{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

games available on iFollow in UK

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: games available on iFollow in UK

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:27 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, will the Colchester game on the final day be available on IFollow as a result of it being moved to the Monday?

no, its not evening nor a working day
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:22 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, will the Colchester game on the final day be available on IFollow as a result of it being moved to the Monday?

I don't know the answer to that. I would guess it will be available as it is outside the Sat 3-5 blackout.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:31 pm

All other bank holiday fixtures are shown so I don’t see why this one would be any different.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:All other bank holiday fixtures are shown so I don’t see why this one would be any different.

I'm not 100% sure on the deal with Sky, as they may be showing some of the games at that time. My best guess at the moment would be that it will be available. Of course, any game selected to be on Sky cannot be shown live on iFollow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:26 pm

You can also watch Saturday's match vs Sutton United due to international weekend.

It doesn't seem to go past Good Fridays game for video passes, even though there are obvious games that should be available.

The final game should be on ifollow though but Martin would be the best to confirm either way.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:04 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Whilst I don't agree with iFollow ever being shown on Saturday afternoons, I'm glad it is this week as my wife has kindly given me Covid :lol: Funny thing is I'll still be in attendance according to the club!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:42 pm

Crawley Sat Apr 1 - no
Swindon Fri Apr 7 - yes (Bank Holiday)
Rochdale Mon Apr 10 - yes (Bank Holiday)
Grimsby Sat Apr 15 - no
Newport Tues Apr 18 - yes
Stevenage Sat Apr 22- no
Leyton Orient Tues Apr 25 - yes
Harrogate Sat Apr 29 - no
Colchester Mon May 8 - Mark awaiting confirmation (eg are Sky showing matches?)
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:13 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:30 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:23 pm

Stevenage Sat Apr 22- no
Leyton Orient Tues Apr 25 - yes
Harrogate Sat Apr 29 - no
Colchester Mon May 8 - yes (now confirmed)
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:19 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 04, 2023 7:57 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon May 08, 2023 8:31 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon May 08, 2023 12:20 pm

Rob wrote:Whilst I don't agree with iFollow ever being shown on Saturday afternoons, I'm glad it is this week as my wife has kindly given me Covid :lol: Funny thing is I'll still be in attendance according to the club!

As it's an away match, I don't think you'll be counted as attending.

And all home league matches this season have been available on iFollow, even those on Saturday afternoons. Officially commentary only, but unofficially everyone knows how to access the video feed if they feel the need. A little more money to the club.

I'm not sure why you disagreed with that, but it happened anyway.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:Whilst I don't agree with iFollow ever being shown on Saturday afternoons, I'm glad it is this week as my wife has kindly given me Covid :lol: Funny thing is I'll still be in attendance according to the club!

And all home league matches this season have been available on iFollow, even those on Saturday afternoons. Officially commentary only, but unofficially everyone knows how to access the video feed if they feel the need. A little more money to the club.

I posted that at the end of March and it was a home game (v Sutton).

Thankfully the new TV deal keeps the Sat 3pm black out, maybe you should ask the EFL why they too disagree with you?

As for illegal streams, yes everyone knows how to access them I guess, of course not a single penny goes to the club and not everyone is comfortable breaking the law.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon May 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I posted that at the end of March and it was a home game (v Sutton).

Thankfully the new TV deal keeps the Sat 3pm black out, maybe you should ask the EFL why they too disagree with you?

As for illegal streams, yes everyone knows how to access them I guess, of course not a single penny goes to the club and not everyone is comfortable breaking the law.

I didn't notice that it was an old post, sorry.

It costs €11 for a match pass and the money goes to the EFL, presumably to share with the clubs. I'm not sure that it's illegal - surely if it was then the EFL are very cheeky taking the fee - but I know that a lot of fans have taken advantage this season.

There's no need to do anything dodgy, and it's a huge help to the fans who can't make it to the match. Many of whom are long term diehards. And it helps promote League Two outside our area and bring new supporters in who won't be up for the matchday experience. Which as we know, is only for some.

Tuesday night matches are available without any workaround, so it's odd that Saturday games require a bit more effort.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 08, 2023 8:34 pm

Sorry Bradders I thought you meant the "free" streaming via a dodgy stick or various Internet sites, which are illegal. I'm not sure if "pretending" to be overseas on a Sat afternoon is illegal, if you know what I mean :lol: .

I'm happy the blackout remains in the new deal and hope the system is more robust to prevent people watching it on Sat afternoons instead of supporting their club in person.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed May 10, 2023 5:56 pm

Rob wrote:Sorry Bradders I thought you meant the "free" streaming via a dodgy stick or various Internet sites, which are illegal. I'm not sure if "pretending" to be overseas on a Sat afternoon is illegal, if you know what I mean :lol: .

I'm happy the blackout remains in the new deal and hope the system is more robust to prevent people watching it on Sat afternoons instead of supporting their club in person.

The last bit is where we disagree. If people want to attend in person, and find the experience worthwhile, then they'll continue doing so. It's great if you don't mind excessive drinking, swearing, and macho posing, and can endure cold and discomfort. Not for everyone, so some potential fans are going to be rare visitors.

Casting the net wider by allowing more people to follow the club will undoubtedly bring in new fans. My opinion is that will massively increase interest in the club and generate a big new fanbase, in a way that the dreary and dated matchday approach cannot.

Added to that is the current lack of respect to long term fans who are not able or willing to turn up at the Wonk, but aren't given a straightforward alternative.

It seems to work fine on Tuesday evenings, and Saturday afternoon is no longer the traditional time for the game anyway, so why hang on to that restriction?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum