{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:53 pm

AshoverStag wrote:If NC plays him tomorrow we will find out at 2pm either way

May still stay if not and play vs Donny.

If he’s not played by 28th id suggest he’s going elsewhere. Still plenty of time to seal a deal by Monday 31st

But by then we have potentially missed out on his replacement, if Walsall or any other club are interested then I’d say you have till next Friday or the player stays and plays for us .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:51 pm

Marky Mark wrote:If he only wants to go somewhere for 6 months but we want a fee for him, then it follows that the only teams who will take him are those that are willing to stump up a fee to sign a player for 6 months and I can't see many teams wanting to do that. Feels more and more like he'll be with us for the rest of the season, whether we play him or not.
It makes me wonder if he knows where he wants to be.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:44 pm

Its called player power bet we end up getting nowt for him and not many goals from him either brilliant
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:If he only wants to go somewhere for 6 months but we want a fee for him, then it follows that the only teams who will take him are those that are willing to stump up a fee to sign a player for 6 months and I can't see many teams wanting to do that. Feels more and more like he'll be with us for the rest of the season, whether we play him or not.

Think he wants to be at Walsall, he's had a good season and scoring regularly. He will get a good contract from someone next season. I wonder if we have a years option on him?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Can’t see Radford being very happy at all this was Cloughs signing which probably is costing the club a big wage now Walsall aren’t paying his wages .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Wasn't it JR who changed it to a loan instead of permanent in the Summer?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm

That is what was reported and no-one has contradicted it since
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:54 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Wasn't it JR who changed it to a loan instead of permanent in the Summer?

His own cash to lose if he decides to take a gamble...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:58 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Wasn't it JR who changed it to a loan instead of permanent in the Summer?

He was basically making the same point in response to the previous message
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:06 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

He was basically making the same point in response to the previous message

Oh ok..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:29 am

Match off, so DJ saga goes on.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:38 am

It plays to our advantage by not forcing our hand
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:43 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:It plays to our advantage by not forcing our hand

Yep suits us perfectly, an extra week with the new lads, a decent rest for those with knocks, time to sort out the Johnson situation and let's be honest we're in pretty bad form so the break has come at a good time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:50 am

Rob wrote:

Yep suits us perfectly, an extra week with the new lads, a decent rest for those with knocks, time to sort out the Johnson situation and let's be honest we're in pretty bad form so the break has come at a good time.

It comes at a better time for the Cobblers when you see their injury list. I was thinking yesterday when I was doing my prep for the game, there won't be a better time to play them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby victor A block » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:57 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

It comes at a better time for the Cobblers when you see their injury list. I was thinking yesterday when I was doing my prep for the game, there won't be a better time to play them.

Only if Hoskins was on it.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:59 am

we will be stronger next time, new striker & attacking midfielder in the building
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:34 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:

It does. Northampton will be more happier than us that the game has been postponed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:39 am

oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Think he wants to be at Walsall, he's had a good season and scoring regularly. He will get a good contract from someone next season. I wonder if we have a years option on him?

What I can't understand is why he only wants to sign a six month contract. Surely if that is where he wants to be he would sign at least 18 months. Unless it is a ploy to get him on the cheap. It certainly reduces the amount a club is willing to pay in transfer fees. Maybe he will be happy to sign a longer contract at Hartlepool. The whole situation seems strange to me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:50 am

Possibly he has an informal arrangement with a club for next season
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:51 am

Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What I can't understand is why he only wants to sign a six month contract. Surely if that is where he wants to be he would sign at least 18 months. Unless it is a ploy to get him on the cheap. It certainly reduces the amount a club is willing to pay in transfer fees. Maybe he will be happy to sign a longer contract at Hartlepool. The whole situation seems strange to me.

Is it true though ? Who said he only wants 6 months?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Is it true though ? Who said he only wants 6 months?

Think Nigel did in his interview this week. Said he'd only sign a 6 month contract with Walsall if we sold im sure
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:52 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Possibly he has an informal arrangement with a club for next season

Could be. It certainly doesn't help the situation.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:59 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Think Nigel did in his interview this week. Said he'd only sign a 6 month contract with Walsall if we sold im sure

Fair enough. Didn’t see that bit
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:Possibly he has an informal arrangement with a club for next season

Could be. It certainly doesn't help the situation.

I'm wondering, reading between the lines, if he's (or agent to be specific) had contact with a club higher up who will take a punt on him but don't want to pay a fee. Otherwise why would he only sign for anyone for 6 months.

Maybe said club has a decent left back we can do a swap deal with :D

What other feasible explanation is there?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Maybe as a free agent in the Summer he thinks he could get a bigger signing on fee as there's no transfer fee involved?
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum