{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford Score Fred sponsored by Beermen.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford Score Fred sponsored by Beermen.

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:41 pm

We need to improve our away form this season especially against the top sides. We only won 7 games away from home last season and didn't beat any of the top 11.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:43 pm

A good win for port vale though in league 1, while we were busy losing at salford.

What might have been had we not cocked up the final huh :roll:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:49 pm

adamstag wrote:A good win for port vale though in league 1, while we were busy losing at salford.

Port Vale will still be on a Wembley high that will carry them for a few games, whereas we've still got to lay the ghost of our Wembley disaster.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:52 pm

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:A good win for port vale though in league 1, while we were busy losing at salford.

Port Vale will still be on a Wembley high that will carry them for a few games, whereas we've still got to lay the ghost of our Wembley disaster.

we’ll come good.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:07 pm

Mal Benning, Harry Charsley and Aidan Stone all started for Vale yesterday. Corey O'Keeffe also started for FGR. Get your money on Walsall for promotion :lol:

Tyrese Sinclair came on as a 74th minute sub for Rochdale. Danny Rose was a 81st minute sub for Stevenage. CJ Hamilton was a 83rd minute sub for Blackpool.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:57 pm

As always, I'll be very interested to see how long the matchday thread is when we beat Tranmere.

This place is horrible bordering on embarrassing yesterday and today.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:11 pm

broomo wrote:As always, I'll be very interested to see how long the matchday thread is when we beat Tranmere.

Again, we’ve got every right to seriously question Clough after how badly he got his tactics wrong again yesterday. He got the playoff final horribly wrong. He got yesterday horribly wrong. He played Bowery at wing back and then at centre back for crying out loud! Macca at CB!

If we played everyone in their normal positions and lost then there’d be a lot less questioning Clough.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:46 pm

broomo wrote:As always, I'll be very interested to see how long the matchday thread is when we beat Tranmere.

Maybe you should just give match day threads a miss, you won't know this, but they've been the same for many, many years! Its OTT when we win, OTT when we lose.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:08 pm

Give it a rest.
Saint Nigel got it wrong yesterday.
He can’t admit it.
You can’t admit it.
No one is shocked at either of those.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:38 pm

Football is an emotional game and we all respond differently

I remember being a teenager and when we won I thought we’d be champions and when we lost I thought we should sack the manager.

Roll forward a few years and I am still as emotional after a performance like yesterday, especially when the opposition were so poor
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:47 pm

I’m fine with Clough making all those silly mistakes yesterday, long as he shows he’s learnt from it next Saturday. Fingers crossed.

He’s just got to play his own players in their own positions, it’s not a difficult ask.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm

Conker wrote:I’m fine with Clough making all those silly mistakes yesterday, long as he shows he’s learnt from it next Saturday. Fingers crossed.

He’s just got to play his own players in their own positions, it’s not a difficult ask.

But where close on 2 years into his reign......and he has been doing all the time !!!
And its never his fault !!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:33 pm

:D Its all ,Piggy in the middle to me :lol: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:41 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Again, we’ve got every right to seriously question Clough after how badly he got his tactics wrong again yesterday. He got the playoff final horribly wrong. He got yesterday horribly wrong. He played Bowery at wing back and then at centre back for crying out loud! Macca at CB!

If we played everyone in their normal positions and lost then there’d be a lot less questioning Clough.

Ok, who would you have played at right back in a back four, or who would you have played in the back three if not Macca. Note Perch was injured Hawkins suspended and Hewitt and Gordon not fit enough to start the game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Weststandupper stag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:59 pm

But where close on 2 years into his reign......and he has been doing all the time !!!
And its never his fault !![/quote]
Just to be clear you have made it clear on numerous occasions that you do not rate Clough and have thought so before he came here. Despite this clearly held view that NC is past it do you not think we are in a far better position now compared to when he was appointed?
Weststandupper stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:23 pm

JR horse Yesterday 1.40 Goodwood , Dark shot gets beat on the line finishes 3rd at 50/1. :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:27 pm

Sneag wrote:

Spot on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:06 pm

Weststandupper stag wrote:But where close on 2 years into his reign......and he has been doing all the time !!!

Just to be clear you have made it clear on numerous occasions that you do not rate Clough and have thought so before he came here. Despite this clearly held view that NC is past it do you not think we are in a far better position now compared to when he was appointed?[/quote]

Your right.....I don't rate NC...
I dislike his stubbornness and 'Its always someone else's fault'
And his last two managerial games are the exact reason why and certainly doesn't alter that view.

Are we in a better position.....Yss without a doubt the team and the whole club is......But I think we could be in an even stronger and better position if it were not for NC's major Wembley gooseberry up.
He did a great job in getting us there.........but royally stuffed up on the day.

I said yesterday, NC has built a squad good enough to beat any side in this division.....the reason we dont is often due to his baffling team selections.
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 pm

You can go on any football forum in the country , and lose threads are always longer than wins ,that’s more proof that we brits like nothing better than a moan
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:38 pm

Big yella wrote:

Give it a rest.
Saint Nigel got it wrong yesterday.
He can’t admit it.
You can’t admit it.
No one is shocked at either of those.

All I do is say it as I see it. I'll leave it to folk like you to turn into a stupid personal issue.

All of this "Saint Nigel" stuff is as boring as it is daft. I just trust him more than you do to get it right more often than wrong.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 pm

We move on to the next game now. The only way is up. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby 1975stag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Conker wrote:I’m fine with Clough making all those silly mistakes yesterday, long as he shows he’s learnt from it next Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Well, he did play for Liverpool.....
1975stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:37 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Broomo is right . Yesterday wasn’t about formations and team selection. Both goals were preventable and missed more than enough chances to win the game.
With regard to NC be careful what you wish for
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:07 pm

part time pete wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Ok, who would you have played at right back in a back four, or who would you have played in the back three if not Macca. Note Perch was injured Hawkins suspended and Hewitt and Gordon not fit enough to start the game.

Who said Gordon wasn’t fit enough to start? He played the full 90 last week and played an hour against Sheff United a few days before. Think you’ve just made that up.

In a back four you could have played Gordon, the right back… at right back! He’d be playing in a position he’s played most of his career, we could have had Harbottle and O’Toole at centre back and Macca in his natural left back spot. That way, everyone’s playing in their normal positions rather than playing a back 5 with three of the five players playing out of position.

Players playing in their normal positions… what a concept!
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:15 pm

Nigel Clough doesn’t reckon much to Gordon playing at right back. Gordon has played at right wing back this season and not at right back.

So you think Gordon should have played instead of Akins, Nigel didn’t.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum