{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby victor A block » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 pm

There's only 1 Armstrong Okoflex. If we sign him the biggest issue will be getting a song to sing about him.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Oh oko oko, oko, oko oko oko okoflex
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:
totally agree Le Tissier 8 caps ,

He may have scored all his penalties instead of missing one.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:17 pm

never mind pre season starts Saturday, who needs new signings anyway
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:But they still did training. I'm talking about players who miss training completely through injury or being without a club and not keeping fit enough.

Imagine how much better a player Matt Le Tissier would have been if he actually trained the best he could.

totally agree Le Tissier 8 caps ,

Keegan who by his own admission thought there were better players than him but he tried so much harder managed to get 63 ,

The point I am trying to make is Le Tissier had a 15 year career with one club and is quite rightly regarded as their best player ever despite never been remotely close to the fitness levels of the majority of other players . Fitness is vital but not the be all and end all of a players career .

To be fair fitness wasn't as issue back then as much as it is these days.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:45 pm

victor A block wrote:There's only 1 Armstrong Okoflex. If we sign him the biggest issue will be getting a song to sing about him.

Reflex by frankie goes to Hollywood.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:54 pm

Duran Duran Gazza. Unless you meant Relax.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:22 pm

NEStag wrote:Duran Duran Gazza. Unless you meant Relax.

Close enough. :D

But yes meant Duran Duran. Did consider relax as well so just got them mixed up.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:03 pm

Fitness is important, if some had been a little fitter last term we wouldn't have been hanging on for the last 10 mins as happened time and time again.

If you fill your team with age 33+ players you are asking for fitness issues to effect the end of games.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:03 pm

oldweststander wrote:Fitness is important, if some had been a little fitter last term we wouldn't have been hanging on for the last 10 mins as happened time and time again.

If you fill your team with age 33+ players you are asking for fitness issues to effect the end of games.

We have 4 players aged 33+. Hardly filling the team with them.

They played together in the same starting 11 4 times last season. We won 2, drew one and lost one.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:43 pm

broomo wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Fitness is important, if some had been a little fitter last term we wouldn't have been hanging on for the last 10 mins as happened time and time again.

They played together in the same starting 11 4 times last season. We won 2, drew one and lost one.

I appreciate the stats Broomo, there is no getting away from the fact we were generally an 80 minute side.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:00 pm

oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:

I appreciate the stats Broomo, there is no getting away from the fact we were generally an 80 minute side.

Honestly, I don’t know why I bite, but where have you got that we’re an ‘80 minute side’
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:05 pm

James wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:

Honestly, I don’t know why I bite, but where have you got that we’re an ‘80 minute side’

The stats do show that 20% of our goals were conceded from 80mins onwards, more than any other 10min period. However that’s skewed by the fact that 80mins to full time is always more than a 10min period.

We scored 13% of our goals during the same period, which was the second highest ‘ten minute’ period.

Goals scored/conceded from the 80th minute onwards cost us two points over the course of the season (purely based on how they effected the final result). Two extra points would’ve seen us 5th and playing Port Vale in the play-off semis.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby AnonAlias » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 pm

Quinn interview just dropped, Stevo mentioned clubs being in for him, as I said, Chesterfield was in for him, gave him an absurd offer. But however Sedgewick the great says I am wrong.
AnonAlias
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
James wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
broomo wrote:

The stats do show that 20% of our goals were conceded from 80mins onwards, more than any other 10min period. However that’s skewed by the fact that 80mins to full time is always more than a 10min period.

We scored 13% of our goals during the same period, which was the second highest ‘ten minute’ period.

Goals scored/conceded from the 80th minute onwards cost us two points over the course of the season (purely based on how they effected the final result). Two extra points would’ve seen us 5th and playing Port Vale in the play-off semis.

A completely flawed stat, for some games those last 10 minutes were nearly 20!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:21 pm

Derby signed 3 players today, all over 30
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:22 pm

AnonAlias wrote:Quinn interview just dropped, Stevo mentioned clubs being in for him, as I said, Chesterfield was in for him, gave him an absurd offer. But however Sedgewick the great says I am wrong.

Have you been another username before? You seem to know a lot about people already given you've only been on here a few weeks.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:26 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
AnonAlias wrote:Quinn interview just dropped, Stevo mentioned clubs being in for him, as I said, Chesterfield was in for him, gave him an absurd offer. But however Sedgewick the great says I am wrong.

Have you been another username before? You seem to know a lot about people already given you've only been on here a few weeks.

Piss off Bellwhiff.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:34 pm

Gazmoose
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:54 pm

Tony Cole
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:54 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Tony Cole

I thought he was on a beach in Spain.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:13 am

Marky Mark wrote:

I know who this is, it aint bellfwiff...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:06 am

Who is it then Pear cfider?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:13 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:

I know who this is, it aint bellfwiff...

Surely it’s not your dad.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum