{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby wink68 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:27 pm

Johnny H wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:Agreed, I'd much prefer Hewitt as a third CB. His work rate is good but his positioning is sometimes poor at RB. Akins or Gordon helping him out on that side would cover that.

Would not play Hewitt at CB personally.

Hewitt was excellent at CB in the wins against Exeter and Bradford......far better CB than Hawkins

Neither good enough in defence when we come up against a decent footballing side.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:35 pm

He was definitely the most improved over the season that's for sure. He could do with some competition I feel though in his position.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Johnny H wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:Agreed, I'd much prefer Hewitt as a third CB. His work rate is good but his positioning is sometimes poor at RB. Akins or Gordon helping him out on that side would cover that.

Hewitt was excellent at CB in the wins against Exeter and Bradford......far better CB than Hawkins

Weren't there some absolute horror shows with him at CB? Those are two games he did play well, but Hawkins has played very well at centre back too most of the season so I disagree that Hewitt is far better

The horror shows we're alongside Richard Nartey. Both played 2 games and conceded 3 in each(Hewitt conceding 5). Harrogate home and Walsall away (subbed at half time while at 2-0)

He played CB a few times.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elliott ... rainer_id=

That's all the games he played CB (it doesn't take into account formation changes, some games it doesn't log a position so may be some missing). 4 losses (3 of which during the early season slump) 2 draws and 3 wins.

As a right back (change the filter on there from centre back to right back) he's played 30. Won 16, drew 7 and lost 7. That's not a bad return imo. It's also why I don't think he's as bad as some make out. Has a bad game just like anyone else can.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:54 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Johnny H wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Weren't there some absolute horror shows with him at CB? Those are two games he did play well, but Hawkins has played very well at centre back too most of the season so I disagree that Hewitt is far better

The horror shows we're alongside Richard Nartey. Both played 2 games and conceded 3 in each(Hewitt conceding 5). Harrogate home and Walsall away (subbed at half time while at 2-0)

He played CB a few times.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elliott ... rainer_id=

That's all the games he played CB (it doesn't take into account formation changes, some games it doesn't log a position so may be some missing). 4 losses (3 of which during the early season slump) 2 draws and 3 wins.

As a right back (change the filter on there from centre back to right back) he's played 30. Won 16, drew 7 and lost 7. That's not a bad return imo. It's also why I don't think he's as bad as some make out. Has a bad game just like anyone else can.

That's how I feel about Hawkins , although your last sentence just sums League 2 footballers up. Consistency is lacking sometimes
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Bish thanking the club for last season on his social media, is that his goodbye ?

Maris comments “what a club” under the video clip of the season looked a bit more promising, time will tell

Maris has already extended for a year, the club had an option on him Dave.

Ummm does that mean we would get a fee or happy to stay ?

hope it’s the latter mate

Well we'd get a fee if we sold him, but I suspect he'll be here next year. I'd hope the manager realises that his name is one of the first on the team sheet. As others have said, it wasn't necessarily the January signings that played poorly (though some did), but the bigger impact was what it had on the likes of Maris and Stirk, who had both been outstanding up until Feb/Mar.

Careful Rob that's almost being critical of the Manager and his team selections..although I think you are spot on :shock:
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:09 pm

Bobbystagsfan, absolutely. I'd still rather Hawkins play up front but bring him back in certain circumstances and I have no issue at all. Injuries/suspensions, see a game out etc.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:44 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Bobbystagsfan, absolutely. I'd still rather Hawkins play up front but bring him back in certain circumstances and I have no issue at all. Injuries/suspensions, see a game out etc.

He would make a good impact sub aka (Matt Read) only we need better
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:45 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Bobbystagsfan, absolutely. I'd still rather Hawkins play up front but bring him back in certain circumstances and I have no issue at all. Injuries/suspensions, see a game out etc.

He would make a good impact sub aka (Matt Read) only we need better

I don't think so. He looked good at the start of the season up top with Johnson.
He will have a big part to play next season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Not a rumour about a signing, but a football rumour that could impact us nonetheless.

The Derby County tyre-kicker, Kirchner, has alleged to have walked away from a deal again today.

We could and probably should be looking to take a few of their assets off their hands - coaches, players, YT players.

If the unthinkable does happen and they do a Bury, that might mean 5 teams go up from L2 this season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:15 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Not a rumour about a signing, but a football rumour that could impact us nonetheless.

The Derby County tyre-kicker, Kirchner, has alleged to have walked away from a deal again today.

We could and probably should be looking to take a few of their assets off their hands - coaches, players, YT players.

If the unthinkable does happen and they do a Bury, that might mean 5 teams go up from L2 this season.

Coaches already looking to get their YT lads deals at local clubs.

However.. big Mike is sat waiting to get it as cheap as possible. Deal falls through with the yank they will go straight to him but will end up in league two.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:25 pm

If Derby do fold, I think it will be only three relegations from league one as opposed to five promoted from league two as that is the usual format.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:12 pm

Yep, they always reprieve teams from relegation rather than promoting extra
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:58 am

It all depends if EFL remove the golden share from Derby before the AGM.

If they do it before AGM, then a set of reprieves will happen, starting with Gillingham, then Oldham and then perhaps Kings Lynn.

The issue all along with Derby has been the £28m tax bill and the £10m they owe to other football clubs. In order to keep their EFL golden share, Derby need to come out of admin with a CVA.

However anybody who own more the 25% of the total debt can block a CVA. HMRC are in this position and they have set precedents before by not accepting a CVA if they are not paid in full.

So if HMRC are not paid in full the club will be liquidated and a new club formed like at Glasgow Rangers. Starting again at Level 5 of non league like Macclesfield is possible, but Conference North is more likely for a club as big as Derby.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:18 am

Sounds like the deal has gone through at Derby now.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 am

zod wrote:Sounds like the deal has gone through at Derby now.

Where have you heard that?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:12 am

The preferred buyer has been given an extra 48hrs to complete, if he doesn't then its open for any other interested parties.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am

part time pete wrote:It all depends if EFL remove the golden share from Derby before the AGM.

If they do it before AGM, then a set of reprieves will happen, starting with Gillingham, then Oldham and then perhaps Kings Lynn.

The issue all along with Derby has been the £28m tax bill and the £10m they owe to other football clubs. In order to keep their EFL golden share, Derby need to come out of admin with a CVA.

However anybody who own more the 25% of the total debt can block a CVA. HMRC are in this position and they have set precedents before by not accepting a CVA if they are not paid in full.

So if HMRC are not paid in full the club will be liquidated and a new club formed like at Glasgow Rangers. Starting again at Level 5 of non league like Macclesfield is possible, but Conference North is more likely for a club as big as Derby.

i was under the impression league 1 would start with 24 and league 2 with 23.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:39 am

part time pete wrote:
zod wrote:Sounds like the deal has gone through at Derby now.

Where have you heard that?

A friend of mine who is a youth coach at Derby has been told the money has been received by the administrators.
Not sure what happens next.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:00 am

part time pete wrote:It all depends if EFL remove the golden share from Derby before the AGM.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Dan on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:32 am

come on Cloughie Give the great unwashed a stella signing to fall out about plz
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Transfer window isn't properly open until tomorrow.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:39 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Transfer window isn't properly open until tomorrow.

ehh so why has everyone been signing players & going public for three weeks then ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Neil Harris, Gillingham manager

"At the moment it has been silly season where agents call the shots, not a period I like at all, but now it is sensible business time and then it becomes a buyer’s market. For me, silly season is just coming to an end, that is my terminology for it, where agents just make numbers up. Players and managers, myself included, have been on holiday but I look at silly season ending when the school holidays end. The kids in Kent, London and Essex went back Monday/Tuesday time and that is when things settle down a bit. We now have a two-and-a-half-week period where deals will get done before the market becomes a manager’s market. Most teams go back (to pre-season training) between June 20 and 24 and when players see their ex-team-mates and their friends training, that is panic time for players and agents."

“Silly season is really where people just guess,” said the manager. “Agents look at a club like us, for example. They will look and think we are quite a big club in League 2 and say ‘oh, they will have a good budget’ and they put over a player who might suit the division but on astronomical wage demands. I might quite like the player but the demands could be absolutely ridiculous. We go back for a counter offer and they laugh you off the park, that goes on for a bit and it is a frustrating time for a manager because I try and look at both sides of the spectrum."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:08 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Transfer window isn't properly open until tomorrow.

ehh so why has everyone been signing players & going public for three weeks then ?

Because they sign a pre contract agreement and perhaps we have the transfer paperwork from Cheltenham ready to suit on the 10th June. Strictly speaking flinders is still under contract with Cheltenham. He will be until his contract expires on the 30th June.

All football league (ie full time) clubs player contracts end on the 30th June. An exception being short term until January where it must end during a transfer window to allow a player to transfer to another club.

A transfer window is a period of time where a players registration can be transferred to another club. A transfer fee is just a payment to a club to transfer the registration.

In the case of a player being released at the end of the season it is to alert other teams to his availability. That his contract will not be renewed and all they need to worry about is agreeing terms with the player.

It's basically behind the scenes bureaucracy. But the transfer window opens tomorrow. That's when you will start to see an increase in announced deals. Some teams wait until the ink has dried and the transfer is actually ratified by the football league before announcing. I'm not suggesting we don't, Flinders is an experienced pro and not on Jake Speight's books so will have some decorum. Usually its older players that are signed before the window fixing up for club.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:37 pm

“on Jake Speight's books” Grrrrrr wish we hadn’t signed them, we should how nowt to do with him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum