{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Away ticket availability

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Away ticket availability

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm

With over 3000 season tickets and the new on line ordering of tickets, could we be in the situation where we will be up at midnight on line trying to buy tickets like that do for Glastonbury tickets.

Looks like we need a higher priority than just season ticket holder.

What sort of ideas have fans got.

A points based system?
An away membership card for season ticket holders?
Or just a free for all like a la ‘Glastonbury’
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: Away ticket availability

Postby ST4GS » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:19 pm

The club need to build up a customer purchase history to allow sale precedence. Unthinkable a few years back and fantastic that this has become an issue that we can sell out for run of the mill away games. Salford will sell out again.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:20 pm

Points system would be more fair I think
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby maverick34 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Points system for season ticket holders would be good, but i'd imagine with the launch of the new system, it'd be a free for all this season unless they have a way to track back through past ordering history for however long back they want to go about it. Probably too much of a task to implement before they start selling for Salford away. The other, and possibly more simple, option would be to initiate an 'Away Membership' type thing for a small fee. Possibly something similar in price to what the Quarry Lane Membership was last year, and by being a member you get priority for purchasing, plus a couple of quid off the ticket price? Just a thought anyway...
maverick34
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Amberheart wrote:Points system would be more fair I think

What about the Guy/Girl working shift patterns and purchasing a season ticket just doesn’t make financial sense ?? Some go to has many games as work commitments allow which doesn’t make them any less a stags fan .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:42 pm

I was thinking that it they say sell 500 away membership cards for say £25 to season ticket holders .

Then these card holders would be able to buy away tickets a day before they went on sale to normal season ticket holders.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby James » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:42 pm

They're not going to bring in a system for the 5/6 away games we'll look at selling out a season. Also, if we went up a league, we will go to bigger grounds with more allocation etc.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby jeff » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 pm

Priority to Season Ticket Holders who were also Season Ticket Holders last year?
They will have the history for that surely.
jeff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby NEStag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:01 pm

My thoughts:

We have the short term priority (STs; SSA; General Sale) and they should flag now that a points based system will be operated from (say) the start of next season (2023/2024).

Then there should be a log of away credits for each season ticket/account holder for this season and they can introduce a points based system for next year. Each away ticket purchased = 1 credit.

There's then a question whether the priority should be done only on credits or if STs should still have some priority on which there will no doubt be lots of different views. :o

I agree they won't have the info from the old system and that would allow people the opportunity for this year to build up credits based on their attendance at away games.
Last edited by NEStag on Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bros » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:14 pm

The points system seems reasonable. Should an extra point be given for the Tuesday night away games or those to far flung corners of the Empire such as Barrow, Crawley and Gillingham
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Bros wrote:The points system seems reasonable. Should an extra point be given for the Tuesday night away games or those to far flung corners of the Empire such as Barrow, Crawley and Gillingham

Why should you?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:39 pm

I’d you’re going to do a points based system it should be done on how long you’ve had your season ticket.

Those who’ve had a ST for say 3 years or more get first dibs and so on.

however i can’t see one being introduced.
Last edited by adamstag on Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

James wrote:
Bros wrote:The points system seems reasonable. Should an extra point be given for the Tuesday night away games or those to far flung corners of the Empire such as Barrow, Crawley and Gillingham

Why should you?

I watched us away at Partick Thistle in 1978, can I have an extra point for that game?
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 pm

jeff wrote:Priority to Season Ticket Holders who were also Season Ticket Holders last year?
They will have the history for that surely.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: simple solution. Preference to those who been loyal to the club, through thin, thinner, very thin and even thinner than that. Bandwagon jumpers'll wobble and fall off at the first sight of a couple of potholes in t'road.
Last edited by Spiritater on Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:45 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

I watched us away at Partick Thistle in 1978, can I have an extra point for that game?

I travel to mansfield from manchester for each game, as that could be classed as an away game, maybe i should get extra points too :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

I travel to mansfield from manchester for each game, as that could be classed as an away game, maybe i should get extra points too :lol:

Drink
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
adamstag wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

Drink

:lol: ;)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:07 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

Yes, you can have 5 points for that :D

First come first served, all ST holders deserve the same chance. This divisive class creation is strikingly familiar!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 pm

Rob wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

First come first served, all ST holders deserve the same chance. This divisive class creation is strikingly familiar!

What if you are a ST holder and can't do the ordering online and suffer from Techophobia like me then I don't have the same chance as those who can do it on line
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:19 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Rob wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

What if you are a ST holder and can't do the ordering online and suffer from Techophobia like me then I don't have the same chance as those who can do it on line

Learn how to do it, it's about as easy as posting on here :lol:

Failing that queue up and hope you get one, surely ticket policy can't be determined by the odd technophobe can it?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Rob wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

Get a tent and camp overnight and take a mobile with you.

Therefore in the morning you can ring from your tent or you’ll be first in the queue 8-)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Rob wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

The Entitled !!!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Rob wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:
James wrote:

Why should you?

I went to Tow Law Town in a blizzard but don’t think I should get any credit at all. If you want preferential treatment perhaps you should pay a premium for it otherwise get in a queue. Opposite system to buying a ticket in advance of the day, the longer you wait the cheaper it gets. If you miss out by waiting too long you snooze you lose.

There may be a case for buying in blocks of at least 5 consecutive games though but without refunds.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:25 pm

That's unfair to us phobes Rob. I've tried but as soon as things go awry I have the shakes come on like you do if Dan mentions DF... it gets that bad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:32 pm

adamstag wrote:I’d you’re going to do a points based system it should be done on how long you’ve had your season ticket.

Those who’ve had a ST for say 3 years or more get first dibs and so on.

however i can’t see one being introduced.

Don’t suppose you’ve had a season ticket for three or more years have you?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum