{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
adamstag wrote:If he’s going to walsall which we all assume he will there has to be a replacement, must as there needs to be reinforcements in defence.

Trust him as a manager i do, but he can’t afford yet another failure of a transfer window on the bounce from the summer.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go back to orient
They don't need him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:25 pm

It would be nice if another team made a bid. If they don’t Walsall and Johnson together can push the fee down.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:27 am

I'd think there'd be interest from others. Teams that aren't firing will want a striker that's avaliable in Jan and currently 3rd top scorer in the league.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:57 am

gazza1988 wrote:I'd think there'd be interest from others. Teams that aren't firing will want a striker that's avaliable in Jan and currently 3rd top scorer in the league.

Somebody like Mansfield Town :|
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:35 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It would be nice if another team made a bid. If they don’t Walsall and Johnson together can push the fee down.

Walsall will have a maximun fee in mind . They will also be fully aware that other clubs could be offering a fee and more importantly a better wage for the player /agent. They have to get the balance of he is likely to sign for them due to the current situation against what others may offer . Not an ideal time to be trying to push the fee down . Time to be pushing your best bid over the line before other offers start to look more tempting .
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Aspleystag » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Alternatively it could be someone at the bottom of League One who has more money than Walsall. MK DONS? Burton? Charlton.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sunray » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:47 pm

Why not recall and set up the team to play to his scoring potential.
Where else are we going to find a top four scorer in this league.
NC needs to accept he was wrong in not playing him.

Bowery was up front applauding the fans at Walsall was that farewell
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Elkesley Stag » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:03 pm

sunray wrote:Why not recall and set up the team to play to his scoring potential.
Where else are we going to find a top four scorer in this league.
NC needs to accept he was wrong in not playing him.

Bowery was up front applauding the fans at Walsall was that farewell

Said many times over , The tactics were different for Johnson and Oates when they both arrived. Johnson was injured and Oates started , Then Oates was injured and Johnson played in a side set up to play to Oates strengths . IMO if the situation had been reversed Oates would be playing elsewhere and Johnson a regular starter for the Stags .
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stagsfan11 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Alan Nixon has reported that Colchester are in for Johnson
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:55 pm

I dont know how many times several people have to say it that while ever NC is manager DJ will never play for us again.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby BenJwells » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:01 pm

I could see Gillingham swooping in of they suddenly have cash to burn
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Aspleystag » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:18 pm

If Clownty get a good fee for Langstaffe then they could go for him as a replacement.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:22 pm

More the merrier , just get the biggest fee :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:21 pm

Despite the lack of shooting yesterday it’s not really the goals we score which is the problem.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:51 pm

He's not good enough for a Clough team. He can't play in 10 different positions and he scores goals, definitely not right for us.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:27 am

bigalstag1 wrote:He's not good enough for a Clough team. He can't play in 10 different positions and he scores goals, definitely not right for us.

Pity he couldn't score goals last season when he pulled on an amber shirt. Fact is he's only ever had 1 good season in the efl prior to this (he's not scored in the last 10 games this season according to a Walsall fan I spoke to on New Years Day). Get shut of him sharpish and pull out all the stops to make Swans move permanent. He's a far better option than DJ.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:58 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:He's not good enough for a Clough team. He can't play in 10 different positions and he scores goals, definitely not right for us.

Pity he couldn't score goals last season when he pulled on an amber shirt. Fact is he's only ever had 1 good season in the efl prior to this (he's not scored in the last 10 games this season according to a Walsall fan I spoke to on New Years Day). Get shut of him sharpish and pull out all the stops to make Swans move permanent. He's a far better option than DJ.

Sign Swan yes, but he's not the real deal yet.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:08 am

oldweststander wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

We can't afford the real deal.

Colchester showing interest in DJ.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:11 am

Grendon Stag wrote:(he's not scored in the last 10 games this season according to a Walsall fan I spoke to on New Years Day).

Danny Johnson has scored 13 goals this season (11 in the league) and he has scored 3 times in his last 10 appearances so your Walsall fan had a terrible memory Grendon :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 am

Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

We can't afford the real deal.

Colchester showing interest in DJ.

Cheers Musings.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:18 am

Danny Johnson's EFL record is pretty good. 74(24) league apps and 34 goals.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:30 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Danny Johnson's EFL record is pretty good. 74(24) league apps and 34 goals.

Let's hope it's good enough for a decent fee.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:46 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:(he's not scored in the last 10 games this season according to a Walsall fan I spoke to on New Years Day).

Danny Johnson has scored 13 goals this season (11 in the league) and he has scored 3 times in his last 10 appearances so your Walsall fan had a terrible memory Grendon :)

I saw nothing from him in a Stags shirt that would make me want to keep him. I don't think I'm alone in that view. The problem is Oates got injured as he would probably have scored as many for us as DJ has for Walsall.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:35 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:

He had the best goals to minutes ratio of our team for the majority of last season. Even when he barely got a sniff 2nd half of the season. Most he got was 45 minutes in just one game. The rest were mostly on as a sub in the 80th minute.

This is repeating page 2 of this thread though.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

He had the best goals to minutes ratio of our team for the majority of last season. Even when he barely got a sniff 2nd half of the season. Most he got was 45 minutes in just one game. The rest were mostly on as a sub in the 80th minute.

This is repeating page 2 of this thread though.

Not better than Will Swan’s this season though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum