{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Away ticket availability

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Away ticket availability

Postby Rustystag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:46 am

So having read this thread this morning I'm so disappointed with the attitude towards each other as supporters

To those slagging off the old guard just remember with out them we wouldn't have a team to watch at all

My son and me missed 5 away games last season However with that being said I do think a to point system should be put in place

Because it stops the day trippers (as my 8 year calls then) getting tickets before someone that has been absolutely everywhere with the stags

Thing is we talk about this now, If we lose a couple of games, the novelty will wear off and it'll be back to the regulars going
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:00 am

Like anything else, if you restrict access you won’t attract new fans.

I understand the bonuses for fans at home including first dibs at cup tickets etc. Away games should be a straight first come first served basis as there is no fair system of distinguishing between purchasers without a complicated and probably flawed lottery. Would successful purchasing gain you more points for the next lottery? How could that be fair to people who wanted to travel but couldn’t get a ticket?, they would never catch up.

No-one is a regular customer of the club issuing the ticket (ie the home club) so no-one should have an advantage. If you are that bothered you would get organised early something the casual attender rarely does.

I’ll get my tin hat.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rustystag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:10 am

While I somewhat agree with your statement fans should be rewarded for watching stags away tho

Your Newport's, Gillingham's, Sutton's, Orients and the far away games should be given 3 points

It's good that we're having this conversation because it shows we've grown

However, with growth, there's a risk of losing older fans
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:14 am

We’re talking about bringing in systems for away tickets based upon one decent year of away travel.

Most seasons there isn’t a problem getting away tickets, eve for some of the bigger games.

Next season will be the same unless we’re gunning for promotion again. If we are promoted then the following season will return to normal.

It would be poor business to change our existing approach now as it will alienate some people in the longer term
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Rustystag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 am

Unless for games like these they go back to the old approach and selling them from the ticket office
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:32 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Like anything else, if you restrict access you won’t attract new fans.

I understand the bonuses for fans at home including first dibs at cup tickets etc. Away games should be a straight first come first served basis as there is no fair system of distinguishing between purchasers without a complicated and probably flawed lottery. Would successful purchasing gain you more points for the next lottery? How could that be fair to people who wanted to travel but couldn’t get a ticket?, they would never catch up.

No-one is a regular customer of the club issuing the ticket (ie the home club) so no-one should have an advantage. If you are that bothered you would get organised early something the casual attender rarely does.

I’ll get my tin hat.

I agree.

Being able to guarentee an away ticket depends on us having a crap season & I rather not go to any away games & see Stags promoted.

We're going to have 4,000 STs & most away allocations (including the Wonk) are below 2,000. You can't get a quart in a pint pot.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:51 pm

Totally agree with the last post ...no matter how many ST holders there is not all of them will be able to get an away ticket
So no matter how loyal you’ve been traveling to away games its never going to work ...
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sharp » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 am

I think we are somewhat getting ahead of ourselves. Last year we were on the verge of automatic promotion for a large part of the season, went one of the best runs in the clubs history and there were only problems getting a ticket for 1 or 2 games, one being Salford wherein the capacity will always cause a problem, and even then there were tickets on general sale (from memory). Increased ST sales does not mean an increased away following at all - that is likely to remain the same so I really don't think there will be a widespread issue or a need to introduce points based systems. 4000 tickets is an incredible achievement but we're not quite in a whole new league just yet.

What they do need to work on (and from what I've seen they are) is access to hospitality and refreshments in the ground. With a minimum of 4000 people every week it needs to improve on last year, maybe they could have a queue jumping points based system based system based on pie and pint consumption :D
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bros » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:47 am

Perhaps a loyalty card with every pie and pint is stamped on it. 5 stamps entitles you to jump one in the queue . They could make it smart phone only to upset Spiro
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:34 am

Bros wrote:Perhaps a loyalty card with every pie and pint is stamped on it. 5 stamps entitles you to jump one in the queue . They could make it smart phone only to upset Spiro

Never buy anything from kiosks
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:24 am

Me neither lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am

Spiritater wrote:
Bros wrote:Perhaps a loyalty card with every pie and pint is stamped on it. 5 stamps entitles you to jump one in the queue . They could make it smart phone only to upset Spiro

Never buy anything from kiosks

You and the tight wad Yorkie are well matched :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:30 am

I always envision Spiro and Yorkie to essentially be mansfield town's version of Statler and Waldorf. The 2 in the balcony in the Muppets show.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:32 am

gazza1988 wrote:I always envision Spiro and Yorkie to essentially be mansfield town's version of Statler and Waldorf. The 2 in the balcony in the Muppets show.

:lol: love it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum