worse player on the pitch yesterday
Funny how no-one has mentioned any of the fans favourites that underperformed yesterday - McLaughlin had a terrible game
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:37 am

Wil0211 wrote:Akins was the more effective of the 2 strikers yesterday as Oates had a quiet game.
Yes his first touch is poor at times but thought he had a decent 2nd half.
Was certainly not the worse player on the pitch yesterday
Funny how no-one has mentioned any of the fans favourites that underperformed yesterday - McLaughlin had a terrible game

Macca was more down to the fact how tranmere basically took him out the game than anything else. Always 1 or 2 on him and little space
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:46 am

If Akins is not harrying their keeper then the ball that was cleared for the corner that we scored from would have been an easy collect for their keeper
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:00 am

MobileStag wrote:I wasn't at the game but just from watching the extended highlights I have a question for those who attended about Pym:

Are the majority of his kicks flat or is it just that the highlights package only included kicks that looked like this? Doesn't seem to punt it high in the air to set up a contested header between striker and centre back and instead seems to hit quite flat kicks, a few cases where they went to Oates' and Akins' chest?

Impressed by him so far :D

I only remember one lofted kick other than when he was under pressure to clear.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:40 am

A trivial thing but would have been nice for Swan to put away that one on one to build some confidence, even though he was offside.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:02 pm

I don't get the need to find fault in Lucas yesterday. He gives us another option and different way of playing when Oatesy isn't on fire, as was the case yesterday.

The number of times we rolled it into his feet in and around the box and he looks to lay it off to an oncoming midfielder was impressive and created half chances or better for Maris, Bowery, Maris again and Boateng.

As well as being an out ball in the channel. Yes he loses possession on occasions but he also holds it up enough to get us up the pitch.

He won us at least 4 of the numerous corners and drew the save of the game from their keeper. He wasn't excellent but he was plenty good enough.

Hawkins was very good and Boateng looks outstanding on the ball. Also thought Maris played quite well and Quinny was very good.

Thought Pym's 2 saves were decent but honestly would have been disappointed if he hadn't have saved the last one.

All of the subs looked ok, although tough to judge Hartigan as he out of all of those who came on didn't have much of the ball. Lapslie kept us ticking over, Clarke showed a lot of drive and Swan looked lively.

All in all a decent day at the office.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:38 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Arnolds Rod wrote:
diablo wrote:

Akins or Bowery centre forward both are diferent players both are not aggressive or good in the air.
One brings technical ability, one btrings effort and uncertainty a defenders nightmare.
Both bring something to the table Akins is the better focal point he is more aggressive for a loose ball.
many fans look for pace and skill bu a squad needs a work horse providing a outlet and a challenge for the ball.
After winning a tense game for a vital 3 points, we should be delighted to relieve the pressure of losing the opening game.
We have points on the board, lets post and celebrate,
15 pages for a loss surly a win is worth 16 pages at least, football related of coarse
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum